[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Legal doesn't necessarily equate to legit. Also someone has replaced Techno Blast with Iron Head.
I'm fairly certain I have a legit, redistributable, untouched one somewhere in the bank. I'll send it over for free when we trade :)
That'd be awesome. I'd rather not deal in hacked 'mons. Will see what the mods verdict on it is when they respond.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That'd be awesome. I'd rather not deal in hacked 'mons. Will see what the mods verdict on it is when they respond.
I gave you a response via VM so I didn't spam here with posts, but I guess you didn't see it. It's legal, the only other thing I can check is PID.

I gave you a response via VM so I didn't spam here with posts, but I guess you didn't see it. It's legal, the only other thing I can check is PID.
Yeah, I saw. I'm just wondering if the Mods can check it against like caches of Pokecheck.

Or have you done basically what a Mod would do to check it?

Esmeya

Yeah, I saw. I'm just wondering if the Mods can check it against like caches of Pokecheck.

Or have you done basically what a Mod would do to check it?
Doesn't work that way for event 'mons ...

and moderators aren't even the ones who (actively) do that.

I asked for the PID to be checked for that reason, heh.

Edit: Grammar and I'm going to bed, ask someone to check it for you or do it yourself. I suggested asking .com for assistance already.

Doesn't work that way for event 'mons ...

and moderators aren't even the ones who (actively) do that.

I asked for the PID to be checked for that reason, heh.

Edit: Grammar and I'm going to bed, ask someone to check it for you or do it yourself. I suggested asking .com for assistance already.
I'll ask .com then, or maybe he can walk me through what I need to do to check it.

Sorry about all the hassle.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll ask .com then, or maybe he can walk me through what I need to do to check it.

PID: 1BCC0011

Can't say for certain, but given:
It's here, Hasty, and here, Modest (...Modest shiny Genesect...). And in the first team, there's 2 Pokémon with the OT: PPorg, I'd be a little suspicious of it's legitimacy.

Edit: Edited in the quote, just in case there was uncertainty over what this related to.

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's no hassle and thank you. Now I actually go to sleep (again .-. ).

PID: 1BCC0011

Can't say for certain, but given:
It's here, Hasty, and here, Modest (...Modest shiny Genesect...). And in the first team, there's 2 Pokémon with the OT: PPorg, I'd be a little suspicious of it's legitimacy.

Edit: Edited in the quote, just in case there was uncertainty over what this related to.
It's hacked.

Don't think a shiny Genesect can even be modest...
It can't be.

I guess since I don't know about those stupid hack distribution sites, I didn't find the connection there. Unfortunately, the default Genesect that comes from one of the site matches yours.
Not much more can be said about it than what was already said.

Hozu is a butt.

There's no hassle and thank you. Now I actually go to sleep (again .-. ).

It's hacked.

It can't be.

Not much more can be said about it than what was already said.

Hozu is a butt.
Thanks.

Only traded it once, though when I can access my thread again, I'll track down who too.

I'll remove it from my Legendary trade when I can as well.

Language: English
Species: Vaporeon
OT: VGC10
ID No. : 05080
IVs: 3/30/25/17/26/13
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Defense/ 4 Spd.
Ability: Water Absorb
Pokemon' Name: Vaporeon
Level: 53
Pokeball: Cherish :/
Shiny: Yes
Moves: Iron Tail/ Ice Beam/ Scald/ Quick Attack
Nature: Hardy
Region of Origin: Johto Region
Characteristics: Likes To Fight
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Other Comments: This seems somewhat legit other than the Cherish ball and Johto Region factor. Is this legit?

Hi guys! This was a Vaporeon I got on the GTS. I was wondering if it's legit or not, Thanks!

Last edited:
Language: Japan
Species: Scizor
OT: PC
ID No.: 09152
IVs: 31.31.31.03.31.31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Technician
Pokemon's name: Japaneese characters
Level: 100
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: No
Moves: Bullet Punch, Knock Off, Superpower and Bug Bite
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Unova, fateful
Characteristic: Likes to trash about
Other comments (optional): The thing that made me suspect this one was the fact that it had a non-Japan OT. I am pretty sure it's a hack, just looking for confirmation (as due to it being an event it could have had the OT set to that one)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
IVs: None
Other Comments: This seems somewhat legit other than the Cherish ball and Johto Region factor. Is this legit?

