SM UU Viability Ranking Thread Mark Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krookodile: A to A- or B+
As much as I hate to say it, Krook really doesn't deserve A rn. As a fast offensive Dark-type, it's Choice Scarf set doesn't beat anything in particular that Weavile doesn't (Bar Klefki or something). Especially with the rise of Mega Lati, Weavile's stronger moves to deal w/ it are more desirable, and Weavile can also run Low Kick to deal with Coballion and has more damage output due to being able to run a boosting item effectively. In terms of an offensive Ground-type, Mamo gives it some tough competition as Mamo is stronger, has very useful priority, and has freeze-dry to push past bulky waters.
But what if weavile gets banned?

I would advice against making nominations during a suspect, at least during the latter part and if the nomination is dependent on the suspect either staying or leaving. For that reason it also makes little sense to update the rankings right before a suspect ends, which I don't think ever happens either. It's no big issue, since if Weavile gets banned, it's easy enough to just ignore any nomination based on it staying, but it is easier and makes more sense to just hold off a nomination until the suspect is over.

Snorlax: B- to B
This Pokemon is slept on a lot right now, and with all the special attackers in the tier atm, Snorlax is seeing great success as a curse using special wall. However, the set I believe is worthy of B rank is The Curse recycle set with the ability gluttony. This let's it set up with curse, Restore health early with Aguav berry, get the berry back with recycle and continue setting up. For attacks it runs Return for STAB and either Crunch to hit psychic and ghost types for lots of damage or earthquake to hit Steel and Rock types for a lot of damage. The introduction of Mega Gardevoir and Mega Latias has caused a decline in fighting types and I think this is Snorlax's time to shine.

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
upload_2017-10-9_15-47-53.png Primarina A to A-: Disagree.
Primarina has distinct advantages over Mega Gardevoir which include higher damage output, arguably better offensive typing and ability to run a defensive set to check metagame powerhouses such as Weavile, Sharpedo-M and Infernape. A drop would be unjustified in this regard.

upload_2017-10-9_15-54-8.png
Krookodile A to A-: Disagree.
Krookodile holds a strong place in the metagame even with Weavile in the tier, with a combination of Intimidate + Speed Control in a Choice Scarf set, and as a lead rocker can prevent the Klefki from getting up all of its spikes with Taunt, and the threat of a moderately strong Earthquake. However, with Weavile's suspect vote being as impending as it is, I would hold off on moving it in this regard, as its viability in the tier as an offensive Dark-type could very much change if Weavile gets banned.

Also would like to keep Krook in A for the simple reason as it boasts probably the strongest Earthquake in the tier right now, bar like two things, and is the only viable user of both Knock Off and Earthquake at the same set while still being bulky enough to take a hit, a trait Weavile tends to lack. Plus, switching in on Band Krookodile is a pain in the ass sometimes.

I think we should provide stuff for the drawbacks of each Pokemon. (Eg: Pokemon XXX is good as a YYY usually running ZZZ, but can be easily countered by QQQ)

So I have a suggestion...

As someone who’s been out of the game for a long while I come back to this completely different meta than when I last played it thinking “hmm I should check out the VR, that should give me a good idea of what’s good, right?” Well, sort of. I look through the ranks and it tells me where each pokemon stands relative to the rest of the tier, but a crucial piece of information is missing and that’s the “why”. I would like to at least have an idea of what makes each pokemon good/what it’s niche is/what it usually runs/what it checks, which brings me to the suggestion:

Why don’t you add a little blurb of info either as a link on each Pokemon’s name, or in hide tags underneath. I’m sure new and returning players (the ones who need this thread the most tbh) would be grateful and it would give VR more of a purpose as opposed to just being a list.

Before anyone says “check out the analysis”... most new players don’t have a clue where to find those... plus those go into a bit too much detail about specific sets rather than just a quick overview. If writing shit is too much work then sure, but I would still make each pokemon’s name a link to its analysis at the very least. Also those analyses are way outdated more often than not if shit is still the same as when I left...

