Project Prep Showcase

SolarBeam

not on fire (yet)
is a Contributor to Smogon
approved by Nyx
Prep Showcase

The universal Draft experience is coming up with a hyperspecific set that would be unusable nonsense in any other format but hard counters that one threat that you just can't deal with otherwise or threads the needle to somehow sweep the entire opposing team. Everything from Weakness Policy Klefki to Grassy Seed Necrozma to Fling Breloom is possible in the right matchup, and everyone has a story about how they totally outplayed someone with their absurd sets.

This is a place to share your heat. Post your sets, share the context behind them, and possibly link replays where they can be seen in action. Who knows? Your innovations could even be useful to other people facing down similar matchups.

I'll start with a couple examples I've used/encountered:

:bw/regice:
Slippin' Jeffy (Regice) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Explosion
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

This was in a Gen 8 draft league I did a long time ago. Slippin' Jeffy was meant to do exactly two things- use Rain Dance to set up Swift Swim Seismitoad and then explode on whatever it was facing to immediately pivot into it. I had originally drafted Seismitoad primarily for its typing and utility, so I didn't have a real rain setter, but it beat the whole opposing team once it was able to outspeed everything without being Choice locked. Regice was naturally bulky enough to reliably Rain Dance and useless enough afterward that I could afford to use its one form of pivoting- self-destruction. It accomplished both of these things beautifully.

:bw/deoxys-defense:
J-E-N-O-V-A (Deoxys-Defense) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

In the same league, I ended up fighting Scribble in playoffs, which were Bo3 with team swapping allowed between games. Scribble had used a defensive utility Deoxys-D set the game before and hadn't changed his team at all otherwise, so I reasonably assumed that Deoxys was the same as well and moved to take advantage with it with Tapu Lele's Shadow Ball. I was wrong. Scribble had switched to double dance Weakness Policy Deoxys to ambush me, taking little from Lele's Shadow Ball because of Deoxys's natural bulk and boosting with both Agility and Weakness Policy to outspeed and revenge kill it in return. It was probably the funniest way I've lost playoffs.

Post your own interesting sets below!

Scribble

formerly Dartrix - Joker
is a Contributor to Smogon
It seems like my best work always comes vs Sol...

We had to play in Gen 9 DLC1 league a few months ago, and Sol had Tera Ursaluna-Bloodmoon on his team. I realized my counterplay to a Tera Normal set was virtually nonexistent. It could OHKO or 2HKO everything on my team, and I didn't have a strong Fighting-type to pressure it offensively. I had no idea how to tackle this problem. I ran calcs on my entire team, hoping to find an offensive or defensive answer that I missed. Alas, I was unsuccessful with the first 9 Pokemon on my team...but my team had 10 Pokemon on it. And that 10th Pokemon, my token 1 pointer I took as a mascot pick, ended up being the hero I needed. It was none other than the GOAT:

:sm/Dartrix:

Wheeling Corby (Dartrix) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Long Reach
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Haze
- Roost

252+ SpA Tera Normal Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dartrix: 134-158 (37.3 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dartrix: 156-184 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Tera Normal Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dartrix: 208-246 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This Dartrix set stone walled the Bloodmoon in game. They're actually speed tied, so I put in 8 Speed EVs to ensure I was faster, knowing Bloodmoon had no reason for speed investment otherwise. Haze denied a Calm Mind variant from setting up and Knock Off removed its item, making it easier to deal with for the rest of my team. The Bloodmoon ended up being a virtual nonfactor in game due to Dartrix. It even had the side benefit of being a great Gholdengo and Hisuian Electrode counter as well.

The replay is unfortunately lost to time, but take this story as a message to always consider every option you have on your team when trying to find a solution to a problem matchup.

PAWN TAKES THE KING
Context: This is from my DPL s7 Week 1 game versus Royal Conquerers. It was early into the series so getting a good win would put my team, the Hitorinaclis. I was slotted into ORAS and match-up against Sharky King.

Match-up:
1711495605034.png

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Thought process: I needed a good awnser to Jirachi and Dusclops and while Heatran was on the table, it had a bad match-up versus the rest of their team, especially to Blastoise and Hydreigon, so I benched it. Pawniard's Knock Off was primarily the main reason to bring it since removing items from Dusclops, Quilladin, Hydreigon, and Blastoise would be valuable. It has other moves aside from Knock Off that can be useful in a pinch. Sucker Punch deals for good damage against Raikou and Nidoking if it needs damage before fainting. Pursuit can take advantage of Choice Scarf Jirachi and chunk it for good damage, and Swords Dance takes advantage of his bulkier mons like Quilladin and Dusclops for a little boost.

