Announcements (Well #86: UT) All Too Well (10 Minute Version)(Taylor's Version)(From The Vault)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UT

No, I’m not coming to my senses
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
do you cook?
Yes but not often; my wife is both a much better cook and enjoys it much more, so I cook very rarely.
favorite meal you cooked in 2023
The one thing I do make really well is a lemon basil mustard chicken that goes amazingly over rice. I don’t photograph it usually cause it’s not pretty but it’s delicious and makes a ton and is our go-to meal train meal.
thoughts on Talonflame in the meta rn
Which meta, AAA? It sucks and that’s sad but no reason to pretend otherwise. The offensive power level is just too high.
meow :3 ?
I don’t understand the question.
what are your thoughts on the original version of picture to burn (this is the only thing i know about taylor swift sorry)
Ah, Picture To Burn (Homophobic Version). She did a much better job covering up the change than the slut shaming line in Better Than Revenge, the song still flows nicely without it. I don’t think I’ve ever actually heard the original, so that may be part of it.
when will /randrex be made public
Public on PS!? Probably never for spam reasons. Public on discord? Any discord owner can invite Chatot and set the permissions however they want, so but your favorite discord owner.
thoughts on pineapple pizza?
I am not a big pineapple guy in general, so not my thing.

UT

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
you're only 29 but I just read one of your posts and it gave extreme divorced dad energy so I get why you feel so old on this website. thankfully my posting age is 10 years younger than my actual
I am very happily married, but have been practicing dad jokes for a long time; if they didn’t work, they’d be called bachelor jokes.

What's your favourite randrex?
Pancakes, French Toast, or Waffles? What fruit do you put on it?
What is the strangest or most interesting piece of decor in your home?

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
What's your favourite randrex?
1704884856592.jpeg

Probably this one; the hope in his eyes as he’s asking for play just kills me.
Pancakes, French Toast, or Waffles? What fruit do you put on it?
Usually waffles but there’s a time and place for all of them. Honestly I usually eat them plain, with a little bit of butter.
What is the strangest or most interesting piece of decor in your home?
We have some slices of amethyst up on the wall in our dinning room. They have a really nice color / depth and really anchor the room.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
1.Will Rex have a Cat?
2.Will you have another regional bird after Fletchling and Tailow?
2.b. When will Fletchling and Tailow evolve? When do you consider that, especially since one is a 3-line stage, while Tailow is just 2.
3.What drives you to keep on pushing on Smogon?
4.Favorite OM?
5.Favorite unexpectedly strong Pokemon due to OM rules that isnt too good in standard rules?
6.Aside from Taylor Swift, do you listen to other artists? (AKA the 12%?)
7.Do you play other games?
Thank you in advance :blobnom:

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
1.Will Rex have a Cat?
Probably not, wife is very allergic to cats to that would be a hard sell.
2.Will you have another regional bird after Fletchling and Tailow?
That is a complicated question; I think in a vacuum we do want another bird-I mean kid, but both pregancies were complicated and hard on my wife. We're still only a few months past the last one, so I don't think we know yet, and maybe in a few months we will decide two kids is plenty anyway but...yeah it's complicated. Anyways, if we do have a third kid they'll be Starly.
2.b. When will Fletchling and Tailow evolve? When do you consider that, especially since one is a 3-line stage, while Tailow is just 2.
They will always be Fletchling / Taillow; my dad still calls my wife and I kids even though we have two kids of our own, so the precedent is there.
3.What drives you to keep on pushing on Smogon?
I don't consider myself pushing, I am just here doing what I enjoy, which is largely hanging out on PS!, writing analyses and helping other people write, and shitposting in staff channels that I am allowed in for some reason. Appeals are kinda the one "not fun" thing I still do, but I have stepped back from most other areas I don't actively enjoy like tiering. But yeah, friends and writing are both fun so I'm here for that.
4.Favorite OM?
In general, Almost Any Ability. I also have a soft spot for SS Godly Gift, since it's what got me to create my forum account, but Talonflame was never really viable there so AAA is better.
5.Favorite unexpectedly strong Pokemon due to OM rules that isnt too good in standard rules?
The classic answer is Aerilate Noivern in AAA; fast STAB Boomburst is just consistently overbearing and gets banned again and again. Some other funny examples are SS Godly Gift Pikachu (Light Ball + FakeSpeed + 150+ Attack), SS AAA Talonflame (no really it was A ranked for MGLO shenanigins), and Dhelmise (Grassy Surge in AAA, fast Speed stat in Godly Gift).
6.Aside from Taylor Swift, do you listen to other artists? (AKA the 12%?)
I legitimately don't know where the other 12% comes from. A little of it is Jimmy Buffet's Far Side of the World, because that's my dad's favorite song and therefor Fletchling's favorite song, but other than that I don't listen to much music.
7.Do you play other games?
Video games not anymore, but we are a big board game family. Wingspan is my favorite board game and I highly recommend it!
Thank you in advance :blobnom:
No u