Just a thought :)
Ditto this. Just returned to the game after over a year and the meta's completely different now. It would be really helpful to also have some discussions on the shifts in the meta that have been occurring and the state of the current meta. Any additional information is great!

Weavile can get banned twenty times over; it still won’t stop Krook from struggling hard against Mega-Lati, Mega-Alt and Rotom-Wash. I think A- is more than fair for it.
Me too. It just struggles too much to be A rank anymore unfortunately. It's still a good Pokemon though

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
got another nomination for ya'll. I'd like to nominate Xatu for C-. I'll just start off by saying that it's an incredibly mediocre Pokemon being vulnerable to all Pursuit users barring Scizor which means using this Pokemon can be relatively easily exploited (though it could easily run colbur berry to help with this a little bit), and the popularity of Volt-Turn doesn't do it any favours. However, it does have merits due to Magic Bounce and therefore being able to completely control the hazard game in certain team match ups which ensures that the opposition can make no headway if they rely on klefki as their spiker (a pretty fucking common pokemon by now). In addition to beating that spiker it's capable of handling most Stealth Rock users like Swampert, Hippowdon, Seismitoad, Bronzong, Aggron, Cobalion, Gliscor to name a few. Just having Xatu on your side completely changes the way those pokemon are played. One might consider Espeon to completely outclass Xatu but Xatu has some important traits that help it stand out like, Heat Wave, Roost, Thunder Wave, U-turn etc which allow it to perform a much more valuable defensive role and therefore consistently fend off the hazard setters.

example (from the last majors tour)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-321163
lcans couldn't make any headway when it came to pressuring me with Volt-Turn due to the fact that Xatu shut down both his hazard setters and was also capable of beating his one potential Pursuit trapper with Heat Wave making attempting to trap it an impossible situation. Being able to set my own hazards and keep his off made it fairly simple to pressure his team.

no it's not going to work for all match ups, like they could have hazard users that pressure Xatu, Froslass Aerodactyl Krookodile Mamoswine are examples. So it is fairly match up reliant and would need to be used with Pokemon like Seis that match up well against Volt Turn to ensure that Xatu user isn't always on the back foot against these teams. Given the match up nature of this Pokemon and need for a considerable amount of defensive support I think C- would be a fair ranking for doot doot.

as far as the current nomination slate goes:

krookodile should definitely be dropped. the new metagame changes are far too unkind to it for it to remain at A. as for prim i'd like to see it stay in A due to the reasons masterampharos touched on. it's offensive power is still hard to account for, especially considering a lot of the steel types used now to check garde / altaria are vulnerable to water stab, same goes for psn types like nihilego and nidoking, and defensively it can somewhat reliably answer a lot of metagame threats like weavile, nape, mega shark, hydreigon etc.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
phone again so no sprites til i get back

A+ --> S
: As volt-turn has reached its current level of usage, I believe the lynchpin of volt-turn is due for this nomination. Its massive impact in this meta is felt much more than the those of the other A+ ranks not called Klefki or Mega Garde by a huge margin (the latter of which I still think should also be S); it's the sole reason why formerly unviable mons like Gastrodon and Seismitoad are now starting to gain recognition in this meta once again and it's a huge reason why Zydoge has gained a lot of relevence in this meta again. Very little opportunity cost to run the washer if you're not running stall, and players are also beginning to recognize the offensive potential on this as well.
A --> A-:
Easy no-brainer. Krook's Scarf set has lost a lot of effectiveness in this meta and unlike Dreigon which similarly lost some utility in its Scarf set but regained a lot of its prowess as a Specs user, Krook hasn't found a new edge that justifies keeping it in A rank.
stays in A rank:
Yes, mega Gardevoir exists but if anything, Primarina's Specs set is more dangerous now than it was before because it now exerts a ton of pressure vs very common shit like Klefki that's typically used to check several other top tier threats that Prima synergizes very well with.