In practice: Pawniard did a bit more than I would have expected. Not only did it manage to grab a KO vs Hydreigon, it removed Chesto Berry from Blastoise and forced it into sleep, effectively putting out of commission for the rest of the game. This was more impactful since it allowed me to pressure them with hazards later on with allowed me to clean up the game with Choice Scarf Terrakion.

Although my team lost the series, that game was highlight for me in terms of how funny the game was and my love for ORAS.

Now the replay is unfortunately gone. But thankfully, King l5 recorded the game live and you can see it in full glory.

:ss/xatu:
Too-Toot (Xatu) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpA / 32 SpD / 4 Spe
Mild Nature
- Heat Wave
- Quick Attack
- Psychic
- Roost

Gen6 draft, second league ever. Opponent was a well0known Galvantula user so I expected the Webs lead. EVs always lives Timid Specs Thunder in case it was that set. Heat Wave into QA will break sash and kill all but the bulkiest Galvantulas (and it won't be if its lead), while Magic Bounce negates any non-attacks it wants to do.

Lead is Xatu vs Galvantula, I live the Thunder, hit the Heat Wave down to sash and then QA for the kill. Worked perfectly and it my favourite example of bizarre sets I've used.

I've had the honor of playing in leagues organized by Scribble and had some enjoyable games. The replays are tragically lost to time, but I've got the teams and a recollection of how the matches unfolded. I'd like to share my favorite pieces of personal prep.

:sm/Goodra:
Goodra
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Life Dew
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Built for Gen 9, meant to serve as an emergency check for Tera Grass Ceruledge (we were playing a Tera Captain format where two possible types were pre-declared after drafting concluded). Scald threatens a super-effective hit pre-Tera and a burn chance on the turn Ceruledge activates Tera; Ice Beam threatens a super-effective hit post-Tera. Toxic was my answer to Swords Dance/Bulk Up set-up, and Life Dew provides enough recovery to let Toxic fully take effect if the game came down to a one-on-one standoff. The Special Attack investment is just enough to ensure Scald and Ice Beam both reliably 3HKO (or better) after Leftovers recovery, and I put the rest into HP for additional bulk. No held item is deliberately chosen to nullify Poltergeist, and Sap Sipper takes Grass Tera Blast off the table.

This set didn't see its intended play as a Ceruledge answer, but still found utility throughout the match sponging hits and spreading status.

:sm/Whimsicott:
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Encore

Built for Gen 8 NatDex. Mostly a very standard set, but I got particular with the EV spread. My opponent's draft was very slow overall, and noticeably lopsided towards physical damage, so I fully invested in Defense for added survivability and making hard-to-break Substitutes. The Speed investment creeps Jolly Heracross by a single point; Heracross threatened both my defensive core (Slowbro + Umbreon) and my strongest special attacker (Mega Latios), so I went for the speed investment necessary to outspeed non-Scarf variants and threaten with Moonblast. If I got outsped by the Heracross, I would then know it wasn't Scarf. Useful knowledge to have.

I was also concerned with another potent threat on my opponent's draft - Mega Tyranitar - so I opted to pick Infiltrator as my ability over Prankster. I was already faster than almost all of my opponent's draft with my Speed investment, and foregoing Prankster would let me get status moves off on the M-Tyranitar without being blocked by Dark type's natural immunity to Prankster priority. This ended up coming into play and I landed an Encore on a greedy Stealth Rock click, which snowballed into a convincing victory.

:sm/Nidoking:
Nidoking (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Built for Gen 8 NatDex. I engineered this lead Nidoking for a very specific matchup. My opponent consistently lead their games with Mega Beedrill, and I planned to exploit that habit. My draft did not have a good answer to being worn down, staring down being outsped and cleaned up by Mega Beedrill and/or Spectrier. I needed a way to reliably remove at least one of those two, and I began working out how to ensure my opponent's win condition couldn't come online.

Shuca Berry and HP investment prevents M-Beedrill's Drill Run from KOing after U-turn damage. Stealth Rock is mandatory to dissuade U-turn spam from M-Beedrill. My expectation was to click rocks on the first turn of the game as my opponent U-turned out, and then ideally bring Nidoking back in later to absorb a Drill Run and KO back with Earthquake. Rock Slide was complimentary coverage, and Sucker Punch was chosen for the fourth moveslot as an answer to Spectrier coming in for a revenge kill after removing M-Beedrill.

