CAP 21 CAP 21 - 3D Model Render Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Zephias that's a good point about the bottom row pixels shenanigans. It looks better without it I think I'll just crop it off.
Here's the new eyes in motion...

About the bubbles, I think it'll be a shame to cross them out without even trying! I mean, we won't know how strange it'll look until we see it right? :P
How about we give it a try then decide to keep it or not? Some pokemon have extra parts or effects included:
The middle one looks just fine besides what Zephias mentioned, which I think you can manage to touch it up and resolve that issue with the horizontal pupil thing. Though I'll be honest, I didn't even notice it until Zephias mentioned it.

I'm generally very attentive to detail. Normally I'd modify the files myself to see if I managed to fix it but I currently have no PC.

QC and commenting is pretty much all I can do from my cellphone.

I swear it's not nitpicking :U I'm just trying to help.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Crucibelle-Mega Wireframe Final
Unless anyone has anything major they thing needs changing, consider this wireframe done for now, and someone else can now carry one with the rigging. I'm considering doing that myself again.
Screenshots:

Download!

EDIT:
Yeah, I'm doing the rigging again. I've been working on it for the past few days, but being sick's made it hard to focus so sorry about it taking so long.

Last edited:

QxC4eva

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Okay the second eye it is for Crucibelle! I'll think about how to fix it, whether to code something up or just manually edit the GIF.....(more likely the later XD) Also Zephias now I'm kinda see why the animation is jerky. I looked through all the idles again, found only three "jerky" ones:

The other 700 apparently are very smooth and gentle to look at. Snorunt and Rotom formes shake around a bit but they do it constantly (like with Ninjask and Yanma's wings) so they don't count. I think we got too far on Cruci to want to redo parts of animation again, but at least it's something to keep in mind for future CAPs :P

Now onto the mega.....

Mega Crucibelle UVs

UV Map: http://i.imgur.com/OgK5rn3.gif
Seams: http://i.imgur.com/s8cpb2w.gif
Checkers: http://i.imgur.com/hKdDa8x.png

It's ready for texturing :D
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8FAxjo2qD_WTlIb09IUlc3Q0E
Model Sheet: Yilx
Wireframe: DJTHED

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Crucibelle-Mega Rigging WIP
Again, just consider it done if no one has any problems with the rig itself. Sorry it took so long. Being sick brought out the useless lazy person in me. :V

Download

I'll get started on the animation asap.

QxC4eva

Oh that's a nice rig, good luck with the animation! I'll start working on the textures as soon as I finish up a few things for Mollux. :P

p.s. um it says WIP. But you finished and it's ready for QC right?
I just want to make sure so no one gets upset if we start working off it.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Crucibelle-Mega Animation WIP
Was hoping that the textures would at least be ready to be used by the time my WIP on the animation was ready to show off, but oh well. Enjoy looking at a completely white Mega Crucibelle!

So yeah. Crucibelle ain't sitting on its pot. I chose not to because I simply thought it may end up looking strange having it sit on something that in no way in hell would stand up on its own without spinning like it is now. I also decided to just use the more simple hair model I made instead of the fancier pre-posed model that was based off of the official art. I made that model just in case I decided I'd use it but it ended up looking off on a Crucibelle that's just standing idle.

Also, just ignore the graphical glitches with the hair for now. I know why it's happening and I'll fix it later and update the model.

D-d-d-download!

QxC4eva I think I found an export setting that can possibly fix the importing issue with the animation for maya. I exported the animation into three separate .dae files. Let me know which one works, if any at all.

Last edited:

QxC4eva

Oh wow you totally outdid yourself on this one! :D It might look better if he had more "lunge" in the pose than being so upright I think. And I sooo regret not fussing more over the wireframe's curvature, I bet it'll look way better with that fixed. :( Oh well. Time to patch up some things with texturing I guess. Great work, dude!!

Oh for the bubbles, do you think I should make a "fade out" transparency texture like the one on Slugma?

About the dae's, all of them seem to have the same effect. The pelvis joint is bugging out at some frames which is something I have to fix manually. I tried every combination of settings in Blender before and none of them work, that's why we haven't come up with a better solution yet. :P And btw, I always use your Blender file (not the dae's). It's faster for me to import the whole model than trying to merge in a skeleton animation.

Last edited:
You really outdid yourself with the standing Pokeyman and her spinning pot, DJTHED! I don't really have much to say otherwise.

Aah, the bubbles and hair look amazing and everything too! Great job man, that looks fantastic!

One small thing is that the positioning of the pot in relation to Crucibelle is a little strange looking maybe, but that's such a small, negligible nit-pick. All I mean is that, maybe the pot should be spinning a bit closer to Crucibelle, but behind? If that works? Just so that the frame of view is a little narrower, since the pot and body aren't interacting much.

