Smogon Forums

GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
uh oh spaghettios, creative process was interfered with. See this is something i'm really woried about with star wars coming out; all these different directors are going to "mess stuff up"?? Compared to lucas? In a way I think. Either that or its being turned into a moneymachine by disney and people are not happy. Who knows. Han Solo Movie
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
the same thing happened with Rogue One last year as well. But that was just reshoots which is standard for almost all movies.

And yeah there is precedent for that because that's basically how Marvel is run. But Marvel is more of just a straight up series at this point that is building to a single narrative, not really just an interconnected universe anymore. So it makes sense for that. But I'd hate for that to happen with Star Wars, the whole point of the anthologies is that they stand alone.

But you know it's still due for a May 2018 release? That means they are like right in the middle of shooting right now. Like lol when has a director(s) ever abandoned a film in the MIDDLE of shooting
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
The amount of reshoots that happen these days makes me mad. They almost always skew the tone of a movie which I think is bad.

Anyway who knows, maybe Christian bale showed up and yelled at the director and they had a falling out