Hi guys! This was a Vaporeon I got on the GTS. I was wondering if it's legit or not, Thanks!
Legal.
EVs (optional):
Other comments (optional): The thing that made me suspect this one was the fact that it had a non-Japan OT. I am pretty sure it's a hack, just looking for confirmation (as due to it being an event it could have had the OT set to that one)
Legal. The PC events used the standard English font instead of the Japanese one.

IVs: None

It has IVs, even if they're all 0 it still has them, and at level 53 with known EVs it's pretty easy to figure out what they are.

EVs (optional):
If this is the one I think it is it's from a known hacker, but Pokecheck is down and google doesn't have a cache of the page I need :/
Where did you get it?

It has IVs, even if they're all 0 it still has them, and at level 53 with known EVs it's pretty easy to figure out what they are.

If this is the one I think it is it's from a known hacker, but Pokecheck is down and google doesn't have a cache of the page I need :/
Where did you get it?
fixed in the original post :)

Where did you get it?
I truly don't remember, I probably got it over GTS on my White some time ago.

Edit:
I found one more that I suspect of being a hack:

Species: Latias
OT: Jacob
ID No.: 42133
IVs: 31.02.31.31.31.31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latias
Pokeball: Master
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Draco Meteor, Roost, Defog and Psyshock
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional):

Last edited:
fixed in the original post :)
IVs don't match the characteristic so you made a mistake calcing them, but it's probably the 3/28/23/15/25/12 hack from pokeGTS.

I truly don't remember, I probably got it over GTS on my White some time ago.

Edit:
I found one more that I suspect of being a hack:

Species: Latias
OT: Jacob
ID No.: 42133
IVs: 31.02.31.31.31.31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Levitate
Pokemon's name: Latias
Pokeball: Master
Shiny?: Yes
Moves: Draco Meteor, Roost, Defog and Psyshock
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Other comments (optional):
GTS is notorious for hacks, Scizor is legal for battles and stuff, but I would avoid trading it.
Latias is hacked, illegal nature/IV combo for 3rd gen legends.

IVs don't match the characteristic so you made a mistake calcing them, but it's probably the 3/28/23/15/25/12 hack from pokeGTS.

GTS is notorious for hacks, Scizor is legal for battles and stuff, but I would avoid trading it.
Ye, only planned to use the Scizor for battles anyway. Will have to track down who traded me the Latias then, got it quite reasonly from someone here on Smogon.

I double checked and I entered the last 3 stats wrong, whoops. Fixed once more, plus Agonist said it was Legit...

Language: Japanese
Species: Ho-Oh
OT: けし
ID No.: 43847
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk (I think, I don't have a reset bag, so I can't find out exactly)
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: ホウオウ
Pokeball: Master Ball
Moves: Sacred Fire, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Hyper Beam
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kanto, Fateful Encounter
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Other comments (optional): Pretty sure this is a hack, but it would be nice to get confirmation.
Came from the GTS for some common junk, so I was immediately suspicious.
According to the first post in this thread, a 6IV gen 3 or 4 'mon can't be Jolly, but I'm not sure if that applies to event 'mons, or just the ingame captures.
I think it probably came from a FR or LG cart, since it's from Kanto rather than Johto.
As far as I know, it was only available in gen 3 from the MysticTicket event, but as far as I know, there was never a Ho-Oh event in Japan. (Makes a change, a non-Japan event >:| )

Language: Japanese
Species: Ho-Oh
OT: けし
ID No.: 43847
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk (I think, I don't have a reset bag, so I can't find out exactly)
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: ホウオウ
Pokeball: Master Ball
Moves: Sacred Fire, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Hyper Beam
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Kanto, Fateful Encounter
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Other comments (optional): Pretty sure this is a hack, but it would be nice to get confirmation.
Came from the GTS for some common junk, so I was immediately suspicious.
According to the first post in this thread, a 6IV gen 3 or 4 'mon can't be Jolly, but I'm not sure if that applies to event 'mons, or just the ingame captures.
I think it probably came from a FR or LG cart, since it's from Kanto rather than Johto.
As far as I know, it was only available in gen 3 from the MysticTicket event, but as far as I know, there was never a Ho-Oh event in Japan. (Makes a change, a non-Japan event >:| )
Hacked, the 3rd gen Ticket events were ingame captures. The IV restrictions are different for 3rd gen events that were just given to you (like Wish Chansey), but they couldn't be RNGed or even SRed, so any of those with hex-flawless IVs are pretty obvious hacks regardless of nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)