(I feel bad for even writing that much for a tiny criticism when this looks so great already, it's too good to suggest otherwise. Ah, anyway, cool thing looks cool, thanks for working so hard on it.)

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Oh wow you totally outdid yourself on this one! :D It might look better if he had more "lunge" in the pose than being so upright I think. And I sooo regret not fussing more over the wireframe's curvature, I bet it'll look way better with that fixed. :( Oh well. Time to patch up some things with texturing I guess. Great work, dude!!

Oh for the bubbles, do you think I should make a "fade out" transparency texture like the one on Slugma?

Continue fussing about the wireframe then. It's not too late. Don't worry about my feelings or whatever, I'm just in it to make the best possible end product.

And yeah having a "popping" texture would be a nice effect to have. Go for it.

About the dae's, all of them seem to have the same effect. The pelvis joint is bugging out at some frames which is something I have to fix manually. I tried every combination of settings in Blender before and none of them work, that's why we haven't come up with a better solution yet. :P And btw, I always use your Blender file (not the dae's). It's faster for me to import the whole model than trying to merge in a skeleton animation.
D: Well that sucks. Anyway should I just export the .dae's alongside the model from now on so you don't have to do it anymore? Are there any export settings I need to make sure are set before I export it?

QxC4eva

Okay sure :P

Hips don't bend like that!! Quick someone rush him to the Pokemon Center! Can you repaint the skin weight so the hip joint influences right along the crease (without breaking in two) between the leg and tummy? It might also help to internally rotate the leg a bit to make the bad crease less obvious.

More on the animation, I think the pot is spinning a bit too fast for 30 fps. I can kind of make out the individual frames of the rotation. Maybe it's just me though.

Here's the export settings I use. At some point I got fed up at how nothing works so I just set them all back to default. :P
Now here's the funny thing. I still have to open your Blender file anyway to check the timing of the keyframes. To export a dae from there takes me 5 seconds. If you export the model dae for me, those 5 seconds will be added to the download time instead :P So I guess whether you want to do that or not, is up to you!

Crucibelle-Mega Animation WIP
Was hoping that the textures would at least be ready to be used by the time my WIP on the animation was ready to show off, but oh well. Enjoy looking at a completely white Mega Crucibelle!

So yeah. Crucibelle ain't sitting on its pot. I chose not to because I simply thought it may end up looking strange having it sit on something that in no way in hell would stand up on its own without spinning like it is now. I also decided to just use the more simple hair model I made instead of the fancier pre-posed model that was based off of the official art. I made that model just in case I decided I'd use it but it ended up looking off on a Crucibelle that's just standing idle.

Also, just ignore the graphical glitches with the hair for now. I know why it's happening and I'll fix it later and update the model.

D-d-d-download!

QxC4eva I think I found an export setting that can possibly fix the importing issue with the animation for maya. I exported the animation into three separate .dae files. Let me know which one works, if any at all.
WOW JUST WOW I really love that animation!!!! and those bubbles amazing!!!

but maybe the bubbles could pop a bit better. And make the pot spin a bit slower and out of control and thats all really :D

Last edited:

QxC4eva

Okay so I had a go editing the hip joints, but it seems like the problem has something to do with the wireframe as well so I edited that too. The fbx is here. It's is my first time editing someone else's wireframe so I'm not very good at it. :/ A few things went wrong. I deleted the pot's mesh and joint by accident and hit save, so the file has those parts missing. I also fixed the shape of the hips but, afraid I might mess things up, left the geometry flow as it is (which has an awkward edge layout and not enough polys to begin with) so it looks a bit messy right now. It shouldn't be noticeable in the render I think so that's the good news :P

Here's the changes I made for the geometry. I touched up the shoulder region a bit as well.

And here's how the hip bends now:

DJTHED so basically everything in the file is the same except the body mesh. I also moved the shin guards a bit cause the legs got moved back slightly. Let me know if you can import them back to the animation! If not at least we tried... :(

edit- I also tweaked some UVs based on the changes. So for good cause, I did not start the textures yet.

Last edited:

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Looks good! And it was no problem importing it back into my animation. Buuuuuuut one thing....

D: The legs don't bend properly anymore

EDIT:
Also looks like the hip may have too much influence on changing the shape of the bottom spike.

