The Workshop

Requester: Stevan's Sceptile
For: Ubers Teambuilding Competition
Art Direction: I would really like to have a good banner for the competition please (I'm sorry if this is too much to ask). When I think of teambuilding, I imagine like 4-5 pokeballs moving in a straight line on a conveyor belt, and a mechanical hand picking up one of those pokeballs. Behind it would be a slot to keep that pokeball and on top of it would be a screen displaying the picture of the pokemon, along with the name, type and base stats (mostly primal groudon since it totally dominates the tier). A trainer will be controlling the mechanical hand. I've made a not-so-great schematic diagram (yes I failed in art) using paint for the same. You can click here to take a look at it. I mean that's just how I picture it. If you have any ideas to make it better then do go for it.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Requester: eternally
For: NU Victim Of The Week
Art Direction: I dont have anything particular in mind, would love to have Rhydon, Sceptile, and Sawk in the banner.

thank you!

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Requester: Luigi and Isa
For: Smogon Snake Draft (official trophy tour that will get a lot of social media exposure)
Art direction: we need a banner for the whole tournament, something similar to spl and wcop though the theme should be snake related.

I was thinking the name of the tour being either made of snake pokemon or being held up by snake pokemon, specifically 1 or 2 of arbok, snivy, dunsparce (lol) or steelix, since the following mons will be team mascots and thus unavailable: ekans, serperior, rayquaza, tapu fini, seviper, dragonair, gyarados, milotic, zygarde and giratina.

Also important: the signups will be posted around the 10th of august most likely so we need the banner done by then

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Requester: Jirachee and two-time Smogon Tour champion BKC AKA autumn leaves
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo
Art Direction: Our team is called the Ambrette Astrotias and our mascot is Milotic, so we'd like to have both of them on the primary logo. Because Milotic is a sea snake, we'd like to celebrate that and include a few sea themed elements in the logo. Something that'd look great in my opinion would be a shield-like logo (like professional soccer team logos.) If possible, it'd be great to have both a main logo and some artwork to add to signatures, it's fun to show team pride that way!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Requesters: Hogg & Christo
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Victory Road Rattlers

Art Direction: Our team mascot is Ekans, and we would like our logo to prominently feature Ekans and to be in the general style of a baseball or basketball team logo. I've sketched up a sample logo based on some old baseball team logos I've googled, but if you have another direction that you think would be better, we're open to that as well as long as it meets the same feel. Possibly add on Ekans biting a pokeball if it can be added without making the image look too crowded (not essential but could be a nice extra element).

Here are some other snake logos I found while googling that could be interesting jumping off points if the above style doesn't work:

Orlando Vipers: http://t3.rbxcdn.com/8b527ab35aaf8d7c76358bbc33830dce
Oakville Venom: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ed/ae/62/edae62c9a2027d4602bb13db854b2574.png
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...dd39407818e61e--mascot-design-logo-design.jpg

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Requesters: Zebraiken & d0nut
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Lake of Rage Leviathans (Gyarados)

Art Direction: Shiny Gyarados (regular, not mega) is our mascot. As such, we'd like red to be a primary color of the logo, but otherwise feel free to take liberties. We're fond of SPL-style vector logos, but also understand that it's pretty tough to design and create good-looking vector art, so we aren't adamant about it. Preferably, the logo would prominently feature Gyarados's head, since we think it's the most distinctive feature of Gyarados. We're also open to other ideas or directions if you dream up a good one!

Requester: Drew
For: You're Not My Type LC Tour
Art Direction: Probably a panel of judges (just random LC mons) turning away a Pokemon or 2 of the same type OR a Pokemon of 1 type turning away a Pokemon of another type as if they're shoving off a flirt (maybe Torchic turning away Croagunk?)

Last edited:
Requesters: Ciele and Funkasaurus
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Goldenrod Gliders (Rayquaza)

Art Direction: As the team name suggests, we would like something involving Rayquaza flying (Gliding) around or above Goldenrod City, perhaps with the Radio Tower being a secondary focal point after Rayquaza. Talented artist Funkasaurus has offered this as a reference point. Incorporating some kind of gold colouring in the logo would also be nice since it is Goldenrod after all.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Luigi and Isa
For: Smogon Snake Draft (official trophy tour that will get a lot of social media exposure)
Art direction: we need a banner for the whole tournament, something similar to spl and wcop though the theme should be snake related.

