SM OU Mono-red OU Team

(shiny)

Hi,everyone,I gonna introduce an interesting mono color team to you guys.
I believe not only is the team worth collecting,but it is also easy to run.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Moonblast

Mega Diancie is super pretty and strongly offensive.So I made this balance team around her.
HP ice is prepared for Landorus-T.Many Landorus-Ts prefer to stay and stealth rock after forcing Diancie
leave,'cause timid 252sp.atk's moonblast can't kill a healhy Landorus-T,but HP ice has good chance to knockout a defensive Landorus-T,not to speak of a offensive one.
Other three moves are just brainless to use with her excellent atk and sp.atk states.
Diancie plays other part to check Charizard,thus,pay attention to keeping her heathy,while opposite Charizard is alive.(especially Mega-X)

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lele is another fair mon.
She mainly runs for supporting Diancie by cutting down opposite steel mons' lives,and creates Psychic Terrain to hide Diancie from bullet punch.
The scarf is used to obtain a speed edge.

Gale Wings (Talonflame) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
- Roost

Talonflame plays significant roles in both offense and defense.He is a rewarding wall to check Volcarona and Serperior.Plus,Talonflame is able to deal with Scizor,it could resist bullet punch and u-turn breezily,if you are lucky enough,flame body will give him a gift.
Obviously,Talonflame is a steel wall breaker,which provides opportunities for Diancie and Lele to clear foe's team out.
Talonflame is underestimated by many players in gen7,but he still owns the ability to sweep by himself,
Sword Dance and flame charge are just like dragon dance.128spe investment with jolly allows him 2points
faster than Latios(110spe),and +2atk brave bird can kill Latios.

Red iron plant (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Steel walls are of vital importance now.Ferrothorn makes it easier to break walls by stealth rock,in addition,he knocks off walls' leftovers to prevent them from recovery(most steel walls can't learn moves like recover,roost, morning sun...).
He is a beneficial wall to figure work Trick Room team as well.
So I chose Ferrothorn for the team.

Miss. Burner (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Gastrodon is such a nice sp.atk wall with her outstanding type.
She is supposed to check Heatran, Koko,Zapdos,Magearna(especially double dance) or even Greninja-Ash with Choice Specs and Camerupt-Mega.

Will-No-Miss (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Mew with this spe set is faster than most Zygardes and Landorus-Therians.
Defog is really a useful move for removing stealth rock,spikes,Sticky Web and Aurora Veil.
What's more,HO is hard to deal with,but Mew has a threat to it.

I am sorry for making English mistakes.Please give me your precious advice about my mono color team.
I will appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hey dude, i think your team has some potential. I got a bit confused there with your grammar and punctuation mistakes, but i finally understood. Lets get straight to the rating eh?

First off, TalonFlame.
The Talonflame you have does NOT appreciate having Flame Charge, Flare Blitz is way better even though Flame Charge increases speed. Now lets focus on your ability. I know you want opposing 'mons to get a burn, but that's only 30% chance. Gale Wings is way better for talonflame since it provides +1 priority for your flying type moves. Due to that, Tailwind could be an option.

Now, i've noticed that Magnezone is a big threat to your team. Talonflame cannot OHKO a magnezone with flare blitz and magnezone can OHKO Talonflame with thunderbolt. Even without specs Magnezone can still OHKO. Mega-Diancie, dead due to Flash Cannon. Ferrothorn, dead due to HP Fire and Magnet Pull. Tapu Lele, dead, doesn't even matter if it has scarf. Mew, dead, if people have Landorus-T and Magnezone VoltTurn cores. The only thing standing in Magnezone's way is Gastrodon. Other physical attackers like SubDD Dragonite and SD Mega-Pinsir can finish it off. Even Flyium-Z Landorus-T can finish it off.

In conclusion, i think you should replace Talonflame with Magnezone or something else that does Talonflame's job better. You should also put a hazard setter on your team, it would help against other threats and make it easier to sweep the opposing team. Knock Off is also something very common in the metagame, and Mew is vulnerable to it. Scizor could be a good defogger, or Scarf Latios could.

