NOC eli loves matrices game thread [Game Over, Town Win!]

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
dont feel great that the caff wagon's structure (the tbz/realiti/m24 3) have mostly been in and out w.r.t. actually posting but that might just be me.

Anyway, no links bc we're flying by the seat of our pants here. But.

some other thoughts i had but haven't outed bc needed time to sit with them:
i think the surge in activity from this afternoon probably warrants some active evaluation around Cel/Vizh/Caff if anyone is dissatisfied with sending OM over.

more miscellany:
Yeah I genuinely agree with Psy in terms of like: he’s very clearly stated the reasons he wants to vote me? I think the reasons are bad but he’s been consistent with them imo.
remembered disliking this, felt inconsistent with the mischaracterization from Vizh on Psy's read earlier. like, psy's problem w Vizh was pretty directly the amt of hedging coming from the slot (which i think is a well-formed read) and Vizh's response here is just not a great framing of it
Psy I feel like your read on me is almost entirely based on me just… not being as chronically online this D1. Which is fine, I just think it’s dumb. It was literally Mother’s Day yesterday so duh I spent the entire day with my mom without really being on as much. I pointed this out before (it was Mother’s Day so I will be less active) but you just kinda skipped over it and continue to push me for the exact same reason.
which like, happens, people misunderstand things/walk away with different ideas/blah blah but i think for psy to have called attn to that misframing & then for Vizh to land back in the territory of "oh yeah Psy has good reasons on me" is kind of ??? for me

also:
I'm NGL ik that double / triple / quadruple / quintuple posting is like how you play mafia because it more obviously organises separate thoughts than paragraphing, especially early on

But Psy is actually just extending the same thought over 3 posts and I feel like it's just to shore up the optics of his "I got us out of RVS and I am town core leader who is immune to being voted" narrative
idk if this from Cel is suggestive of one alignment or the other necessarily but i v much dislike the approach that like.... rambling can't come from town. This is fundamentally a read based on formatting, w/o much that materially ties that back to concretely non-villager motivations. Like, some people just think in a more off-the-cuff/stream-of-conscious kind of way, and it can show in a forum context as them just sort of posting for the sake of inflating postcount, but I don't know what actual content from Psy substantiates that to say it's being done for optics here.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
Day 1.8 Votecount

CaffeineBoost (5) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti, M24, Aura Guardian, Celever
OM (4) - Schiavetto, Psypsypsypsypsythe, CaffeineBoost, Lady Salamence
Laurel (1) - Laurel

Not Voting (3) : HydrogenHydreigon, OM, Vizh

Deadline is in 5 mins.

Vote OM

Bad wagons, if I have to pick one, I think OM is less active and generally harder to get a read on. Caff is still null to me and I don’t really understand most of the “pings”. Plus what LS pointed out about the wagon structure.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
Day 1.8 Votecount

CaffeineBoost (5) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti, M24, Aura Guardian, Celever
OM (5) - Schiavetto, Psypsypsypsypsythe, CaffeineBoost, Lady Salamence, Vizh
Laurel (1) - Laurel

Not Voting (2) : HydrogenHydreigon, OM

Deadline is in 3 mins.

Celever

i am town
CaffeineBoost (4) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti, M24, Aura Guardian
OM (4) - Schiavetto, Psypsypsypsypsythe, CaffeineBoost, Lady Salamence

So here's the breakdown of the dynamics here.

TBZ and realiti are very early votes on Caff. Not really based on that much. TBZ re-enters the thread stating he might leave the wagon but he still thinks Caff is maf. That's a weird dynamic to have there and to me generates a fair amount of scumbud potential, as though TBZ tried to do an early bus for vca and then realised the standing of things rn. realiti is just not here which is annoying.

M24 I think had a good showing today. Genuinely townlean them a little, and I think a town!M24 Caff scumlean is rational based on what happened in the thread while they were here. Recency bias being involved a little in the read is sometimes natural for town. Also not here at deadline, also quite annoying.

AG is a townlean at this point also, and I think there was believable progression wrt Caff. Like not that detailed, but believable.

At worst I think if Caff is wrong, the probability is that 3 town are wrong.

OTOH OM's case really is just hardcore meta which not only tempers the amount of information provided from flip, but gives the players on the vote a pretty easy get out of jail free card. Schia I do think is most likely town, but the case on OM doesn't actually provide much insight into their perspective and so their being town is a little more irrelevant. I think the other votes are largely bandwagons and it is extremely follow the leader. If any of these 3 are maf, which I think in this lineup there is a decent shot at it, voting OM because Schia got it wrong in order to put the blame on Schia later is like exactly what I would do if I were maf too.

Caff's wagon is jank as fuck but it's still a little more organic and most probably town-led, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)