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I definitely can get behind Rotom-W moving up to S. That thing is the face of quite possibly the tier's most dominant playstyle in VoltTurn, and is fully capable of fitting comfortably onto multiple other team archetypes. In general, Washtom does really well as a check to tier staples like Infernape, Scizor, Mamoswine, and Gliscor lacking Facade, and has really good offensive synergy with a large number of defining offensive threats, particularly those previously mentioned. It has a surprisingly amount of versatility and flexibility between its many viable sets, which include defensive, specs, scarf, waterium z or leftovers, and even Psychium Z to lure in Amoonguss. The influx in usage of Seismitoad and Gastrodon is testament to Rotom's influence, and overall I definitely see it as more centralizing and defining of a Pokemon in comparison to anything else in A+. S rank material for sure.

As for the rest of the viability rankings, the upper subranks look solid, though I think some housekeeping is needed for ranks B- through D. Here are the rises and drops that I'd be most interested in seeing happen:

Cofagrigus up to B
This thing sticks out like a sore thumb in B-, considering nothing else in that entire subrank is capable of winning from matchup alone. With its OTR set, Cofagrigus is capable of nabbing setup opportunities against the likes of Infernape, unboosted or utility Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, Gliscor, Mega Beedrill, and several other threatening physical attackers. Upon entering Trick Room and boosting up with Nasty Plot, it becomes near unstoppable, and is capable of straight up 6-0ing a large amount of the tier's common offensive builds. Given that pretty much only Blissey and Alolan Muk can avoid the 2HKO from +2 Shadow Ball or HP Fighting after rocks, and that plenty of prominent physical threats act as setup bait for Cofag, it is more than worthy of a rise out of B-, where it truly doesn't compare to really anything else in terms of consistency and potency.

Slowking down to C+
Slowking still has use as a check to things like Mega Latias and NP Ape, though a lot of recent metagame trends have really been out of its favor. Mega Sharpedo and Specs Hydreigon are as dominant as they've ever been, while VoltTurn is at its peak with Rotom-Wash and Mega Manectric now in the tier. Overall, Slowking struggles too much in a metagame filled with VoltTurn and offensive Dark-types to maintain its current rank, and can even be powered through by some special attackers that it'd try checking, like Thunderbolt Mega Latias, Electrium Z Latias, Togekiss, and Starmie. A drop to C+ is justified right now.

Darmanitan up to C+
Despite the meme wars that emerged from this nomination, it is still something that I think should go through. Mega Latias and Rotom-Wash's introductions to the tier have kept Choice Band Fire-types like Infernape and Entei from spamming their Fire-type STAB as easily, though by virtue of its higher Attack stat and Sheer Force, Darmanitan is fully capable of powering through the aforementioned Fire-resists in just two hits. Due to the newfound increase in distinction between Darmanitan and Entei, I feel as though ranking them closer to one another is justified, and that due to the utility of STAB Sacred Fire, Entei doesn't deserve a drop, which makes rising Darmanitan the more logical option (I also just think its more consistent in its role than things like Salazzle and Tornadus).

Rotom-C up to C+
Mowtom is usually outperformed offensively by Rotom-W, though its ability to break past bulky Water-types a lot more reliably is enough of a boon to justify C+ in my eyes. It takes advantage of the increased viability and usage of Seismitoad and Gastrodon while more adequately pressuring Suicune and opposing Washtoms than Washtom itself. The 4x resistance to Electric-type attacks can also prove useful in reliably switching into opposing Rotom-Ws in addition to taking on less conventional Electrics in Magneton and Raikou, and is just one more niche this thing has over its main competition that for me, justifies slightly higher placement.

Porygon-2 up to C+
Lots of potential rising from C going on here, though I promise this is the last one. P2 is a generally unexplored mon, which is why I think only rising one subrank is justified for now, though staying in C when its Z-Conversion set has proven to be lethal against a lot of top tier threats is quite the injustice. It can be difficult to set up at first, though once it's boosted up Porygon-2 can easily take on Cobalion, both Latias and its Mega Evolution, Weavile, Mega Manectric, Rotom-Wash, and just about anything else in ranks S through A-. Download and Recover are two really useful tools it has at its disposal as a sweeper, and considering that it's fairly easy to build around and means of revenge killing it are limited, I absolutely think that C+ is a good starting place.

