CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 15 - New Move Discussion/Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeming as how we already have a good steel STAB in Meteor Mash, I want a good physical ghost STAB with a helpful scout-ish second ability.

So from there I come up with...

Shade Wave
Type: Ghost
Power: 95
Accuracy: 100%
Class: Physical
PP: 5
Priority: 0
Secondary Effect: All of your oppenet's pokemon who enter battle have a random (uniform) proabality of having their held item, 2 moves or abilitiy revealed. This effect will stay present on the field for 3 turns or until the move rapid spin is used. This secondary effect has a 75% chance of activating, assuming that Shade Wave hits a pokemon for damage.

And now for reasoning. As I said, I wanted reliable Ghost STAB with decent power and scout-ish effect. The power could have not have been too high for fear of brokenness, but not too weak to use shadow claw instead. The PP, however, must be low so this effect can be effectivly stalled out.
I think that that is very good! However, the held item is already showed by Frisk

Sorry ferron this is a crap move. Think how often you see Ominous Wind used on Ghosts with decent SpA? Never. Now picture it off CAP7's 55 Base SpA and it will do Very little damage. So basically it'll just be a 20% chance to lower all stats. An 80% chance of this move doing almost nothing. Even higher if you factor in the low Acc.

I support Barrel Roll and Shadow Strike.

the artic one, your move Metal Crush is pretty powerful, it should only have 5PP and a 40% chance of the drop.
fine, couple of changes then...

Petrifying Touch
type:ghost, physical
BP:60
PP:5
Acc:100
Effect: 20% chance to lower all the enemy's stats by 1 stage.

it is essentially a reverse ominous wind. the 20% may seem low, but remember that waterfall, crunch and MM all also only 20% for their activation. since this effect is arguable much more powerful than those moves, then the lower BP should be acceptable. changes made in italics.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, please be careful about not making your moves too overpowering. I have deleted a bunch of submissions that I thought were simply ridiculous.

Supporting Shadow Strike, but 90 acc is slightly iffy. 95 acc would probably be better if it's going to be a reliable STAB attack.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's mines. It's basically a ghost type superpower. I wanted this move to hit harder than 100 BP, but I also wanted some kind of backfire to using this move, hence the atk and def drops.

Phantom Energy

BP: 120
Effect: Lowers attack and defense by one stage after use.
Physical

Here's mines. It's basically a ghost type superpower. I wanted this move to hit harder than 100 BP, but I also wanted some kind of backfire to using this move, hence the atk and def drops.

Phantom Energy

BP: 120
Effect: Lowers attack and defense by one stage after use.
Physical
how does this assist scouting? it gives no info on the enemy's moves, items or team, but merit of itself or a the ability to cause a switch. in general, its a sweeping move.

how does this assist scouting? it gives no info on the enemy's moves, items or team, but merit of itself or a the ability to cause a switch. in general, its a sweeping move.
It's rectifying the really weak Ghost STAB, which is good enough reason for a new move. It's not needed, or stated anywhere, that new moves have to better CAP7 through it's scouting ability; moves that focus on improving its offensive abilities are also options. People such as yourself might prefer a move that increases CAP7's scouting abilities to one that simply improves its offensive abilities, but both are viable options.

Name- Fatal Knowledge
BP- 40
pp- 10
Accuracy- 100%
Effect- Divines one of the opponent's attack, but loses 10% of it's HP.

Kinda useful move, so I gave it a drawback.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Iron Rake
Type: Steel
Physical
BP: 90
PP: 10
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: 30% chance to lower foe's speed by 1 statge

i dont want this thing to have iron head or meteor mash and i would think this is a good compromise

Name- Fatal Knowledge
BP- 40
pp- 10
Accuracy- 100%

What do you mean by "divine's one of the opponent's attacks"? Do you mean divulges/reveals? And would that mean that it looses 20% of it's health when used with Life Orb, or would it still be 10%? You also didn't mention what type it's supposed to be, but I'm assuming Ghost?

In any case, the 10% HP loss really is enough to balance it, so I'd move the BP up to around 75 or 80 so the move can actually be used to deal decent damage and make it not quite so focused on the secondary effect being the only conceivable reason to use it as a result, since...
Mag said:
Keep in mind that it must be an Attacking move - meaning it should deal damage as a primary effect.

Iron Rake
BP: 90
Accuracy: 90%
Effect: 30% chance to lower foe's speed by 1 statge

i dont want this thing to have iron head or meteor mash and i would think this is a good compromise
its a better aqua tail that combos with flinching moves (iron head maybe...) to give control of the combat. simple but well designed.

