Metagame STABmons

What are you calcs showing off exactly? Steelix Mega loses to Landorus Therian anyways cause it usually packs recovery and none of your moves can 2HKO it if bulky, unless you are lucky with Diamond Storm (which can be pp stalled easily to begin with) you loses to all Lando T sets.

Sure Ttar does loses to common physical attackers, but to begin with Ttar isn't meant to wall Ground and Fighting types, but Steelix (like your calcs show off) can't wall them as well, but in addition to this, Mandibuzz does whatever it wants against you, defog, and all. Also why using a mega that needs sand support to maximise its recovery, cannot wall SO much things and loses to pratically any special attacker hitting its weaknesses? I'd rather go for a better Mega and use Ttar to stack hazards. That was my point.

Oh one more thing, In STABmons, Lando T packs Precipice Blades, which 2HKoes Steelix Mega in all cases.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
What are you calcs showing off exactly? Steelix Mega loses to Landorus Therian anyways cause it usually packs recovery and none of your moves can 2HKO it if bulky, unless you are lucky with Diamond Storm (which can be pp stalled easily to begin with) you loses to all Lando T sets.

Sure Ttar does loses to common physical attackers, but to begin with Ttar isn't meant to wall Ground and Fighting types, but Steelix (like your calcs show off) can't wall them as well, but in addition to this, Mandibuzz does whatever it wants against you, defog, and all. Also why using a mega that needs sand support to maximise its recovery, cannot wall SO much things and loses to pratically any special attacker hitting its weaknesses? I'd rather go for a better Mega and use Ttar to stack hazards. That was my point.

Oh one more thing, In STABmons, Lando T packs Precipice Blades, which 2HKoes Steelix Mega in all cases.
I think Landorus-Therian was being used to display the comparative bulk, not make a statement about that mons specific match-up versus Steelix.

Try not to cherry pick (aka only reply to limited parts of the argument) when replying.

Steelix losing to common special attackers doesn't matter when you can switch out of them into say Chansey or another special wall.

Steel / Ground is an excellent physdef typing in STABmons. It can wall things like Tapu Koko easily (which Ttar can't do), along with taking normal spam easily.

Ttar isn't bad ofc, but neither is Steelix, and neither directly outclasses the other.

Also Steelix doesn't need sand support, it's happy with 50% healing.

If Mandibuzz matters so much to you run Toxic and hit it on the switch.

EV

Banned deucer.
Why are we even talking about Mandibuzz anyway? Since when did it become relevant? Lando-T is the premier defogger and it shits on both of Ttar and Steelix, end of story.

Also, I take it new mega stones are out. Does that mean every mega is released now?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why are we even talking about Mandibuzz anyway? Since when did it become relevant? Lando-T is the premier defogger and it shits on both of Ttar and Steelix, end of story.

Also, I take it new mega stones are out. Does that mean every mega is released now?
Nope. GameFreak is doing it by monthly events 2-3 stones per month.

EDIT: Basically ignore this, I got confused.

There's something that I've been thinking about a lot this gen, and that's the new forme policy. In case you're new to STABmons or didn't realize that it changed, there used to be a policy where if a pokemon changed forme outside of battle, and changed types, and didn't gain/lose moves when it changed then it could count all of its formes' types as "STAB" for the purposes of this metagame (similar to evolutions). This affected Hoopa, Shaymin, and Wormadam. This time around the last stipulation to this policy was removed before the metagame was submitted. This means that Rotom gets all of its formes' moves. Oricorio was added to this list naturally. Additionally, Silvally was put in this category. This is a separate edge case, since it is always normal type outside of battle, but has a fixed form in battle that you can chose at teambuilder.

I haven't actually confirmed whether or not it's possible to change this at all without resubmitting this OM or whether Betathunder is willing to change this, but I would like to bring it up here instead of the council chat anyways since I just want to hear what people have to say about it. Plus I think it's a great topic to talk about when there's no ladder.

I recently ran a poll in Neon Town, which was just asking for what the ideal forme policy would look like to people. I put 3 options on there: new policy, old policy, remove the policy completely. The vote spread was 3/6/3 in total before the server reset. But that poll didn't really cover all of the cases and isn't official in any capacity.