Venusaur down to C-
I'd like to start by saying that I'm not knocking Venusaur's sweeping capabilities under the sun. It's actually really potent and can put in work against even stall with Z-Power Whip (thanks for the recommendation Sparrow). My main gripe with Venusaur's current rank is that it shouldn't be the same as Ninetales's. Ninetales is a very capable wallbreaker due to having Drought, and as a result it isn't limited to only functioning on sun builds. Venusaur, however, requires the support of Ninetales to be functional in its role, and as a result is much harder to fit on a team. Due to its potency under the sun, a rank in C- is justified, though being ranked alongside the Pokemon that it needs to be useful in a match but can also be useful outside of specific archetypes is something that I don't think makes C reasonable anymore.

Stoutland and Whimsicott unranked
This is getting a tad bit boring, so since I think these should both just go the same place, I'm lumpin' em together :P Anyways, I love me some Stoutland, but it's literally only functional on builds with Hippowdon or Gigalith, which is falling off lately in the case of the former, and is almost never used in the case of the latter. It also has problems against the tier's plethora of Fighting-types, Mega Aggron and Steelix, Alomomola, and especially Doublade, which is beginning to see both more viability and usage due to its good matchup against several top threats. As for Whimsicott, well, it sucks lol. The only niches it has over any other offensive Grass are its high Speed and Prankster + Encore, though those don't distract from the fact that it's piss weak even with a Life Orb/Choice Specs and is outperformed as a result. It's really a shame since this thing was so fun to use last gen, but nowadays it feels like it just sits there during matches and waits to die. Maybe C- is fair for it, but getting unranked entirely is definitely on the table in my eyes, since I haven't even seen this thing win a game since beta.

If you made it through this whole post, thanks so much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed, and let's hope for some more discussion before this next update! :)

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Slowking down to C+
Slowking still has use as a check to things like Mega Latias and NP Ape, though a lot of recent metagame trends have really been out of its favor. Mega Sharpedo and Specs Hydreigon are as dominant as they've ever been, while VoltTurn is at its peak with Rotom-Wash and Mega Manectric now in the tier. Overall, Slowking struggles too much in a metagame filled with VoltTurn and offensive Dark-types to maintain its current rank, and can even be powered through by some special attackers that it'd try checking, like Thunderbolt Mega Latias, Electrium Z Latias, Togekiss, and Starmie. A drop to C+ is justified right now.
iirc Slowking is C- but was never dropped in the OP

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
IMG_0097.PNG Mega Absol to B-/B
With the new ban of Weavile, Mega Absol finds itself as arguably the best Pursuit trapper in the tier, as Krookodile is forced to lock into it due to its mediocre speed without a Choice Scarf. However, Absol's devastating offensive stats and wide coverage leave opponents guessing, whether it's 4 attacks or SD + 3 attacks. Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Superpower, Play Rough, and Iron Tail in addition to good offensive Dark typing give it the opportunity to lure and trap things for teammates as well as be a capable sweeper. 4MSS does hurt it at points, as it often wants all of these, but it is relatively easy to build around to account for the coverage not ran. The most major reason to not put it any higher is its susceptiblility to being revenge killed and competition with Mega Sharpedo for a teamslot as an offensive Dark-type, but other than that, I find Absol to be a solid albeit flawed pick in a post-Weavile meta and I think B-/B reflects that.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Update for October 8th to October 16th

Weavile is removed because it was banned.

Thanks as always for the contributions everyone, feel free to focus on the discussion points, bring up anything you have noticed that I may not have, or find new evidence if your nomination was rejected or not mentioned.

Also, Cynde is joining the ranking team discussions because his contributions here are great, thanks so much for your work Cynde.

Rises
Cofagrigus B- --> B
Ranked mainly for offensive Trick Room sets, it can be a strong bulky attacker.