Sorry if i broke your mono-colour team (due to some pokemon i suggested not having the same colour as red / pink), but that's the way it has to be to make your team better.

-Jay Out

Hey dude, i think your team has some potential. I got a bit confused there with your grammar and punctuation mistakes, but i finally understood. Lets get straight to the rating eh?

First off, TalonFlame.
The Talonflame you have does NOT appreciate having Flame Charge, Flare Blitz is way better even though Flame Charge increases speed. Now lets focus on your ability. I know you want opposing 'mons to get a burn, but that's only 30% chance. Gale Wings is way better for talonflame since it provides +1 priority for your flying type moves. Due to that, Tailwind could be an option.

Now, i've noticed that Magnezone is a big threat to your team. Talonflame cannot OHKO a magnezone with flare blitz and magnezone can OHKO Talonflame with thunderbolt. Even without specs Magnezone can still OHKO. Mega-Diancie, dead due to Flash Cannon. Ferrothorn, dead due to HP Fire and Magnet Pull. Tapu Lele, dead, doesn't even matter if it has scarf. Mew, dead, if people have Landorus-T and Magnezone VoltTurn cores. The only thing standing in Magnezone's way is Gastrodon. Other physical attackers like SubDD Dragonite and SD Mega-Pinsir can finish it off. Even Flyium-Z Landorus-T can finish it off.

In conclusion, i think you should replace Talonflame with Magnezone or something else that does Talonflame's job better. You should also put a hazard setter on your team, it would help against other threats and make it easier to sweep the opposing team. Knock Off is also something very common in the metagame, and Mew is vulnerable to it. Scizor could be a good defogger, or Scarf Latios could.

Sorry if i broke your mono-colour team (due to some pokemon i suggested not having the same colour as red / pink), but that's the way it has to be to make your team better.

-Jay Out
Sorry for all the confusion and thanx for your helpful advice!! I would build a new team, as you suggested, but I will keep my red team just for fun and as a collection of mine

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I really didn't understand JayThePokemonMaster 's rate. How can magnezone be an issue when you have an earthpower diancie, SD talonflame, tapu lele that almost 2hkos it, and gastrodon? It can maybe stop lele or talonflame early game but it will slowly take damage and be swept easily later. Moreover magnezone is far from being popular in OU. Heatran is a much bigger issue, but that can be fixed easily by running EQ Latios with defog > mew as a way to remove hazards and lure heatran. Or just Earthpower Mew > willowisp, IceGround is a pretty effective combo too. Then, flame charge is actually an awesome move especially with psychic terrain, making talonflame impossible to revenge kill. Brave bird will be clicked 99% of the time, and +2 flame charge does enough to scizor ferrothorn.

+2 132 Atk Talonflame Flame Charge vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But again, ferrothorn and celesteela can't threaten talonflame and give him +6 boosts if they stay in so where's the problem? Lele and diancie do a ton of damage to steel types so it's ok.

Good job DYWY , sincerely, I wish you the best of luck making your way in the SMOU metagame, surskit mate :)

I really didn't understand JayThePokemonMaster 's rate. How can magnezone be an issue when you have an earthpower diancie, SD talonflame, tapu lele that almost 2hkos it, and gastrodon? It can maybe stop lele or talonflame early game but it will slowly take damage and be swept easily later. Moreover magnezone is far from being popular in OU. Heatran is a much bigger issue, but that can be fixed easily by running EQ Latios with defog > mew as a way to remove hazards and lure heatran. Or just Earthpower Mew > willowisp, IceGround is a pretty effective combo too. Then, flame charge is actually an awesome move especially with psychic terrain, making talonflame impossible to revenge kill. Brave bird will be clicked 99% of the time, and +2 flame charge does enough to scizor ferrothorn.

+2 132 Atk Talonflame Flame Charge vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But again, ferrothorn and celesteela can't threaten talonflame and give him +6 boosts if they stay in so where's the problem? Lele and diancie do a ton of damage to steel types so it's ok.

Good job DYWY , sincerely, I wish you the best of luck making your way in the SMOU metagame, surskit mate :)
Thanks a lot for your approval,great minds think alike.
BTW,Surskit is super cute,so i was really glad when i got this avatar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)