Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does fly work with galewing?

does the 2nd turn of fly get prio too?
Yes, I've personally tried it because I thought the 2nd turn wouldn't get priority (thereby allowing it to be invulnerable from anything except opposing priority), but turn 2 does get priority as well.

I went to Pokemon Showdown's stats page and went to the OU stats, and after clicking, another button appeared which said "(1760)". I clicked it and it was more usage stats, and apparently, they're OU stats, but different. (No Lucario user used Lucarionite, for example)

What does "(1760)" mean?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I went to Pokemon Showdown's stats page and went to the OU stats, and after clicking, another button appeared which said "(1760)". I clicked it and it was more usage stats, and apparently, they're OU stats, but different. (No Lucario user used Lucarionite, for example)

What does "(1760)" mean?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-discussion-thread-mk-2.3508502/#post-5501527

Basically they're the statistics for teams that are high up on the ladder. It's usually a better idea to use the 1760 stats instead of the lower stats, since the low ladder is plagued by people who have no idea what they're doing.

Since I can't find it anywhere, what's the "standard" Politoed set? As in, lead for Rain teams, and before you say that Deo-S would be better, it'll be easier to get my hands on something I can actually breed. I just want the set for references sake. And to have my Rain team ^_^

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since I can't find it anywhere, what's the "standard" Politoed set? As in, lead for Rain teams, and before you say that Deo-S would be better, it'll be easier to get my hands on something I can actually breed. I just want the set for references sake. And to have my Rain team ^_^
There's a lot of variation. But the most viable one is max Special Defense, max HP, Scald, Toxic, Hypnosis, and Encore. However, max Physical Defense, with Ice Beam and/or Rest, is also viable.

There's a lot of variation. But the most viable one is max Special Defense, max HP, Scald, Toxic, Hypnosis, and Encore. However, max Physical Defense, with Ice Beam and/or Rest, is also viable.
So something like:
Politoed @ Damp Rock
252HP/252SpecDef/4SpecAtt
Drizzle
Calm Nature
Scald
Toxic
Hypnosis
Encore
Thanks! This'll come in handy! ^_^
Edit: Scratch that, I think Ice Beam would be better. Just personal taste and laziness because Egg moves

Last edited:
So something like:
Politoed @ Damp Rock
252HP/252SpecDef/4SpecAtt
Drizzle
Calm Nature
Scald
Toxic
Hypnosis
Encore
Thanks! This'll come in handy! ^_^
Edit: Scratch that, I think Ice Beam would be better. Just personal taste and laziness because Egg moves
Perish Song is an interesting gimmick if you want to try it.
Also, I like ice beam. And lefties over damp rock unless you're a heavily rain based team since you're only boosting scald anyways.

I'm not sure if I can ask this here or there's a specific thread for this, or I should make one, but I'll ask anyway:
I've been checking the usage stats and trying to see which Pokemon go with which most of the time, and I've come up with three ideas for a team (or teams). I've just gotten the names for the Pokemon and am looking for what roles fit them as I'm not familiar with those, as well as Pokemon that complete the team. Last two Pokemon of each "team" are Pokemon that come together a lot. Here they are:

1) DeoxysD, Bisharp, Aegislash, Landorus, Thundurus, and Keldeo.
2) Gengar, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W, and Landorus-T.
3) Talonflame, Greninja, Excadrill, and Tyranitar.

I do realize that reading usage stats for strategy is not the best of ideas, but they do hold some truth in them.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Completely the wrong place to ask this, but is there a thread up where people can post feedback about the beta XY dex?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1. Do people think rain will still be viable once the Deos are gone? I mean it's pretty inevitable at this point that at least S will go? Rain is my favorite playstyle, and I just hope it remains viable. This may be too much theorymonning for this thread, but does anyone think maybe Klefki could replace Deoxys-S on Rain teams? It has Spikes instead of SR, priority Rain, and priority Twave.

2. Also again, this may not be the right place, but do people know when the tiers will be fixed on the strategy dex? It still maintains all of the XY tiers (aka Bisharp is UU, Jolteon is OU, etc) and says Moltres' Choice Specs moveset is for OU, when it's really for RU. Also, the Greninja moveset is just wrong, and isn't what the moveset is in the Preliminary Pokedex.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I can ask this here or there's a specific thread for this, or I should make one, but I'll ask anyway:
I've been checking the usage stats and trying to see which Pokemon go with which most of the time, and I've come up with three ideas for a team (or teams). I've just gotten the names for the Pokemon and am looking for what roles fit them as I'm not familiar with those, as well as Pokemon that complete the team. Last two Pokemon of each "team" are Pokemon that come together a lot. Here they are:

1) DeoxysD, Bisharp, Aegislash, Landorus, Thundurus, and Keldeo.
2) Gengar, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W, and Landorus-T.
3) Talonflame, Greninja, Excadrill, and Tyranitar.

I do realize that reading usage stats for strategy is not the best of ideas, but they do hold some truth in them.
The question was a bit broad, so I'll try and condense it the best I can.
1) Hazard Setter, Wallbreaker/Physical sweeper, Wallbreaker / Spin blocker, Special Sweeper, Revenge Killer
2) Stallbreaker or special sweeper, mixed wall, bulky attacker, pivot, pivot - Scizor may help to form a VoltTurn core. It may also help to through in an extra wallbreaker or stallbreaker (though I've never used a VoltTurn core, so I can't say for sure).
3) Revenge Killer, Late Game Cleaner, Revenge Killer/Hazard Remover, Hazards or sweeper - Remaining pokes will also depend on Tyranitar's role: if it is a sweeper, you may want a small defensive core using Hippowdon for a balanced approach, otherwise you may want to use some wallbreakers for an HO.

Keep in mind that the roles mentioned are just possible roles; for some of the Pokemon, they can serve different roles using different EV spreads and different moves. The final choice of Pokemon for the second and third team will depend on what roles you assign some of the other Pokemon mentioned.

I'm having a hard time choosing between Mega scizor or no mega but with just choice band. Mega Scizor or Choice band scizor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)