Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys! Gonna start SRing Hoopa soon, what natures/ Hidden Power should I go for? :)
Thanks!
Nearly anything not defensive will work, though I'm not sure if it particularly cares for a specific Hidden Power type. Most of the common types it has access to in stronger forms if it needs the coverage. (like having access to the elemental punches)

Hey Guys! Gonna start SRing Hoopa soon, what natures/ Hidden Power should I go for? :)
Thanks!
As barricade said, nothing defensive is good (especially anything +defense). You could probably do a mixed nature if you plan on using it for Unbound as 160/170 attack/sp attack and an ok move pool makes it worth it in my opinion. For confined I would say go with timid or modest.

Thanks!
I've been mainly aiming for hasty/quiet since people have done modest/timid/adamant/jolly already

and speaking of hoopa got one that seems to be worth bringing up

got a 31/x(27)/31/31/29/4 quiet hoopa (hp ice) so well keep or toss?

been looking at pokemon with the same/similar base speed(4 iv on hoopa is equivalent to a 72 base speed) and none of them overall seem to run in trick room (normally anyway) which is the only reason I'm actually asking about this one instead of just instantly tossing it.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been mainly aiming for hasty/quiet since people have done modest/timid/adamant/jolly already

been looking at pokemon with the same/similar base speed(4 iv on hoopa is equivalent to a 72 base speed) and none of them overall seem to run in trick room (normally anyway) which is the only reason I'm actually asking about this one instead of just instantly tossing it.
id toss it, i tossed a 31/31/31/31/25/0 quiet one actually

Toss imo.

Interested in two legendary Pokemon. Looking for an UT Adamant Yveltal 31/31/31/xx/31/31 and a UT Timid Genesect 31/xx/31/31/31/31.

I have several legends I can trade like my own Soft Resetted Adamant Shiny Event Rayquaza 31/31/31/xx/29/31

I can also do breeding projects.
Still looking for these

It's not perfect, so toss.

I'm going to SR a Mewtwo in my FR/LG cart so I can have one in 3rd gen (I know I can easily RNG a perfect one in Gen IV). Given that RNG is impractical in those games, Synchronize doesn't work, and I am not guaranteed any IVs of 31 like in 6th gen, just how good of IVs is it practical that I aim for?

The odds of getting one with your target nature and just perfect Speed are 1/25 (nature) * 1/32 (31 Speed IV) = 1/800. I'm not even sure you could ask for that...

Last edited:
I'm going to SR a Mewtwo in my FR/LG cart so I can have one in 3rd gen (I know I can easily RNG a perfect one in Gen IV). Given that RNG is impractical in those games, Synchronize doesn't work, and I am not guaranteed any IVs of 31 like in 6th gen, just how good of IVs is it practical that I aim for?
Why would you bother to SR Mewtwo in gen 3 when you can RNG it there too? Honestly I don't think it's worthwhile at all.

Does anyone have a 5IV landorus that they could clone for me? Just tell me something you want in return. It will need a pentagon.

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
From what I've heard, RNG in FR/LG is impractical without the use of an emulator or save states. Is this not the case?
It is extremely difficult and borderline impractical. Emerald and Ruby / Sapphire can be done because the starting seed is known (if you have a dead battery on R/S), so there is a well mapped timeline of what spreads you can get. That said, it is impossible to get GOOD shiny spreads without an emulator.

FR/LG is basically impossible on cartridge. And I think after the nerf to Selfdestruct, maybe it is better to RNG a Mewtwo on HGSS? Because you can definitely do that on a cartridge :)

It is extremely difficult and borderline impractical. Emerald and Ruby / Sapphire can be done because the starting seed is known (if you have a dead battery on R/S), so there is a well mapped timeline of what spreads you can get. That said, it is impossible to get GOOD shiny spreads without an emulator.

FR/LG is basically impossible on cartridge. And I think after the nerf to Selfdestruct, maybe it is better to RNG a Mewtwo on HGSS? Because you can definitely do that on a cartridge :)
Thanks for your suggestion. I've actually already RNG'd a quint-flawless shiny one on my HG cart, but I'd like to have a good (as close to flawless as I can get - 31 Speed would be nice) Mewtwo in 3rd gen. I don't care about it being shiny. This isn't something that I can feasibly RNG in FR/LG, correct?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Thanks for your suggestion. I've actually already RNG'd a quint-flawless shiny one on my HG cart, but I'd like to have a good (as close to flawless as I can get - 31 Speed would be nice) Mewtwo in 3rd gen. I don't care about it being shiny. This isn't something that I can feasibly RNG in FR/LG, correct?
Not without an emulator unfortunately :( On a retail cart it wouldn't be any easier than just soft-resetting for it. And soft-resetting would be a pain, because of the lack of guaranteed IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)