2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Guardiola will have a hard time at Bayern. Seriously, he can't do anything better than Heynckes did. Also I think that Lewandowski will flop, he doesn't seem to fit in there.

At least it's Bayern vs. Chelsea again. Hopefully some standard 6:0 for Bayern, Chelsea deserves to get crushed after the last final.

I really pity those Dortmund fans. First Gotze and now they are going to lose Lewandowski to Bayern. Must be really painful especially after the Champions League defeat. I'm really happy to see Hilario, Turnbull and Benayoun released by the club. Courtois will give Cech healthy competition.
I actually hope Courtois becomes the new Chelsea #1, he's a world class keeper in my opinion and if he isn't a starter, he deserves to go somewhere else.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really pity those Dortmund fans. First Gotze and now they are going to lose Lewandowski to Bayern. Must be really painful especially after the Champions League defeat. I'm really happy to see Hilario, Turnbull and Benayoun released by the club. Courtois will give Cech healthy competition.
They just get what they deserve after being super dicks the last two year.

The imperium strikes back hahaha

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
And Chelsea are one of the clubs that have shown interest in him. But he hasn't been very good since his return from injury and I'm afraid that he might never get back to his best like Torres after he got injured. And Mourinho could probably rotate his goalkeeper selections next season. I don't really know what he has in mind but according to the media he is extremely keen on bringing Courtois back and I'm sure he doesn't want to drop Cech who has been brilliant this year and Mourinho probably watched his MOTM performance in the Europa League final. I also hope that Lukaku returns to the club and gets some regular game time next season but that probably won't happen.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can't wait to see Neymar tear it up on Barca next year. Neymar/Messi/Pedro attacking core is going to be quite scary. Now we just need a keeper and center back (preferably Hummels or Thiago Silva) and we're set.

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Barca are kind of linked to every good CB in the world
Yes, but I think the two I listed are the cream of the crop, though I wouldn't mind David Luiz either. At this point, any big name is a huge improvement to what Barcelona have (or don't have) to work with now.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Yes, a defender who loves to stride forward and leave gaps in the defence is just what Barca need. Why do you think Mourinho is likely to get rid of him in the first place ? Mourinho is all about defensive solidity and parking the bus. Luiz is like an anti-Mourinho player.

so liverpool have signed kolo toure on a free transfer... i would have said that it's a decent transfer if Bilbao's Amoberieta wasn't also available on a free transfer.

Roy

streetpkmn
Yes, a defender who loves to stride forward and leave gaps in the defence is just what Barca need. Why do you think Mourinho is likely to get rid of him in the first place ? Mourinho is all about defensive solidity and parking the bus. Luiz is like an anti-Mourinho player.
You clearly aren't aware of how desperate Barcelona are for a quality center back if you think Luiz isn't a HUGE improvement to what they have now.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
p sure he meant that thiago silva and sergio ramos are the best centrebacks in the world, not that they play together, not related to fifa

stop ganging up on the guy jeez

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)