Smogon Forums

Kurona
Kurona
FUCK YEAH
MTMTE is kind of my favourite fiction right now. Last Stand I didn't enjoy too much - it's still amazing quality, just it's level of grittiness while fitting isn't my cup of tea - but a burning Overlord is sweet as hell.
TURBODERP
TURBODERP
Wow, you're one of the only people I know who likes MTME but doesn't like LSofW. I understand why, but yea burning Overlord is best Overlord.

How hyped are you for this new season of MTME/Lost Light? I'm pretty upset about Milne not being the artist because IMO he's the best one for the series (Sarah Stone is my other favorite TF artist, the original Windblade series is GORGEOUS), but it looks good so far content-wise (return to form IMO, as Season 2 had a lot of great moments but a lot of ehhh ones as well).
Kurona
Kurona
Yeah again it's not because I don't think Last Stand is bad - to say it's incredible would be an understatement - I just couldn't get into it as much because personal taste lol.

I'm very excited for it just on principle of it basically being MTMTE Season 3 - I'm as excited for it as any MTMTE comic. Milne was definitely a far better fit for the comic than Lawrence; he and Roberts were basically a comic-making match made in heaven... though I feel I'm in the minority because I still really like Lawrence's art. It's a bit jarring and you can definitely see that he's not as good for the comic when you put a panel from MTMTE and a panel from LL side by side, but I still feel he's a very good artist who portrays it well. I guess more simply; if I were to say Milne is a 10/10, Lawrence is a 9/10.

Also I've just absolutely loved where Lost Light's been going so far? I love Anode and Lug (again, I seem to be in the minority here) and the return to the Functionist universe has been even better than I thought it'd be. Really excited to see how that'll end - and beyond that, really excited to see the resolution to Issue 2's cliffhanger.
TURBODERP
TURBODERP
Entirely fair!

Yea, MTME was the first comic series I ever looked forwards to each month (and the first one I really followed/read as it came out TBH), so more of it is always good! I also think Lawrence's art is getting better....in-tune? with the comic (relative to issue 1 at least), so I'm hopeful (although I prefer Milne over anyone bahaha)

Dunno why people don't like Anode and Lug TBH. Yea, they're not super fleshed out now, but they're new, and Roberts can do great things with new characters. Functionist universe is gonna be super interesting, and I really hope we get more of Whirl because Whirl is the bestest character and man oh man he had some great moments in S2.
Kurona
Kurona
The most prominent complaints I've found people having so far is that they find them annoying, and that they detract attention when there's already many characters to focus on after such a big event (the main cast, the lost 'bots and 'cons who've just woken up, the mutineers, etc.) I guess it's just the timing more than anything.

Well, Whirl's got a big part next issue apparently!
TURBODERP
TURBODERP
Yea, I see where the complaints are coming from but like it's been 2 issues, and issue 3 is coming later this month. I have faith Roberts will weave it in right.

UGH I'M SO READY FOR MORE OF MY SWEET INSANE MONOCLE ROBO-CHILD, HOLD ME
Kurona
Kurona
This is true. I think it's also because it's been so long - Titans Return and Revolution extending that wait certainly didn't help.

Hehe. I'm lucky - my favourite character's Rodimus. I'm so up for seeing more of Nightbeat and Nautica though.
TURBODERP
TURBODERP
latest issue

wat

WAT
Kurona
Kurona
KILLMASTER AND HIS GODDAMN WAND
TURBODERP
TURBODERP
WHIRL PLS MY BBY

and what happened to Cyclonus?

one thing I'm worried about though is if Roberts tries and shows that the Functionist universe is actually worse than the normal one, so that in a way, Megatron was justified. Don't think he'll go there, but it's....risky?