As far as I see it, these are the ways that this could play out:

1. I'm just wrong or delusional (likely)
  2. This isn't in scope to change
  3. Keep the current rules the way they are currently interpreted
  4. Keep current rules but change Silvally to match cartridge mechanics (it only gets normal moves)
  5. Keep current rules but change Silvally to match teambulider mechanics (it only gets moves corresponding to its form)
  6. Revert to the old rules (this means that Rotom gets reverted) and keep Silvally as-is
  7. Revert to the old rules but change Silvally to match cartridge mechanics (it only gets normal moves)
  8. Revert to the old rules but change Silvally to match teambulider mechanics (it only gets moves corresponding to its form)
  9. Remove the rule and don't count form changes toward STAB types
If you think there's a cleaner solution than one I listed, feel free to let me know. Please think this over before posting, since I don't think there really is a clear-cut winner here and all of the options here have both pros and cons.

Personally I think that Silvally is a problem. You don't know what its type is at preview, which makes it hard to make a plan for early on. Additionally its QD sets are extremely effective at sweeping bulkier teams and limited defensive checks. I don't think I need to point out that it has limitless options to get around its checks at this point. I don't understand why there was a rule change, although I'm not opposed to it. I also don't understand how Silvally is more like Hoopa than Zen Darmanitan, since afaik its just a normal mon whose type gets changed in battle by its ability and item.

If the rule gets reinterpreted, I think that giving Silvally just normal type moves is the cleanest solution since it stays true to the in-game mechanics and the policy.

I don't really care about Rotom, since it's good-but-not-broken either way and is a bizarre case regardless of how the rules are formulated. I think that the current way it's handled is nicer than the old one since neither of them quite capture the way Rotom works, but the new one is simpler.

I wouldn't mind removing the forme rule completely because it affects 6 pokemon and half of them are garbage. Also the three relevant pokemon are all separate interpretation cases and Hoopa, the only clear one, only gets 1 extra move that it wants and is still a good poke without it. But I'm not on some huge campaign to remove it; I mostly just want Silvally dealt with in a way that makes people happy (even if that means keeping it as is), and I think there are more ways to tackle this problem than simply suspecting it.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
  1. Wormadam could never swap types that I can remember and wasn't affected by the policy ever. (Once it evolves the type is permanent.)
  2. The only reason I added Silvally to the scope was because I had confirmation that the Memories change its type outside of battle, contrary to what your post says above. If it's Normal outside battle, then it only should get Normal moves. End of story.
  3. The premise has treated new move learning like teaching moves as TMs. This is why megas, Meloetta, Castform, Protean, Conversion, etc are not counted.
    1. Staying consistent to that premise has always been our goal. We retroactively added Rotom because excluding it last gen was an arbitrary rule based on forms forgetting their signature moves when they revert back to Rotom prime. I see no reason to reneg on that now.
    2. Similarly, Oricorio changes type depending on the island it inhabits.

In summary, the only change we should make is one to Silvally IF it's true that outside of battle it's always Normal.

Edit: If this line is to be taken literally from the Bulbapedia article on RKS System, then I think we've been doing it wrong.
  • "RKS System has no effect outside of battle."

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
  1. Wormadam could never swap types that I can remember and wasn't affected by the policy ever. (Once it evolves the type is permanent.)
  2. The only reason I added Silvally to the scope was because I had confirmation that the Memories change its type outside of battle, contrary to what your post says above. If it's Normal outside battle, then it only should get Normal moves. End of story.
  3. The premise has treated new move learning like teaching moves as TMs. This is why megas, Meloetta, Castform, Protean, Conversion, etc are not counted.
    1. Staying consistent to that premise has always been our goal. We retroactively added Rotom because excluding it last gen was an arbitrary rule based on forms forgetting their signature moves when they revert back to Rotom prime. I see no reason to reneg on that now.
    2. Similarly, Oricorio changes type depending on the island it inhabits.
In summary, the only change we should make is one to Silvally IF it's true that outside of battle it's always Normal.

Edit: If this line is to be taken literally from the Bulbapedia article on RKS System, then I think we've been doing it wrong.
  • "RKS System has no effect outside of battle."
I think the bulbapedia article quote just means no practical effect, eg doesnt effect appearance rates of mons or anything. I wouldn't give it too much credence.