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
Ren
Love Story
You Belong With Me
You All Over Me
Mr. Perfectly Fine
Fearless
Fifteen
White Horse
Jump Then Fall
Forever and Always
Forever Always Piano Version
Breathe
Thats When
Don't You
Bye Bye Baby
The Other Side Of The Door
Hey Stephen
The Way I Loved You
Untouchable
The Best Day
Change
Come In With The Rain
Today Was A Fairytale
We Were Happy
Tell Me Why
You're Not Sorry
Superstar

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
Ren
Mine
Long Live
Ours
I can See You
Sparks Fly
Foolish One
Enchanted
Speak Now
The Story Of Us
Better Than Revenge
Back To December
When Emma Falls In Love
Dear John
Castles Crumbling
Mean
Haunted
Timeless
Never Grow Up
Last Kiss
Electric Touch
Superman
Innocent

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
1. Is there any Pokemon move, ability, or item you find notably cool or interesting?
2. What is your favorite work of fiction (or work of fiction you are enjoying now)?
3. If Talonflame was unnerfed in Generation 9, how good would it be?

4. Are you UnTiered?
5. Choose one theme: Red/Fire, Blue/Water, Green/Wood, White/Light, or Black/Dark.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
What is the next vacation you'd like to take with your family?

if you could break one rule on this website for the hood of humanity, what would you do? (Necrobumping 15 year old threads do not count)

How often do you think about not winning your fantasy championship?

If you could go back in time and declare Larry and I participant managers in the prestigious OMPL, would you? Isaiah

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
1. Is there any Pokemon move, ability, or item you find notably cool or interesting?
Well I used to think Gale Wings was really cool……….

As a former AAA TL, I really am interested in abilities and their quirks; some of the funniest ones to me are Water Bubble’s in-game entry not mentioning doubling the power of Water moves and how inconsistent Sheer Force is (it used to work on Jet Punch, and it works on Spirit Shackle but not Thousand Waves despite them having the same effect).
2. What is your favorite work of fiction (or work of fiction you are enjoying now)?
That’s hard cause it’s such a broad question; I really love a lot of the new Star Wars shows (especially Andor, and my dog is literally named for a The Clone Wars character), a lot of sci-fi books like A Memory Called Empire, Ancillary Justice, Old Man’s War, and The Ninefox Gambit, and then of course The Lord Of The Rings exists (both the book and movies, but NOT rings of power that’s bad fan fiction). It would be hard to pick any one of those as favorite.
3. If Talonflame was unnerfed in Generation 9, how good would it be?
I don’t play standards enough to know where it would land. It would still have the strongest priority move to my understanding, and of course Heavy-Duty Boots are a godsend to it, and Swords Dance Tera Flying Brave Bird would do numbers. But I don’t know how well it would function in OU / what the meta looks like for it.

I also would be interested in seeing Magic Guard Life Orb Talonflame (its best AAA set) freed in OU; Brave Bird is the same power as Weavile’s Knock Off, it has setup, wisp, pivoting, recovery, and 48 attacking PP into 8 recovery PP. I think it would be really funny at outlasting and wearing down everything, but alas…
4. Are you UnTiered?
In the sense I don’t play standard tiers, yeah I guess I am.
5. Choose one theme: Red/Fire, Blue/Water, Green/Wood, White/Light, or Black/Dark.
Green/Wood

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
where were you on the 6th of January 2021
I was at my kitchen table, glued to the broadcast of the insurrection, horrified and in disbelief at what was happening. I was nominally working but lol.
If given the chance, which pokemon would you suplex?
Rotom-Wash. I hate that flying washing machine.

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
What is the next vacation you'd like to take with your family?
That's a complicated question; when Fletchling was about 15 months we took a big family trip to Argentina, and the trip itself was amazing...but the flight almost killed us. And flying with two small kids sounds even worse. So if I could teleport, I'd love to do a big trip like Iceland or South America again, but a roadtrip to Florida seems much safer. So probably the road trip.
if you could break one rule on this website for the hood of humanity, what would you do? (Necrobumping 15 year old threads do not count)
I would unilaterallyabolish Sleep Clause Mod and unnerf Talonflame, of course.
How often do you think about not winning your fantasy championship?
Honestly I hadn't thought of it really since lol. It was a very casual lead, third place is still respectable, and I had the highest score overall so I can easily pretend I won. Fantasy is terrible for my mental health in the moment but seems I can forget about it after at least which means it'll probably happen again next year.
If you could go back in time and declare Larry and I participant managers in the prestigious OMPL, would you?
Honestly yes; I am willing to admit not including y'all was a mistake and y'all would have been better than at least 1-2 of the pairings we did select. If Theia lets me co-host next OMPL with her, I will keep y'all in mind as candidates to manage this year.

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Would you allow your fletchlings to play pokemon games when they grew older?
Who on the Dallas Mavericks would you pick to have to make a 3pt shot with the fate of the universe on the line?
Favorite Food chain (Please don't say whataburger)
Give up smogon (and all related stuff surrounding it) or give up listening to swift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)