Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

as a heat hater, spurs got ridiculous tickytack calls all night. Don't blame the refs this time. And Manu probably traveled on that last play so it's a wash.

Fact is, Pop got outcoached BADLY (stop fucking playing Manu he sucks, and don't take your star big out of the game on key possessions NO MATTER WHAT) and everyone not named Duncan or Leonard was shit.
Thank you. Cant even lie, that might've been one of the most poorly officiated games both ways that I've seen in a while. As for Duncan, you dont know if he would've gotten either of those defensive rebounds in that last minute but you have to have him out there anyway.

As for Lebron, he should be on his knees thanking Bosh and Allen. If you watch those last few possessions after Parker hit that horrible 3, he completely fell apart. He went absolute chuck mode, got lucky a broken play led to a second three for him, then got lucky again another broken play led Ray Allen to drill a crazy 3 to send it into OT. Just from a basketball fan stand point, that was easily one of the most frustrating games to watch Lebron play

So the fact that he scored at will for almost 7 minutes and had as many points as the entire Spurs team in the 4th quarter at that point means nothing to you? I guess you're just too stats oriented or something but I definitely felt like he had an epiphany or something and this isn't the last we've seen of James doing whatever he wants on offense. If a triple-double to stave off elimination in the Finals and carry his team for most of a quarter doesn't impress you, I'm not sure what will. My guess is you put your betting money on the Spurs and know just like I do that there's no way San Antonio recovers in game 7 from choking this game away. It was the Spurs to lose up 4 pts with 26-ish seconds to play and they definitely gave it away.
Did you even watch the game? He had a great first 10 minutes of the 4th, and overtime. That was it.... Dude completely fell apart in the last two minutes of the 4th, he went something like 1-6 or 1-7 and got completely bailed out by a broken play two possessions in a row. From a neutral stand point you werent frustrated with Lebron almost that entire game?? He was completely passive and whined about literally every foul instead of making the right plays and aggressively attacking the rim. I just look at one of their last possessions he had Parker on him and it looked like he didnt even know what to do... He dribbled at the top for a good 10 seconds, drove into a double and just gave the ball to Duncan. Thats why I laughed when he said he left it all on the table... He did that for one quarter and sand bagged it for the other three

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Really enjoyed the game. Don't really care all that much for either team I guess, but I kinda see the Spurs winning game 7. Texas represent. :) It's been alternating Spurs-Heat-Spurs-Heat-Spurs-Heat... and it's at home, so Spurs have a pretty good chance of winning I suppose.

Bosh + Allen to force OT wowow

Edit: wut i thought it was at SA oops nvm then

Really enjoyed the game. Don't really care all that much for either team I guess, but I kinda see the Spurs winning game 7. Texas represent. :) It's been alternating Spurs-Heat-Spurs-Heat-Spurs-Heat... and it's at home, so Spurs have a pretty good chance of winning I suppose.

Bosh + Allen to force OT wowow
The Spurs are not at home. Game 7 is in Miami, and no road team has ever won game 7 of the Finals. It doesn't look good for SA.

Did you even watch the game? He had a great first 10 minutes of the 4th, and overtime. That was it.... Dude completely fell apart in the last two minutes of the 4th, he went something like 1-6 or 1-7 and got completely bailed out by a broken play two possessions in a row. From a neutral stand point you werent frustrated with Lebron almost that entire game?? He was completely passive and whined about literally every foul instead of making the right plays and aggressively attacking the rim. I just look at one of their last possessions he had Parker on him and it looked like he didnt even know what to do... He dribbled at the top for a good 10 seconds, drove into a double and just gave the ball to Duncan. Thats why I laughed when he said he left it all on the table... He did that for one quarter and sand bagged it for the other three
I dislike both teams heavily but I'm rooting for Lebron over Duncan. And yes, the first three quarters were frustrating as hell, but what everyone seems to be forgetting is that that he played the entire second half and OT and had to guard Parker for 90% of the game. I'm not saying he didn't have some very bad moments, but he did what was required to put his team in position to won and they did it as a collective. Remember Kobe played like absolute horse shit the first 3 quarters of game 7 in 2010 and still pulled out the win. I feel like game 6 was Lebron finding himself. I expect an even better performance tomorrow.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Because ESPN "would rather talk about the Heat losing than the Spurs winning", I am being thoroughly entertained by various comments on Facebook attributing the Heat's win to the NBA being "rigged" and David Stern "wanting the Heat [mainly LeBron] to win twice in a row". Rooting for the Spurs btw.
Well, the fact is that Miami is the most popular team by far atm (especially outside the USA) and there has been times (like the Conference Finals vs Boston last year or Miami vs Indiana going to the 7th game) where it was pretty clear that Stern wanted to make the most possible money out of it. Not saying this was true for yesterday's game though, the Spurs threw the game at the end and that's about it.

It was depressing to watch Manu play btw, he played like absolute shit and it really make me wonder why the fuck Popovich didn't sub him out. Like, whenever the Spurs attacked I was thinking "don't give Manu the ball ffs". Rooting for the Spurs and I really hope Duncan isn't exhausted after last game...