High just created a team wanna know what us think

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Gear Grind
- Pin Missile
- Roost
- Sticky Web

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Spirit Shackle
- Shore Up
- Flare Blitz

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Shore Up
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Oblivion Wing
- Aeroblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

EV

Banned deucer.
High just created a team wanna know what us think

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Gear Grind
- Pin Missile
- Roost
- Sticky Web

Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Spirit Shackle
- Shore Up
- Flare Blitz

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Shore Up
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Oblivion Wing
- Aeroblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
Hi Kanga. It looks like you're trying to go with a hazard stack team, but it feels held back by a few of your choices. Namely, the Toxapex and full Def Mega Scizor are leaning balance when I think you should commit to full Webs offense. Sadly, Pheromosa was our best Web setter, but there's still hope. Here's what I would do:

Silvally @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web / Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Parting Shot / Strength Sap

This is basically trying to recreate a hazard stacking Deoxys-Speed set. With Ghost typing and Taunt, the opponent will be hard pressed to clear hazards against Silvally bar a faster Defogger or Scrappy / Pixilate Spinner (rare this gen). The hazards are flexible but I wanted to stick with the Webs theme (pun intended). Otherwise, Spikes can go over that, and the last move can be whatever.

Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Shadow Bone
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off / Shore Up

I prefer LRod over Rock Head for a few reasons, namely the ability to better check Tapu Koko and because V-create is just too bomb not to run, hence the lack of needing Rock Head to mitigate recoil. Maro won't really be getting the jump on any Pokemon after Webs thanks to its dismal Speed tier, so I wouldn't bother with an investment. Just use it to punch holes and force switches + rack up hazard damage due to switches.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- U-turn
- Earthquake / Superpower / Knock Off

Your secondary physical bomb that really pairs nicely with Webs teams. Not much to say here.

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Normally I go for the Incarnate forme, but Therian Thundurus is very viable on Webs teams. I duplicated the standard set because coverage isn't really an issue for Thundurus at all.

Hoopa-U @ Ghostium-Z
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 SpA
+Spe/-Def Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Stored Power
- Power Trip
- Focus Blast / Drain Punch

Yeah it's my ToT Hoopa set again. This guy is a turd for offense teams and if you can hold onto Webs that +1 ToT Speed is gonna be even more helpful. Don't blow your Ghostium-Z wad too soon tho: this is a one-and-done set meant to clean up after teammates punch holes. If you want longevity, run Pystrike and Night Daze or something instead.

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance / Superpower

This is basically utility filler because the team lacks a few essentials. One, FakeSpeed is just kinda necessary, even with Webs, as stuff like Mega Pidgeot / Birds and boosters (e.g. Ghost Silvally) are incredibly threatening, especially to offense. It's also helpful to have a Spinner in the wings. You also need to be able to revenge other FakeSpeeders. Luckily for you the omnipresent Diggersby is slower.

Anyway, I made this on the fly, so there are still a few holes to be mindful of, namely your lack of switch-ins. But again, your goal is to press the offense. You also die to DD Kyurem-B ... so just avoid that if possible :D.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Porygon-2 can no longer run Baton Pass as per its banning in OU. It should probably move down in the viability rankings because it can no longer pivot / pass its Download boosts.

This actually comes as a major blow to bulky offense and similar styles imo, as P2 is a pretty unique duck tank.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Refresh
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades

Refresh makes Beak Blast Celesteela a joke, lol. Here's a replay demonstrating it being used: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7stabmons-97212. Plus, you'll only click Liquidation anyways. Or Crabhmmer if you like to play the cards. Swampert is a cool Pokemon. Use it.

EV

Banned deucer.

Adamant Nature
- Refresh
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Precipice Blades

Refresh makes Beak Blast Celesteela a joke, lol. Here's a replay demonstrating it being used: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7stabmons-97212. Plus, you'll only click Liquidation anyways. Or Crabhmmer if you like to play the cards. Swampert is a cool Pokemon. Use it.
Could replace Stone Edge with Shore Up and get REALLY rude. Maybe that's too obvious, but the longevity with Swampert's massive bulk sounds appealing.
Yeah it's dual STABs are quite nice, so I'd drop coverage and go with Shore Up / Rain Dance alongside them. Partner up with Magnezone to trap Celesteela imo. Refresh feels better suited on tanks that need to set up throughout the match, particularly mono-attackers. Either way, Swampert, and rain in general, is cool.

nyan kat I can see why you wanted RD over Moongeist Beam for PP, but why Slack Off over Shore Up?, considering Silvally was on a SAND team. .-.