I was thinking the name of the tour being either made of snake pokemon or being held up by snake pokemon, specifically 1 or 2 of arbok, snivy, dunsparce (lol) or steelix, since the following mons will be team mascots and thus unavailable: ekans, serperior, rayquaza, tapu fini, seviper, dragonair, gyarados, milotic, zygarde and giratina.

Also important: the signups will be posted around the 10th of august most likely so we need the banner done by then

And an earlier version with more intense colors. Exists 4x times larger versions of both.

Thinking this one over reminded me of my old take on it, and after seeing Snorlax in the viability rankings, I went with this approach

Just something quick before ending the day, lemme know if I should continue with it or take the approach you mentioned.
I will finish this

swear on me mum

Requester: ict and Poek
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Pacifidlog Pitviper (Seviper)

Art Direction: We had the idea that we would want a Seviper wrapped around a wood bridge as it fits the theme of Pacifidlog Town which consists of wooden houses connected by wooden bridges over a sea. Thats the next point we would want to mention that we would like to have it surrounded by a blue background so it looks like water kinda.

Pic for reference:

We would want Seviper to have a similiar face expression to this if possible:

Requester: Jirachee and two-time Smogon Tour champion BKC AKA autumn leaves
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo
Art Direction: Our team is called the Ambrette Astrotias and our mascot is Milotic, so we'd like to have both of them on the primary logo. Because Milotic is a sea snake, we'd like to celebrate that and include a few sea themed elements in the logo. Something that'd look great in my opinion would be a shield-like logo (like professional soccer team logos.) If possible, it'd be great to have both a main logo and some artwork to add to signatures, it's fun to show team pride that way!
I'll do this!

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Requesters: CrashinBoomBang & KratosMana
For: Smogon Snake Draft team Logo - Terminus Taipans (Zygarde)

Okay, we back now that I'm not insane anymore! We've decided to change everything and have it not look awkward, plus have 50% Zygarde be the focus of the picture instead of Big Boss. What we'd like to see is a big ass Zygarde 50% in the middle of the picture with the name "Terminus Taipans" underneath. No more of the stupid statue thing either, just make it a Zygarde in the flesh please! However, we'd also like for the other 2 Zygarde formes to be represented in the logo; while the main Zygarde should be reasonably large, we'd like to see Zygarde 10% and 100% to the left and right of 50% Zygarde, but instead of being fully visible like the middle Zygarde we'd like for them to be less visible and more "in the dark"/have them have somewhat of a Silhouette-ish feel but with glaring eyes. Something along the lines of this:

(Text should probably be quite a bit bigger than that; We'd like for the text to be given a cave-y statue-y feel to represent the whole Terminus Cave theme. Also the Zygarde should look something like that, don't feel that having the whole beast on there is necessary. Also probably a good idea to move the heads down a little and maybe make them a little bit larger in relation to the main Zygarde. And obviously "connect" them to the main one, this is supposed to be a logo after all and not a landscape)

Can give more information is something is unclear, so feel free to ask! Can also give further specifications regarding size if needed. A lot more confident about this than the hogwash I wrote last weekend, thanks in advance!

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Solerme
For: BSPL Team Logo
Art Direction: I'm the manager of one of the teams that will play the battle spot premier league, the Anistar Farseers, and we don't have a logo yet. Do you think it's possible to make a simple one for my team? I'd like to use to use Espeon as the mascotte
I'll consider taking this. Is there any specific deadline I ought to be aware of though? I'm somewhat backed up at the moment and may not be able to get to it immediately.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: MeButYou82
Tournament Name: Draft Cup
Projected Deadline (Sign-Up thread goes live): Signups go up on August 4th at the earliest.
Art Direction: Abra sitting inside a typical golden trophy, with the words "Draft Cup" somewhere, perhaps on the base of the trophy. If you'd rather do something else or have another idea, anything involving top tier LC Pokemon and a trophy is great too!

Requester: me
For: STABmons tournament
Art Direction: i'm not fussy, but preferably some prominent threats in STABmons, like Rotom-W, Mega-Venusaur, Silvally,, here is the vr for reference

Requester: ict and Poek
For: Smogon Snake Draft team logo - Pacifidlog Pitviper (Seviper)

Art Direction: We had the idea that we would want a Seviper wrapped around a wood bridge as it fits the theme of Pacifidlog Town which consists of wooden houses connected by wooden bridges over a sea. Thats the next point we would want to mention that we would like to have it surrounded by a blue background so it looks like water kinda.

Pic for reference:

We would want Seviper to have a similiar face expression to this if possible:
Is the request taken? I would like to do it

Edit: Done

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)