CAP 3 CAP 3 – Part 4 (Style)

Between its offensive & defense stats, how would this pokemon be like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an offensive player, and I don't think I eve will be. But how can you not want to make a Fire Grass type poke as offensive as possible! The only question for me is physical or special........( Physical to prevent brokeness duhhh )

I wanted to make a defensive pokemon but Fire/Grass would be better off offensively. Fire/Grass itself is excellent as an offensive combination. However, it's weak to SR so unless it gets mountaineer so it's not so great defensively.

In conclusion, Offensive

Defensive for me. I've wanted a good Defense Fire type for quite some time and the possibility of Leech Seed only makes it better.

Offensive, I'm liking the STAB moves we can choose from using this typing. Wood Hammer, Flare Blitz, Leaf Blade, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, to name a few.

Balanced. A good speed, special attack and HP / defence stat is my vote, because good offensive and defensive Pokémon can be rare in OU. It would be able to combine the healing moves of grass-types (Ingrain, Giga Drian, Synthesis) with the offensive fire-type moves well.

Offensive. This typing has good sweeping potential and would be better than a wishy washy balanced pokemon that couldn't get the job done.

Definitely balanced for me. The stats are a potent threat in an offensive situation, but the movepool of both Fire and Grass would make for an awesome staller. Combine the two and you get something with average stats but awesome versatility. That's what I want.

Balanced, because all I want is high speed and low HP. The defenses and offenses being equal also makes it a less crappy sub-seeder without it being an offensive sap. I do want it to be biased towards one side of the spectrum for attack though.

Balanced

With enough SDef, the only special attack that threatens this pokemon is Air Slash. The typing is just brilliant to soak special hits.

There are a number of physical grass and fire attacks that just don't get any use. Thus, I want to see a physical bias on offense.

Here is my image of an balanced stat using random numbers.

75/90/95/110/115/60 = 545

Balanced but just making up numbers.
Assuming you put speed last, it's definately balanced. 115 * 0.8 = 92, and special attack's 110 obvious falls between 92 and special defense's 115.

If you put speed before special attack (for shame, if so) it's still balanced. 115 * 0.8 = 92, and since defense would be 95 to special attack's 115, it would work.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Balanced.

Why people are wasting a perfectly good opportunity for a grass type that doesn't get raped by Ice Beam and a fire type that can eat Surfs and Earthquakes is beyond me.

No, lets just make yet another fire sweeper and add it to the pile of fire sweepers that get left in BL. Why do something different when fire types are "supposed to" be high-powrered sweepers, despite the fact the high-powered fire sweeper is obviously a losing model outside of Heatran.

The defensive potential of Fire/Grass is amazing. Creating yet another sweeper is a waste of one of the most awesome defensive combinations available.

I'm not too keen on balanced. The typing could perform well defensivly or offensivly, but I think going balanced will just make it mediocre. I'd rather go the full mile, rather then doing what seems to me like the compromise.

So in that respect, I voted offensive.

Wasn't the reason a lot of people wanted to make a fire type was they wanted to make a fire type that was different than Infernape (a clearly offensive pokemon) and Heatran (more offensive, but can function as a tank, making it relatively balanced), the main two fire types currently used?

Considering the number of fire types that are offensive, I don't want to make an offensive Pokemon. I prefer to make a balanced pokemon, because then it has room for more technically viable sets and it has the ability to function well in more roles.

Besides, we already made Syclant (Clearly an offensive Pokemon) and Revenankh (mainly functioning as a defensive pokemon), so I'd like to try something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)