Smogon Forums

CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
i love playing DoubleDash for that reason, you can dodge shocks by hitting FIBs and shells, LOL
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
but also bananas only make you spin in that game, not end your race.

it's a shame about light's not being viable, but this is what, the 3rd game in a row where only certain characters are viable? at least this time around it's not just 1 per game, but like 8 to choose from :)
Hootie
Hootie
remember reducing the hitstun of pow block in mkwii by using the trick button? the game needs more techs like that imo

doubledash was the best with the special items like the bowser shell :D
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
yea I'd be totally happy with just removing fireballs, putting in Fake Item Boxes, and allowing players to do the 2 item thing again.
coin items in first wouldnt matter as much if you could have a trail + pick up an item; but it's never gonna happen so :((
Hootie
Hootie
Or bring back boo for some breathing room while in the mudpack.

Also this conversation got really long o.o

It usually happens when I get started on with Nintendo games.
Hootie
Hootie
Sigh auto correct

*midpack
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
haha for me it's when people talk about Nintendo games or Taylor Swift :P

Boo is a cool item, I think my favourite one that was removed is the Mega-Mushroom. kinda fun / not game-breaking normally, and it gives another shock-dodge item which is always fun.
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
bringing back FIB > Fireballs, 2 items at once, lap times on screen during grand prix, character DLC with Bowser Jr + Birdo + Diddy Kong, and fixing battle mode. BAM we have a perfect Mario Kart game. Don't think any of that will happen, unfortunately
Hootie
Hootie
That's exactly what I would fix as well. Track design wise and racing mechanics are really great and the item balance truly would make it perfect. Also bring back a real battle mode imo
Hootie
Hootie
Sorry this got longer than anticipated haha

It was nice chatting with another big Nintendo fan :)
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
the thing is - those views I posted are shared by like, ((% of both competitive and casual players. Yet for some reason, nintendo pretends not to hear the feedback I guess?

they were close, and mk9 will be a handheld game if the pattern continues, so :(
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
yea this was fun :)
this convo was better than like 99% of wall posts on this website
Hootie
Hootie
It's shame too b/c most of this forum doesn't play any games outside of mons :(
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
oh believe me, I noticed that. It actually drives me insane wondering how these people play nothing but Pokemon and enjoy it :P

basically anything nintendo puts out post-2004 is really fun, enjoyable, and of great quality. Yet 90% of this forum has only played the newest pokemon games, lol
Hootie
Hootie
They don't even play the cart games from what I hear just PS lol

I have periods of being really into Mons, but it's fading right now especially with Splatoon coming out soon :)
Hootie
Hootie
I still don't get how people like laddering to the top. It's so tedious
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
laddering and trying to pay attention to how "good" I was is what I think actually started the slow train to retirement-ville for me. I just realized I really didnt care / have the time to put in to get at a top level. More care than time, but if you arent having fun - why bother
CanadianWifier
CanadianWifier
Splatoon is a game I haven't even seen gameplay of yet, but most of the competitive mk8 community is migrating to it; what even is it? :P
Hootie
Hootie
It's tps where you play as teenager that turns into squid (called an inkling) and you use ink as your ammo and try to spread the terrain with it to claim turf territory. You can turn into squid and swim through your own team's ink. The opposing team's will hurt you however.

Really novel idea for shooter IMO and I cannot wait to get it and this coming from someone who is not biggest fan of the shooter genre.