EV

Banned deucer.
In preparation of STAB's inevitable return, it's time for some teams!!

Mega Medicham

Fairly straightforward. I run Scarf Adamant Koko to outspeed and KO QD Silvally after a boost with Fusion Bolt. PZ can be a mono revenger/wallbreaker or setup Z sweeper, your choice. When using the Z set, Z-Conversion will make you Ghost, so Z-Sketch is there in case you'd rather stay Normal in certain situations.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out / Ice Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Strength Sap / Roost
- Blue Flare

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Fusion Bolt
- Play Rough
- Bolt Strike

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Swords Dance

or

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Boomburst
- Sketch

Celesteela @ Shed Shell / Safety Goggles
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Leech Seed
- Beak Blast
- Roost

I'll post my Trick Room team when I get back to my computer at home ^^

After keeping my personal teams under lock and key for years, I decided to finally share a few of my teams that I think are suitable for Gen7 sample teams. These teams were built earlier in the metagame, so they might not hold up against current or future metagame trends. They might need some tweaking in that respect, but they are solidly built. The first two teams exemplify my two favorite playstyles, bulky balance/semistall, and faster VolTurn offense/balance. They both put a premium on tough defensive pokemon and offensive pokes that can hit hard and fast off the bat without setup. I prefer to just overwhelm my opponent at team preview with fat walls or lots of momentum than to setup sweep. The third team is a rain team because everyone loves weather.

Venu/Tran Bulky Balance

This team is a bulky balance team designed to wear down the opponent with the defensive core of Landorus/Slowking/Venusaur and utility of Heatran before cleaning with Porygon-Z or Tapu Koko. Koko and Porygon-Z also act as excellent revenge killers if things get out of hand, as Koko outspeeds everything at +1 and PGonZ has fairly fast priority. Be careful to figure out what DD Zygarde carries in its 3rd and 4th slots, since the approach to beat it changes drastically if its Z-Move or a bulkier Sub/Shore Up set.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Play Rough
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Mirror Coat / Dragon Tail

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Strength Sap
- Spore
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- King's Shield
- Blue Flare / Searing Shot
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Roost
- Defog
- Beak Blast
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt

Rotom-C VolTurn Balance

Have you ever wanted to pretend you were Jeudy Azzarelli? Now's your chance! Rotom-C is an artifact from the Kartana metagame, but is still a good check to Zygarde, Celeteela, and FakeSpeed. It pairs with Celeteela to form a slightly smaller defensive core than the last team has. This team focuses more on momentum with Ash-Greninja, Tapu Koko, and Scarf Landorus. These three are all very fast and strong and do a good job at pressuring their partners' checks. Banded Koko is a particularly potent wallbreaker once Rotom and Greninja break down ground types. Heatran makes a return with my personal favorite utility set and gives a sturdier fire deterrent than Greninja. Make sure that you keep FakeSpeeders and strong special water types under control, since they can't really be revenged or hard-walled respectively.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Searing Shot
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Steam Eruption
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Play Rough
- Brave Bird

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Beak Blast
- Heavy Slam

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- King's Shield
- Searing Shot
- Earth Power

Rain

This is a pretty generic rain team. I opted to use scarf Rotom because it breaks Ferrothorn and still provides momentum. Double scarf + Swift Swim provides plenty of speed for this team. Double uturn + volt switch provides plenty of momentum. Peli/Ferro is a decent defensive core, although Peli is quite squishy and should only be hard switched in against resists, like Scizor. Bewear is an underrated emergency button and priority sweeper, which tanks some crazy physical hits and appreciates having lots of anti-fire pokemon.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Steam Eruption / Defog
- U-turn

EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Precipice Blades
- Superpower
- Shore Up

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Play Rough

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Spikes
- Strength Sap
- Anchor Shot

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Steam Eruption
- Blue Flare

Bewear @ Life Orb
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Milk Drink
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch

Last edited:
gonna drop some hot sets for ya

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Moongeist Beam

here's offensive trick room cofagrigus! no one runs cofagrigus, which is a shame. it's got really good bulk to take on the likes of well basically all normal-types. even mummy blocks scrappy users like kangaskhan or stoutland. trick room flips the field and the match and puts tapu koko to shame. being able to just halt offensive momentum and gain it on your side is sickening and cofagrigus is excellent at it. a 180 bp ghost-type stab is insanely good too, and moongeist beam is powerful in general. the entire pokemon is awesome, and i hope to see cofagrigus used more! it also halts rain too. not the best pokemon, but certainly a ton of fun to use and i encourage you to give it a try.