My planning played out as expected, and M-Beedrill was removed from the game summarily. That gave me much needed breathing room that game. M-Beedrill was my opponent's most reliable answer that game to a load-bearing Umbreon, who walled Spectrier entirely and was critical for healing off chip damage via Wish passing. My opponent did follow up after M-Beedrill fainted with Spectrier for the revenge kill, but I got too far into my head to click Sucker Punch (fearing Substitute or Will-O-Wisp instead) and got KOd instead. So it goes.

As the best teambuilder to have ever lived, it's hard to pick just a few mons from the several million perfect teams I've built. I'll just get a small sample...

mismagius.gif

Tall Misdreavus (Mismagius) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 116 HP / 168 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Destiny Bond

Ladies and gentlemen, I present: the perfect lead. Icy Wind + Psychic was enough to hit everything except the Gardevoir that I was pretty sure didn't want to deal with Mismagius in the first place pretty hard, Will-O-Wisp would destroy the predictable Palafin lead, and Colbur Berry meant a Jugulis couldn't kill me without dying to Icy Wind. With just enough speed to beat Lando-I and just enough HP to live a Specs Jugulis Hurricane, Mismagius led bravely, scared out the Palafin, predicting a Jugulis U-Turn, getting Glimmora to 5% health, and Destiny Bonded the Jugulis in the span of four turns. This was against that Scribble guy (I won).

fraxure.gif

Split & Splat (Fraxure) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rivalry
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Stomping Tantrum
- Taunt
- Breaking Swipe

I hate Ogerpon-Hearthflame. This was made to beat Ogerpon-Hearthflame. Ogerpon-H is always female, and the guy also had a Mandibuzz, so Rivalry is a pretty safe bet. Poison Jab hits it before it teras, Stomping Tantrum hits it after, Taunt stops the Quagsire the guy usually leads, and Breaking Swipe is, well, Breaking Swipe. Oddly, it ended up working against Mandibuzz, Iron Bundle, and the male Scizor...

torterra.gif

Clickbait (Torterra) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stockpile
- Body Press
- Synthesis
- Heavy Slam

What does your Torterra do, Shell Smash? That's cute. Mine is made to beat Scream Tail without getting revenged by Palafin and Raging Bolt.

breloom.gif

This thing (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 204 HP / 208 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Fling
- Rock Tomb
- Power-Up Punch

Made to outspeed Chandelure after Rock Tomb, and given enough attack to... do something, definitely. While some say this thing "was made back when I didn't know how Technician worked" or "didn't get any kills until playoffs" or "clicked Fling against an Empoleon", it's been the eternal MVP of draft by my account, and numbers don't lie!

banette-mega.gif

King D-Bond (Banette-Mega) (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Calm Mind
- Hex
- Substitute

MEGA BANETTE!

Last edited:
i love the slowpoke line A lot. regenerator is an amazing ability you want to abuse in drafts. Below are 2 slowbro sets im particularly proud of

1. Standard MAX def EVs. 4th move doesn't matter. For context, I am facing a TERA GOUGING FIRE (which is so insane, why do i play natdex?). my entire plan here is to switch in to a dragon dance, take a tera dark crunch or tera bug tera blast +rocks, trick it specs and then click protect next turn. Now, the evil part begins. I have predicted it to carry Crunch/tera blast, ddance, earthquake, and flare blitz. (and it did). so now after clicking protect, i can either switch to flash fire coalossal on my team if flare blitz, physdef wellspring if earthquake, and florges if crunch or tera blast (i outheal it w wish). This almost guaranteed that I did not lose to goug. (and i could repeat by switching into slowbro everytime it came in coz regen) I ended up not having to use it coz they had no specs kyurem switch ins but this would've been slay.

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Protect
- Teleport

2. This one truly shows how good regen is. I will also link a replay. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-2089894029-ag2h0kxjwrl0l7vkosumyxpvm0ruobipw (bonus throat chop flygon to deal with torch song alluring voice skele)

s101 (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 60 HP / 232 Def / 216 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Teleport
- Nasty Plot

For context, they had a mega lopunny and a tera hatterene on their team. (Mega lopunny is so strong). So, this slowbro was built to do 2 things, deal with mega lopunny, and also deal with calm mind hatterene. Defense EV's are to live two +1 returns, and SpA EV's are to kill with psyshock after 1 rocky helmet hit.
Now for the 2nd layer: tera hat is very annoying with calm mind, so now this also carries nasty plot to outset up it, it guaranteed kills non tera +1 hat with my shadow ball+NP (even w draining kiss recovery), and any other tera takes too much from psyshock coz psyshock uses defense for calc, so i always end up winning the setup war.

i ended up using slowbro to deal with both in the real battle too, I could do this because regen is an amazing ability and certainly one you should try drafting in the future.