Mega Absol C+ --> B
The Weavile ban helps get rid of Absol Mega’s top competition which was the main reason for the previous mediocre ranking. Low bulk is somewhat compensated for by good power and speed and trapping utility.

Porygon2 C --> B-
A seriously underrated sweeper with Z Conversion which only has two major flaws: low speed after a boost and moderate bulk before a boost. Being able to take apart Scizor + Rotom Wash cores helps it a lot in the metagame, although overall offensive Porygon-2 is difficult to use still because the one time nature of Z moves and needing to time Download.

Ninetales C --> C+
While Sun may not be a dominant playstyle, it can still be extremely dangerous. It should be higher than Venusaur because it both is necessary on Sun teams that Venusaur is used on while also can be a standalone wall breaker, KOing Blissey and bulky waters.

Darmanitan C --> C+
Extreme power and ease of use lets Darmanitan have a valuable niche in the tier. 2HKOing defensive Rotom (Wash) with Choice Band sets helps Darmanitan break defensive cores. Lack of bulk combined with below average typing and only good speed stop it from rising further.

Xatu UR --> C-
It stops a lot of hazard users without having to waste time spinning or Defogging, most notably Klefki. Access to Roost means it can do this all game and Heat Wave means it can trouble a couple trappers, most notably Scizor. The below average stats and bad typing leaves it far from mainstream UU.

Drops
Krookodile A --> A-
While Krookodile is still a good Pokemon because it contributes a lot of utility and power through typing and movepool, it has lost the ability to reliably trap some top tiered threats like Latias Mega. Some bulkier attackers like Altaria Mega means it cannot revenge kill as reliably.

Unranked
Whimisicott
It is nearly impossible to justify when there are other offensive Grass types, which is not even a coveted role. Low power and even lower usage means Whimisicott’s Prankster and other antics are no longer fit to be ranked.

Declined Nominations and Discussion Points
Primarina remains A
The amazing typing and power means Primarina can still find a solid placement in A rank. Competition with other bulky special attackers like Blastoise Mega and Gardevoir Mega is important, but they all lack Primarina’s power and typing.

Venusaur remains C
Yes it’s on a niche playstyle but it also happens to be one of the centerpieces of that playstyle by being both incredibly fast and strong after a Growth boost.

Stoutland remains C
Similar to Venusaur except it doesn’t even need to set up to have a large amount of power. It works especially well against offensive teams.

Discussion Points
Rotom (Wash) A+ --> S
A true team player Pokemon that can both build momentum with Volt Switch as well as stop the opponent from attacking with passable bulk and wonderful defensive typing. Does Rotom (Wash) deserve S because of how easy it is to fit on teams or should it remain in A+ because it rarely poses a primary threat by itself?

Gardevoir Mega A+ --> S
It has next to no switchins because of the amazing power and coverage which is made all the more dangerous because of her slightly above average speed and great special bulk. The relatively few number of weaknesses also helps a lot. It does however have horrible physical bulk. If you want to talk about banning this, use the NP thread.

Rotom (Cutter) C --> C+
In many ways Rotom (Cutter) is becoming an antimeta choice because of the rise of Gastrodon and Seismitoad to combat Rotom (Wash). But it still faces huge competition.

Last edited:
Nihilego B-->B+

Nihilego can be a very good suicide lead, with both stealth rocks and toxic spikes. His 103 base speed allows him to get off both hazards, and sometimes getting of a strong hit. However, scarf nihilego is a very good cleaner and can even hurt teams very badly midgame. His deep movepool is also very good, with sludge bomb/wave as a good STAB, power gem as a secondary STAB, dazzling gleam on a krookodile predict, thunderbolt for alomomola, blastoise, crawdaunt and suicune. Pyshock can also be useful, being able to OHKO other nihilego, do way more damage against blissey or other special defensive switch-ins against the jellyfish. Lastly, nihilego can use hidden power to either kill a predicted scizor, the best switch-in against nihilego and very popular or hidden power ice, mostly for gliscor and also hitting hydreigon and latias hard enough to lock yourself into it. Nihilego does require team support, mostly against scizor and krookodile. Nihilego's terrible defense means that you can't switch it in against physical attackers, but I still think his good speed, special attack, hp and special defense make him a great cleaner and sweeper in the UU metagame.