"no road team has ever won game 7 of the Finals"

this has no bearing on the outcome of game 7
when you throw in that historical trend along with the crushing blow they just got after having a championship within like 7 seconds of their grasp and considering Duncan and Parker played a bagillion minutes...it seems pretty likely that miami will win

I whole-heartily agree.
you go pc+ more than like anyone ive ever seen

the media will jizz whether the Heat win or lose, winning makes almost everybody with an opinion lay down and die

honestly this series has been a really weird one, other than a big loss of respect for James, it has been a rollercoaster....so many weird runs by both teams in basically all the games

(my opinion for Lebron has permanently changed, I thought he might be edging to the top 5 players ever two rounds ago as a 2% worse Magic Johnson, now I am pretty sure he is not a top 10 all time NBA player as a 5-10% worse Magic Johnson...being big might be too easy, but honestly right now I have to think of someone like Moses Malone as way way better)

when you throw in that historical trend along with the crushing blow they just got after having a championship within like 7 seconds of their grasp and considering Duncan and Parker played a bagillion minutes...it seems pretty likely that miami will win
Parker can afford to play many minutes. He's actually still relatively in his prime. Duncan's is probably the only Spur I would suspect of being tired and even then, I think it's a stretch to say it's the ultimate influence on their fate.

I mean LeBron has played more minutes than probably anybody in the playoffs and is now guarding Parker more and more, grabbing boards, and still trying to post up. If anybody's fatigued, it's him.

you go pc+ more than like anyone ive ever seen
what does this mean?

Parker needs to bring that last 2 minutes level concentration for longer periods next game, him and Manu cannot both be this bad...yesterday Tony Parker killed Tim Duncan's unbelievable performance more than I thought, I had actually never looked at the box score and thought Parker shot more like 40%

the trend is just a trend. lots of things have never happened, until they happen. the players aren't gonna be thinking about that. the trend is a trend because in a 7 game series, home court is decided by record; generally game 7 is played by the better team because they had a better record.

the trend is just a trend. lots of things have never happened, until they happen. the players aren't gonna be thinking about that. the trend is a trend because in a 7 game series, home court is decided by record; generally game 7 is played by the better team because they had a better record.
agree and heat will win me my bucks

the media will jizz whether the Heat win or lose, winning makes almost everybody with an opinion lay down and die

honestly this series has been a really weird one, other than a big loss of respect for James, it has been a rollercoaster....so many weird runs by both teams in basically all the games

(my opinion for Lebron has permanently changed, I thought he might be edging to the top 5 players ever two rounds ago as a 2% worse Magic Johnson, now I am pretty sure he is not a top 10 all time NBA player as a 5-10% worse Magic Johnson...being big might be too easy, but honestly right now I have to think of someone like Moses Malone as way way better)
I'd like to look at your top 10 and we'll start on that.

my top has always been mostly set in stone, MJ>Kareem>Magic>Duncan>Shaq>Bird>Russell>Wilt should be something like what it has always looked like, you can throw whoever you want up after that but Lebron and Kobe belong less than anybody have ever belonged in any conversation

whatever specific statistics say, guys like Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, Dr. J, etc were probably all better than Lebron, an MVP caliber player disappearing in 2/3 finals in a 3 year span is fucking unbelievable...getting the ring is not all that is important, HOW you get it is important

(but all the Lakers fanboys, not in this thread just out there in general, who are like LOL SEE KOBE IS BETTER!!1 are still completely uninformed, those are usaully the same guys who think Kobe is really the #2 player of all time though)

Hakeem finals just shooting
10/22, 10/21, 8/20, 14/20, 12/21, 11/21, 10/25, 13/26, 14/30, 14/30, 15/30 = 131/266

(and against David Robinson Spurs to play into finals, Hakeem threw up 12/24, 18/31, 19/32, 9/24, 19/30, 16/25 lol)

Lebron finals just shooting
9/16, 8/15, 6/14, 3/11, 8/19, 9/15, 11/24, 10/22, 11/23, 10/20, 9/19, 7/16, 7/17, 7/21, 15/25, 8/22, 11/26 = 149/325

which guy has an argument at being a top 10 player? not Lebron James, definitely not Lebron James...being a big man is easier, and it might not make you "more talented", but it is just how things work, these guys played wayyyy better than Lebron

^ Scoring efficiently is very important and stuff, I agree, but LeBron also contributes basically unmatched defense with pretty high assist and rebound rates. Did you see Tony Parker when LeBron was on him? The result was a 6-23 performance and he had to make an absurd stepback three that he makes once out of every forty tries to really contribute at all.

I think most coaches will put up with 11-26 given LeBron's 10 rebounds, 11 assists, 12 free throw attempts and 3 steals (6 turnovers is bad too though!).

I donno, I just think he should be firmly cemented at ninth or so right now, and he's probably staying there unless he dominates another finals a la 2012.

Hakeem was a better defender and as always threw up a crap ton of rebounds

Lebron on Tony Parker has not worked this series, so I think the 6-23 is more of Tony Parker messing up than Lebron doing work

there is no way Lebron James will ever crack my top 12 without putting up 35 ppg in a finals at this point, he choked away 2/3 finals, it is really not excusable...55% regular season 45% in the finals including the GOOD ONE is shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)