Last edited:
PAWN TAKES THE KING
Context: This is from my DPL s7 Week 1 game versus Royal Conquerers. It was early into the series so getting a good win would put my team, the Hitorinaclis. I was slotted into ORAS and match-up against Sharky King.

Match-up:
View attachment 619378

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Thought process: I needed a good awnser to Jirachi and Dusclops and while Heatran was on the table, it had a bad match-up versus the rest of their team, especially to Blastoise and Hydreigon, so I benched it. Pawniard's Knock Off was primarily the main reason to bring it since removing items from Dusclops, Quilladin, Hydreigon, and Blastoise would be valuable. It has other moves aside from Knock Off that can be useful in a pinch. Sucker Punch deals for good damage against Raikou and Nidoking if it needs damage before fainting. Pursuit can take advantage of Choice Scarf Jirachi and chunk it for good damage, and Swords Dance takes advantage of his bulkier mons like Quilladin and Dusclops for a little boost.

In practice: Pawniard did a bit more than I would have expected. Not only did it manage to grab a KO vs Hydreigon, it removed Chesto Berry from Blastoise and forced it into sleep, effectively putting out of commission for the rest of the game. This was more impactful since it allowed me to pressure them with hazards later on with allowed me to clean up the game with Choice Scarf Terrakion.

Although my team lost the series, that game was highlight for me in terms of how funny the game was and my love for ORAS.

Now the replay is unfortunately gone. But thankfully, King l5 recorded the game live and you can see it in full glory.
"this is a certified sablo moment" LMAO

olivia

bellibolt saleswoman
is a Pre-Contributor
How do you deal with a draft containing Sun Walking Wake, Tera Ursaluna Bloodmoon, and Tera Annihilape?
Illness, that's how.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you

:bw/metagross:

faceplant (Metagross) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SpA / 56 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
IVs: 27 Spe
- Trick
- Steel Beam
- Explosion
- Earthquake

The idea is
explosion
and
tricking a Choice Band to prevent setup
it worked.
Tera Flying was placed on this set purely as a bluff to discourage Ursaluna from clicking Ground-type moves

Get beamed idiot.

And now for my favourite.

In the Trios Tour I had all but given up on one battle. I could not win, I was struggling to find a way to break through Zamazenta-Crowned and Ting-Lu with my draft. In your darkest moment there is only one thing you can do.. reach out into the light... the warm light of a microwave oven with oven mitts.

:bw/rotom-heat:

get oven bugged idiot (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Tera Blast
- Discharge
- Nasty Plot

That's right ladies and worms, Oven Bug. Expertly EV'd using the fabled Draft stat spread of 248/252/8, our beloved microwave oven managed to set up a Substitute and Nasty Plot on the Zamazenta-Crowned who was now powerless in breaking it.
After scoring a kill on the Zama with Discharge I had intelligently not revealed the kicker, Tera Blast. Ting-Lu smugly came in in return, trying to threaten a Whirlwind. But the Bug said NAY and splatted that thing into paste.

drizzle

formerly henguinie
is a Tiering Contributor
:magmar:
Magmar @ Salac Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Dual Chop

The Magmar. I believe the replay is lost but I 6-0'd an ORAS TDT game with this set.

The idea was to lure in Scizor, a Pokemon pretty important for beating the rest of my team, and then setup and win with this on the switch out (because who in their right mind expects a Magmar to do anything but check a Scizor with Flame Body burn fishing). The spread lives a neutral Bullet Punch from defensive Scizor if I had to get a Substitute up and it got broken or a Bullet Punch from offensive Scizor if I don't need the Substitute at the point it sets up. Fire Punch and Dual Chop were enough to OHKO the entire opposing team, having Dual Chop in case of Focus Sashes (as well as for a Latios) because the team had no hazards. The game did not matter since it was the last week, our team was already out, and their team was already secured for playoffs but it was a funny way to close out a season.

Ceruledge @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 56 Def / 120 SpA / 4 SpD / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Stored Power
- Endure
- Substitute

The replay of the match was lost but this set helped my teammate and I win game 1 of semis in a draft league about a year ago. After weakness policy and weak armor we would have enough of a boost to sweep the opposing team with stored power and bitter blade. Endure was just in case we couldn't get the aqua step while at full health.

