CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
There's going to be a ten percent floor on this thing too. That means Fighting, Normal, Grass and Fire will move on currently.

Blech... Ghost/Grass and Ghost/Fire are so blah. They do nothing for each other. And as much fun (hah) as a Will-o-Wisp is, isn't Rotom an Electrical version?

In otherwords, Normal and Fighting need to band together to stop this bleh types from winning. So, who wants to vote for what next poll? I'm definitely willing to switch to /Fight.
Heh, I kind of have to agree here, although I did choose Ghost/Grass. Maybe the grass typing should be saved for the next pokemon (which will definitely be Grass/Fire!).

That's not to say a Grass/Ghost wouldn't work, though. It's probably as "blah" as Grass/Psychic, but we're so used to that typing we don't realize it anymore. Anyways, I had an idea of a Technician Razor Leaf/Shadow Punch physical sweeper for this typing, which is pretty unique if you ask me, utilizing two otherwise useless moves and making them powerful.

ghost/steel and we could just give it some ground type heatproof so people would stop bitching about levitate because they can't get off their lazy asses and modify their team to counter it.

I'm of the opinion that the pokemon we make should at the very least be "good" in OU. I don't see any problems if it's not too powerful for UU (like Tentacruel), but only a few pokemon fit in this group and I want to see something that will really make the metagame more interesting, not some pokemon that's somewhat interesting but will hardly ever see use in standard play.

There are plenty of Pokemon that still could viably counter it. Pretty much anything part-flying that has access to a flying-attack would spell a lot of problems for it. The biggest selling point here would be the ability to shut down Heracross and serve as a "bulky ground" against Tyranitar while still having the ability to really hurt Blissey and Cresselia. Beyond that, everything you named depends solely on its statistics.

Togekiss (Air Slash), Staraptor (Brave Bird), Gliscor (Aerial Ace), Medicham (Psycho Cut), Gallade (Psycho Cut), Gyarados (Typing), Zapdos (Typing / Drill Peck), Dugtrio (Revenge / Aerial Ace) ... there are a lot of things that could viably stop this. The point is, this would serve as a reliable Heracross counter. Currently, we only have three Pokemon that can even dream of doing so -- Gliscor, Weezing, and Dusknoir. Only one of those can also block Rapid Spin. So, that puts Ghost / Fighting with Dusknoir. Now, add in the ability to resist Stone Edge and be neutral to Crunch, and you have what separates it -- the ability to work against Tyranitar.
Many of the pokemon you mentioned might not be able to switch in safely (after all, a ghost/fighter can hit ALL of them at least neutral). Of course, we don't even have our prospective pokemon's stats or movepool decided yet so it's impossible to really say at this point. With such a good typing I have a hard time seeing it as an all-around pokemon, for balance reasons. The spread I had in mind for a Banette evo was something that was really offense-heavy with some defenses and speed, which would probably work out (it could still counter Hera effectively courtesy of it's great resistances), though of course it could be tailored a little to be decent at a variety of tasks. Though, it'd have to be pretty bulky to be a TTar counter. Rock resist is good but if it's neutral STAB Crunch will tear through many things that aren't of Hippowdon-level durability.

ummm if it was going to be ghost/fire and japanese by nintendo customs of their pokemon and their standards. It could prolly be like an Oni mask as it's base form and it would evolve.

Please add grass/fire to the next poll. Apparently, from what I've read, Steel was the most popular type, but Syclant won, so you could do the same thing for Fire/Grass (please)!

I love how all of you are trying to subvert the poll process that is the basis of the Create a Pokemon". This poll hasn't even been open for 24 hours, geeze.

i like how everyone is arguing about what a ghost fire will look like.
just do what nintendo does.
Step 1- pick an animal
Step 2- set it on fire
and your done.
simple.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
i like how everyone is arguing about what a ghost fire will look like.
just do what nintendo does.
Step 1- pick an animal
Step 2- set it on fire
and your done.
simple.
except in step one we substitute a Ghost for an animal. XD

What I would really like to see is a Ghost / Normal who's only workable moves were it's STABs and Cross Chop. Then we could ahve a set like

-Stat up
-Shadow Claw
-Return
-Cross Chop

Then we could have an anti-itself set, because it walls itself

Then we have an Anti-anti-itself set with

-Mean Look
-Toxic
-filler
-filler

:D

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's going to be a ten percent floor on this thing too. That means Fighting, Normal, Grass and Fire will move on currently.

Blech... Ghost/Grass and Ghost/Fire are so blah. They do nothing for each other. And as much fun (hah) as a Will-o-Wisp is, isn't Rotom an Electrical version?

In otherwords, Normal and Fighting need to band together to stop this bleh types from winning. So, who wants to vote for what next poll? I'm definitely willing to switch to /Fight.
Amen to this. I really don't see the purpose of Grass or Fire dual typed with Ghost. I suppose Fire would be cool STAB, but that's about it. Normal / Fighting with Ghost would be a lot more fun to work with in my opinion.

I may like Ghost / Grass... but Ghost / Fire is winning, so I might as well chip in a few ideas.

We really should look up typical ghost stories and then build the pokemon from there. We've already picked a primary Ghost pokemon, so it makes sense. I'm thinking of like Scarecrows, Jack-o-Lanturns (Which would easily be both ghost / fire or ghost / grass :-p ), Lord of the Rings Ring-Wraiths / Nazgul, Dementors, Ghost Hitchhikers and so forth.

There's a lot of untapped potential for a Ghost pokemon, and we can really go for a Western Legend / Urban Myths instead of some sort of Japanese Reference for once.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think gods, legends, mythology, fairies, and other make-believe-like characters and concepts could work for Ghost. It doesn't just have to be dead spirits.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if anyone has already pointed it out for you, but Ghost nullifies Grass weaknesses to Bug and Poison, while Grass gives to Ghost Water, Electric, Grass and Ground (this thing won't get Levitate anyway), and more importantly... Leech Seed. Will-O-Wisp + Leech Seed + Ghost immunities + Grass resistances = Jumpluff on steroids.

And why the hell is Ghost/Fire winning, seriously. Psychic and Grass are so much cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)