Nihilego B-->B+

Nihilego can be a very good suicide lead, with both stealth rocks and toxic spikes. His 103 base speed allows him to get off both hazards, and sometimes getting of a strong hit. However, scarf nihilego is a very good cleaner and can even hurt teams very badly midgame. His deep movepool is also very good, with sludge bomb/wave as a good STAB, power gem as a secondary STAB, dazzling gleam on a krookodile predict, thunderbolt for alomomola, blastoise, crawdaunt and suicune. Pyshock can also be useful, being able to OHKO other nihilego, do way more damage against blissey or other special defensive switch-ins against the jellyfish. Lastly, nihilego can use hidden power to either kill a predicted scizor, the best switch-in against nihilego and very popular or hidden power ice, mostly for gliscor and also hitting hydreigon and latias hard enough to lock yourself into it. Nihilego does require team support, mostly against scizor and krookodile. Nihilego's terrible defense means that you can't switch it in against physical attackers, but I still think his good speed, special attack, hp and special defense make him a great cleaner and sweeper in the UU metagame.
To add on what noivburst said, Weavile being banned and Krook's decline helps Nihilego to use set that aren't Scarf such as specs or Rockium Z, allowing him to be less prediction reliant and more of a threat to balanced and semi-stall core. Also, being less prone to pursuit mean that the jellyfish can use more effectively its sash lead set, making of Nihilego a more unpredictable mon than before.

Rotom-Mow to C+

Been thinking on nominating this little bad boy for a while and now that it has arrised as a discussion point, it is the perfect time to do so.

Been running speedy offensive set with grass-Z, and this thing is not to be underestimated. The prevelance of Washtom brought mons such as Swampert and Seismitoad as a check to it and this guy eats them all up. Grass-Z is a nuke that massive amounts of damage to those not resisting it and allows for quite few suprising K.O.'s on mons such as Nidoking and non spD Gliscor. It can also beat with M-Manetric as long as it isnt running Overheat.

All in all, it's a decent mon and the rise in my opinion would be warranted.

zydog down to like B
tried using the band set today and its like pure ass?????????
even CB base 100 attk is just so weak?
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 62-74 (20.5 - 24.5%)
like rocks do more damage this is pitiful
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 119-141 (36.6 - 43.3%)
not even a 2KO with rocks???

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde-10%: 213-252 (85.5 - 101.2%)
its bulk is ass too????????

like am i just bad or how do u use this mon without it dying and leaving everything else comfortably living at like 2%

zydog down to like B
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 62-74 (20.5 - 24.5%)
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 119-141 (36.6 - 43.3%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde-10%: 213-252 (85.5 - 101.2%)

like am i just bad or how do u use this mon without it dying and leaving everything else comfortably living at like 2%
i don't understand why u only showed Extreme Speed calcs, ur not supposed to spam extreme speed lol. Also give us calcs for banded thousand arrows, there's practically no resist to it because grass types in the current meta aren't too hot.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
zydog down to like B

252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir-Mega: 262-309 (94.5 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 124+ Def Rotom-Wash: 282-332 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 157-186 (43.1 - 51%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
Some common threats in the tier currently. You spam Thousand Arrows, not Extreme Speed.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
With the recent ban of Weavile, Zydog lost one of is biggest Revenge Killer. Definitely against a drop. Right now, Zydog can spam very easily Thousand Arrows and OHKO-2HKO a huge majority of the whole tier. With Spikes support it can even be a pain for fat Pokemon like Alomomola.

Edit : Plus, a lot of players use Pokemon with Levitate ability to check Ground Type and Zygarde didn't care about it which mean your Ground Resist like Latias, Hydreigon or Rotom-Wash will not be viable vs Zygarde team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)