The opposing team brought Chien-Pao, Quaquaval, Glimmora, Magnezone, Goodra, and Gardevoir

252+ Atk Quaquaval Aqua Step vs. 168 HP / 56+ Def Ceruledge: 278-330 (83.4 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mandibuzz (F) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Big Pecks
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost

my friend was facing rain, so i gave him this set ! it is utility umbrella time!
252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Mandibuzz: 154-183 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barraskewda: 246-291 (93.5 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
easy.
0 speed -spe nature to guarantee slow pivoting too

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I've had a couple of insane sets work over the years, from CB Sylveon, to SD Ferrothorn, to Rash 252 Mega Lopunny, with countless others that aren't worth listing, but one set that's worked for me numerous times throughout the years, across numerous generations, is a variation of the following

:sv/garchomp:
Akeno (Garchomp) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse
- Whirlpool
- Substitute
- Toxic

While this might seem like a complete waste of a Garchomp, it's worked for me on 4 different occasions across the years (with me going on to win all 4 games). I've brought it to deal with Rotom-Wash and Tangrowth on separate occasions. As for why I needed those Pokémon gone? The Rotom-Wash was the only thing preventing BD Galarian Darmanitan / Specs Kyurem (SM, before Freeze Dry) from claiming one with Ice STABs every time they hit the field. In the case of Tangrowth, once was simply because offensive and support Garchomp sucked into the combination of Landorus-T / Corviknight / Tangrowth, and removing the Tangrowth would allow for my Specs Greninja to be able to try force progress with Hydro Pump. The other Tangrowth this set was brought against was the opponent's only Mega Lopunny check, and while a standard Chain Chomp could've sufficed, I couldn't resist the temptation of loading one of my most memorable sets.

Here's the, frankly terrifying statistic. This Garchomp set has netted me 14 kills, and only ever died once. It's beyond me how this was even remotely possible, but it's one of my most cherished and memorable sets to date. It's not a good set, but it's one I've not seen anyone else even be psychotic enough to try use, so it holds a special place in my heart. I don't recommend that anyone use this set but, if you do, let me know how it goes. It's nearly always a waste of what's honestly the single best Pokémon the format's ever seen (when it's a 17 pointer in its WORST generation, you know it's stupid) but even it has terrible matchups once in a while, which clinically insane sets like this can occasionally force progress against!

I'll probably post a bunch more at a later date but I was reminded of this set today and wanted to share its heinousness with the world <3.

The Matchup (Tera Captains shown in purple)

1712566773558.png

The Set

On and On (Wo-Chien) @ Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 136 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Mean Look
- Growth
- Tera Blast

My favourite heat set I've made in SV pdex. This set was my dedicated lead and was intended to trap and setup on a lead torkoal from my opponent. The main goal of this set was to effectively stall out their sun turns and make tera walking wake a lot less scary. This set could also trap and setup on more passive pokemon such as cresselia and non-whirlwind ting-lu.
A secondary goal of the set was to set up +6/+6 on their lead and giga drain my HP back and attempt to break through the rest of their team. With tera ghost I had great offensive coverage and I was defensively secure vs their zamazenta.
Unfortunately, the replay seems to be lost to time but in the match itself the plan worked perfectly and Wo-chien ended the game with 4 KOs before dying to crit from Zama-C :P

:xy/alomomola:
Fishstick (Alomomola) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Nothing could kill this. It was doing like 20% at +6, but it was extremely funny.

:xy/umbreon:
Albert (Umbreon) (M) @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Moonlight
- Heal Bell
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

I can't remember the matchup for this, but it was against a rain team. It ended up dodging a Hurricane in rain and KOing Omastar with Sucker Punch.

:xy/weezing-galar:
Beautiful Lie (Weezing-Galar) @ Fairy Feather
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Rash Nature
- Strange Steam
- Gunk Shot
- Flamethrower
- Defog

The advent of offensive Galarian Weezing. Strange Steam threatens a 2HKO on max HP Ursaluna-Bloodmoon, Gunk Shot covers Florges, and Flamethrower hits Revavroom, meaning nothing can safely switch in. Neutralizing Gas protects it from Hisuian Samurott's Sharpness.

:xy/latias:
Hey Lonely (Latias) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Roar

There was a lot of hype surrounding Tera Latias leading up to the Winter Seasonal, and I had to play the mirror week 1. This set stops opposing CM Latias with Roar and dodges status/trick with Substitute. The only Fairy resist was a Glimmora, which got worn down by hazards as it was the only removal option.

:xy/gardevoir:
Feel (Gardevoir) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hypnosis
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Vacuum Wave

This Gardevoir is designed to come in on Archaludon, Trace Stamina, put it to sleep, then attempt to sweep. Vacuum Wave hits Iron Treads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)