dwarfstar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Would you consider adding Feint to your movepool sub? I find it a bit flavorful :3
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Unfortunately, yeah, that's definitely true. I didn't even get how well it fit and why myself while I was reading through your submission initially
    snake
    snake
    In two subs though, maybe people will give it a second thought :D
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Here's hoping! Good luck in the polls!
    Hey, I don't want to clutter the Teambuilding Workshop thread with non-request/team posts so I'll respond here:
    Sun is inherently a janky and extremely matchup based playstyle and the decisions I made with the team were designed to provide as much pressure as possible given the constraints of using a sun team + chlorophyll sweeper. I'll just address the stuff you asked about in order:
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Excellent, thanks so much! Solid reasoning for all those points. I look forward to testing out the team!
    1. Venusaur is super weak so modest is absolutely necessary (Sludge only does like 60% to Latios for example which is Venu's best way of hitting it no way in hell can I fit Pursuit support on a sun team)
    2. Sun is up a ton because other weather is rare and Torkoal pivots into a surprising amount of things so I can afford to run Solar Beam (I'm also largely just copying what TDK ran on his sun HO); again, Venu is super weak so I feel like the extra power of Beam is necessary as well.
    3. I actually never had the opportunity to use EQ or Growth in my testing so IDK about that; honestly Dugtrio is pretty hard to trap a decent player's Tran with, so I'd just use EQ for the sake of RKing Gengar.
    4. The Def investment + nature hits a jump point so I just dumped some into SpA for a slightly harder-hitting Plume. You could easily just run max HP max Def but idk. Doesn't really matter.
    rest in peace
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Holy shit. After going to such incredible lengths to obscure it? Definitely not what I would have expected
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah, it was a serious shock, completely destroyed everyone's trust
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    There have been at least two more Bloo alts spotted since then, at least alts that managed to get badged. There have probably been more.
    Very little will brighten one's day more than having a tiny caterpillar drop onto one's glasses.
    when did you get a badge o.o
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    I contributed what was apparently good stuff to the CAP process during the movepool stage on Malaconda, and apparently, Birkal and the rest of the CAP mods thought it would be a good idea to encourage more contributions of that sort by giving me a ladybug for it (or something to that effect).
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    There were a couple of other users who got their ladybugs for the same reason at the same time, but I don't remember who they were.
    :) hi there! i like seeing you around the forums~
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Same to you! The bit about young dolphins sleeping in their mothers' slipstreams was really cool (and one of comparatively few things in that thread I didn't know before, actually).
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    As for political education of other Smogoners, you've got a very effective approach - no-nonsense, but also accessible in that it seems easier to understand and personally connect to than a lot of left dialogue. Lots of what I see is either esoteric and filled with references nobody gets without extensive study, or overly simplistic and adjusts badly to argument (the one problem I have with many fellow anarchists).
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    So I've got a lot of respect for that.

I really enjoy educating people about interesting or important things, but I'm not very good at articulating fine details of my ideal society, so that tends to get dismissed. As such, most of my value as an educator comes from teaching people stuff about biology (I had a particularly entertaining chat with my chemistry professor about spiders just the other day).
    Hey, I added you as a friend for the friend safari! Could you add me as well? Thanks! 0001-3895-6887
    I think ive seen you in Showdown lobby. If so Sup ^_^. If not then, o_0
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Greetings!
    You might have seen me in the Studio. I occasionally lurk in other rooms, but I pretty much never go to the lobby anymore. I go by the name Dwarf Salticid on PS.
    Look, I know that we don't know each other, but, can you add my Friend Code??
    it's 5086 - 2047 - 0566. Pokémons: Nosepess, Onix, Ryhorn! I really what your FC's pokemons.
    Where are you from??? I from Brazil (-3)
    Sorry for my English, if I wrote something wrong.
    What dod you get precontribs for btw? I've only seen you post rarely in ou.
    dwarfstar
    dwarfstar
    Contributions to CAP discussions, mostly, although I wasn't aware I had done enough to deserve it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…