EDIT 2:

The weights also kinda got fucked up a bit all around, more specifically the hands. I definitely didn't leave it like this. :s

Last edited:

QxC4eva

Also looks like the hip may have too much influence on changing the shape of the bottom spike.
I'm sure if you stuck a spike back there and moved your butt like that, the spike will move
Okay I fixed it XD The leg bending I'm not sure though, I checked the fbx and it's working there so it might be an importing issue. Here's some ways I think we can go from here:
  • Paint back the faulty weights in Blender, or
  • Take the last working version and fix the hips in Blender (if you're unsure how, maybe use what I did for reference), or
  • Revert to the last working version and leave it as it is. In the least, I can try patching up a few things with the texturing or shaders..
Here's the updated file (same link).

I'm sure if you stuck a spike back there and moved your butt like that, the spike will move
Well seeing how Crucibelle is made of mostly goo I don't think basic anatomy necessarily applies here :P.

Seriously though if applying the changes fails I don't think it'd be that big of an issue due to Crucibelle's biology. Yes, in any other creature the hip wouldn't work that way, but I daresay Crucibelle has no hip bone at all and as such hips being anatomically incorrect isn't that big a worry.

QxC4eva

If Crucibelle was nude that'd be fine, but the problem is the swimsuit rock he's wearing. With textures on, you're gona see part of it "smudge" over and that won't look pretty :P If just the slime does that it's okay I guess, but not when the armor does it too! Not to mention it will look more organic as well. Right now he's got the body shape of the men's toilet logo. :)
But honestly I'm just speculating, can't know for sure until we see it. My apologies for holding up textures I'm gonna work on that now brb!

QxC4eva

Mega Crucibelle textures WIP

Front view - http://i.imgur.com/fcaBfVn.gif
Back view - http://i.imgur.com/H6tEHMK.gif

The texture shapes blocked out without any patterns yet. Placement isn't final as I don't know which UV map we're gonna use (I used the latest version with the new hips). And there's some animation bugs I didn't fix cause it's only a draft.

DJTHED I think it'll look more like the main art if the hat is slightly bigger and placed lower down the head, the head looking down a bit more, and if you use the other hair mesh instead of this one I liked the other hair more ._.

I won't comment too much on the animation since it's a draft and I usually focus on small quality details.

I just want to say that the Mega Crucibelle textures look amazing and the I love them. 10/10 would main.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Crucibelle-Mega Wireframe Update
Alright, so with the ton of issues that came from importing your version of the revised wireframe, I decided to not use that, but instead update my own wireframe to look like yours, and then clean it up afterwards.

So yeah, most of what I modified is shown in the image (and I also redid the vertex weights in that area too). I touched up on a few more things like the shoulders and its butt :V
Not sure if the textures need to be redone.

And with that, I also have:

Crucibelle-Mega Animation Final

As usual, unless if there's still anything that anyone notices that needs to be changed, then consider this final. Sorry it took a while to publish this. I've been losing focus on Crucibelle and been doing other things with my own projects. Being so involved with two whole models for one project in so many ways is a lot more tiring than I thought. Anyway, I moved the hat down as recommended, as well as making the head look lower to the floor (a bit hard to tell without textures, though). I also slowed down the pot a bit (2 full rotations per loop instead of 3).

QxC4eva When you start working on the final render, feel free to move the pot around if you feel it may be too far or too close to Crucibelle. Also if you feel that the other hair mesh would work better, by all means I think you should give it a try. I don't know how to make it look good while in motion myself, so if you want you can tackle that.

Download

Last edited:

QxC4eva

That looks good! Still a bit of smudge going on but I managed to cover up with textures.
And sorry I made a mess of the editing >_< ...on the bright side, at least you learn about how the hip and butt moves! Just watch more R rated stuff and you'll be good at this in no time :DDD

Mega Crucibelle Textures Final

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8FAxjo2qD_c2ZLLU1ENjFTSUU
Model sheet - Yilx
Wireframe - DJTHED
UV Mapping - QxC4eva
Rigging - DJTHED
Animation - DJTHED
Texturing - QxC4eva

Mega Crucibelle Render WIP
working on it D:

QxC4eva

Mega Crucibelle Render WIP

Sorry for being so slow. School is about to take over my life!

Changelog:
  • made the head a bit smaller :P
  • darkened the colors and reduced the contrast a bit
  • used a point light ("point lamp") instead of a directional light ("sun lamp") for anatomy reasons - a point source will cast nicer shades below the neck, chest and hips... while uni-directional shades the body like a cylinder
  • removed the crease line from the pot crack (1)
  • fixed the broken crease line on the hat (2)
  • fixed the crease bug at the back hair (3)

I still have to...
  • remove the extra creases from the front hair (4)
  • tidy up pixels around the eye and mouth
  • increase the saturation of the texture lines, and make them thinner
  • fix the "extra" rotation on the pot animation
  • make the bubble fade effect more noticeable
  • maybe edit the bubble animation so it expands a bit before popping (will look into that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)