Isn't Iron head on the Allowed Moves List?
Yes, both Iron Head and Meteor Mash are in Allowed Moves. However, that doesn't mean that they have to wind up in the actual movepool; just that they're available for it. So, Atlas's proposal is fine, for people who don't want either Iron Head or Meteor Mash to wind up in the final movepool, but who still want to have a good Steel move to use.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nowhere in the OP does it say the move have to be a scouting move, and I really have no clue as to where you got that assumption. The move simply needs to assist the pokemon, which I think mines does just fine. The pokemon needs a good move to base it's stats and typing off of, nothing more.

mag said:
Keep in mind that it must be an Attacking move - meaning it should deal damage as a primary effect.

Name- Fatal Knowledge
BP- 40
pp- 10
Accuracy- 100%

Wouldn't the randomness and low BP be enough of a drawback to not need the HP sap? It's not like you get to choose which Pokemon this move reveals.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, just a quicky here:

Shadow Fang
Power: 90
Accuracy: 95%
Effect: 50% chance to drop foe's Defense one stage.

Ghost is arguably a much better attacking type than Steel. Not only would this give CAP7 a reliable Ghost attacking STAB, it will be one that is great at forcing switches. I imagine this to work somewhat like Crobat and Gliscor currently use the Screech + U-turn strategy: after the Defense drop, the opposing pokemon is enticed into switching out, in which case you get the advantageous switch with U-turn. If they stay in, they risk being KOed or hurt badly on their lowered Defense stat.

Paralyzing Spirit
Attribute: Physical
BP: 80
Accuracy: 100
Effect: 10% chance to paralyze opponent

Name: Thought Theft
Physical Ghost
BP: ???
PP: 15
Acc: 90%
Effect: Battle Power becomes equal to the strongest attack the opponent has.​

For example, if CAP7 was fighting a Swampert, when it used this move, a message would say CAP7 stole Swampert's Earthquake. Then, the attack would have 100 BP.​

Does it scout? Yes,it tells you their most poweful move, sort of like forwarn, except its an attack.​

Is it a reliable STAB? Not really, but it is good against sweepers and tanks, but isn't so good against stuff without powerful moves.​

Ominous Howl
Physical Ghost
BP: 85
Acc: 90%
Effect: 40% chance to lower the foe's Speed one stage

This will force switches especially if used on the switch in. It's also nice physical stab, but isn't broken since hit has drawbacks such as the accuracy.

EDIT:
Shadow Smash/Shadow Crush/Fright Smash
BP: 100
PP:5
Acc:90%
Damage: Physical
Effect: Has a 30% chance to lower the target's Defense two stages.
Basically a physical Seed Flare.

I lowered the BP, added more accuracy, a lowered the percentage chance of lowering defense.
Comments? Also i removed the hammer names.

Cursed Claw
Physical
BP: 40
PP: 20
Accuracy: 100

If the opponent is struck by this attack, they are inflicted with a 'Perish Count' along the same lines as Perish Song, which starts at 3 and ticks down every turn the opponent does not switch out. If this attack is used against a Pokémon who is immune to the attack or uses a blocking move such as Protect or Detect, the Perish Count effect does not activate. Switching out removes the Perish Count effect. If this move is used against a Pokémon who has received a Perish Count from Perish Song that is still in effect, the move fails.

This move was designed to help CAP7's versatility, allowing him to force switches relatively easily but also not being too overpowered, allowing a counter to switch in and NOT be punished for attacking him. This would increase CAP7's ability to scout and would most likely be very usable on him.

Reaper Flash
BP: 95
Accuracy: 95

This move has a 25% chance of lowering the foes defense, but it also has a 50% chance of curing any status ailment.

So, sort of like Crush Claw, but with the addition of increase BP, it has a chance to lower defense. But if a bulky Pokemon has status inflicted, this could have a bad side.

Nazo Slash
BP: 75
Accuracy: 95
Effect: Has 50% Chance of giving the opponent either freeze, paralysis, or burn
NOTE: It is random, there is no way of making it be a certain one.
Nazo means Riddle, puzzle or enigma. But it also means mystery. Henceforth the effect has a chance of giving the opponent a status ailment which makes it a "mystery" of what it could give you.
(Basically a ghost crush claw, but with different effect)
P.S. Open to comments since this is my first time making a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)