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Core Enforcer

the speed evs are for something... i can't remember though. anyways, kommo-o is the porygon-z check we need and deserve. it's really bulky, too, and its typing is sweet as it forces out normal-types that don't wanna take on its hits. i chose a special set because there's only a 10 stat difference and secret sword + core enforcer hit harder than the physical stab options anyways. core enforcer is nice to prevent abilities on the switch in. be very careful when using kommo-o as it can get worn down easily and it also can't touch tapu koko but it's still a really cool pokemon. i'm sure someone could find a different set with like dragon hammer and such, but i was using this on a bulkier, slower team that utilizes spikes stacking, so roar kommo-o made it work for me. never lets me down.

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Heart Swap
- Clanging Scales
- Psycho Boost

another dragon-type! here's a strong defogger that seems gimmicky, but somehow really works. launching psycho boosts only to not have to worry about it is great, and it forces switches like crazy because of it. bring it with a fakespeeder, since the -def from clanging scales being passed on makes fakespeeders the way to abuse it. it also can steal boosts from things like water-silvally and make use of it themselves. roost is nice and i wish i had room for it, but i didn't. unless you want to give up a stab move, but then you're walled by a shit ton of things. oh and most steel-types are bulky physically, so the def drop really helps when you bring along physical attackers. try it out and see what happens!

Toucannon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent
- Overheat
- Boomburst

and last, but never least, toucannon. toucannon is really strong and spams boomburst like nobodies business. however i chose toucannon for two very important reasons. firstly, it can overwhelm physdef celesteela easily, which no other fake speeder can claim, and it even dents spd celesteela after some wearing down, as overheat can do 51%-60% to 252/252+ celesteelas always. secondly, and more importantly, it's a toucannon. no one has any clue what it does or what to switch in. its got great stabs to wield and its extreme speed makes up for having such shitty speed. all i can say it, toucannon is a ton of fun to use and super unprepared for, as no one in their right mind would prepare for this thing! luckily, i'm not in the right mind. it's not bulky at all and it's slow as hell, and it's really prone to being worn down. it's still a toucannon, and while gimmicky, it's a fun fun FUN pokemon to use.

that's all folks! until next time, don't forget: tapu koko is broken. bye!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Im on council too so I guess I will drop some squads to hype up for our July ladder

Mega Blastoise is a great wallbreaker thanks to its insane damage output backed up by Mega Launcher. This is so important since its coverage allows it to scare of the majority of the common hazard setters and lets it pull off Rapid Spins more consistently. I decided to pair it with Choice Band Bewear due to them breaking through eacothers checks quite well. SubCoil Zygarde works great in tandem with Toxic Spikes, and acts as a great wincon that can sweep lategame quite easily. Heatran acts as the rock setter and checks threatening attackers such as Porygon-Z and Sylveon. Tapu Koko and Greninja form a great offensive core and they both apply great offensive pressure against the opposing team, which aids Zygarde's sweeping potential. The team is quite weak to Kyurem-B and Double Dance Landorus-T, but is still a great example of a bulky offensive build nontheless.

Next is a full stall team that kinda takes emulates the traditional OU builds following the common Mega Sab + "Skarmory" + Chansey defensive core. Celesteela is placed instead of Skarm due to its better overall bulk that lets it check special attackers much better. Quagsire is used as the Unaware mon as a means to check SD Alolalan Marowak and Landorus-T since they both can easily overwhelm the team otherwise. Sylveon is used as the cleric and acts as a third means of hazard removal with Pixilate Rapid Spin. It also provides a bit of power to the team as even uninvested Boombursts hit hard. Chansey is added as the special wall that can cause an annoyance to the opposing foe thanks to Transform. Dugtrio works great in tandem with stall since it can trap stallbreakers such as Hoopa-U, Kyurem-B, Heatran, and Tyranitar. Mega Heracross and Work Up Mega Pidgeot are both really annoying threats, but can be dealt with with proper predictions.

Here's a replay of the team in action:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-596178860

#STABMONSJULYOMOTMANDHOPEFULLYPERMALADDERAFTER2017

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)