Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Will Ospreay vs. Bryan Danielson from AEW Dynasty last night is a MUST WATCH match.

Match of the decade-type stuff.
it is on youtube rn (will obv be taken down soon) in FULL (well no entrances) but for those who can't get the show/who see this soonish - or get lucky if it slips through the cracks.

one of the most impressive matches i've seen in years --- not taking anything away from the many great matches we've seen both recently and in years past but HOLY HELL.
Ospreay & Danielson went out to prove this was a "Best of their eras" bout (whether you put em 1 or top __ they're in those spots) and proved it tonight.

Edit* As a Swerve & Cody head [and lowkey Gunther too cus he's set to go to WHC route and BETTER BE CHAMP within this calendar year] I'm eating good rn lol.

Edit edit* I grew up on Jericho finally hitting his character stride late WCW (as a young youngin and then experienced his whole WWF/E run) that said he REALLY should take a break - no hate, just go away for awhile and let people notice then come back.
What happened? in WWE Jericho was so well in tune with "Okay time to go away awhile - come back and become one the biggest stars and a refreshed character again" (Perhaps it was as simple as establishing Fozzy or whatever but sheesh...)
Also we done the whole Hook losing the FTW title thing before.... (but I will give kudos he's at least featured consistently now)

Last edited:
WWE Draft Night 1 Results:
  • Jey Uso
  • Seth Rollins
  • Bron Breakker
  • Liv Morgan
  • Ricochet
  • Sheamus
  • Alpha Academy
  • Kiana James
  • Isla Dawn & Alba Fyre
  • Ivar
  • Shayna Baszler
  • Zoey Stark

• Bianca Belair
  • Carmelo Hayes
  • Randy Orton
  • Nia Jax
  • LA Knight
  • The Bloodline
  • AJ Styles
  • Andrade
  • Cedric Alexander & Ashante “Thee” Adonis
  • Baron Corbin
  • The O.C. (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows & Michin)

The rosters did not change much after Night 1 so it felt very inconsequential... Hopefully some actual game-changing moves are made on Monday.

WWE Draft Night 2 Results:

• Imperium (GUNTHER, Ludwig Kaiser)
  • Damage CTRL (Iyo Sky, Dakota Kai, Asuka, Kairi Sane)
  • CM Punk
  • Braun Strowman
  • LWO (Rey Mysterio, Dragon Lee, Cruz Del Toro, Joaquin Wilde, Zelina Vega, Carlito)
  • Drew McIntyre
  • The Judgment Day (Finn Balor, Dominik Mysterio, JD McDonagh)
  • Ilja Dragunov
  • The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods)
  • Lyra Valkyria
  • The Final Testament
  • Bronson Reed
  • Creed Brothers + Ivy Nile
  • Tyler Bate + Pete Dunne
  • Odyssey Jones
  • Natalya
  • Dijak
  • Kayden Carter & Katana Chance

• Jade Cargill
  • Kevin Owens
  • The Pride (Bobby Lashley, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, B-Fab)
  • Tiffany Stratton
  • Legado del Fantasma (Santos Escobar, Angel, Berto, Elektra Lopez)
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Naomi
  • Chelsea Green & Piper Niven
  • Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince, Kit Wilson)
  • Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell
  • DIY
  • Blair Davenport
  • Tegan Nox
  • Giovanni Vinci
  • Apollo Crews

Muuuuch better than the picks made on SmackDown. Some actual big roster swaps and fun NXT call-ups. Thoughts on the new rosters?

We now know it will be Lyra Valkyria vs Nia Jax or Bianca Belair in the finals of the Queen of the Ring Tournament.
We also now know that it will be Gunther vs either Randy Orton or Tama Tonga in the finals of the King of the Ring Tournament.

Who would you like to see win the tours?

I wanted IYO to win QOTR but now I guess I'll go with Lyra as the next best choice. For KOTR, it's Gunther easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)