GatoDelFuego
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• lookin back on when I first saw TDKR actually the biggest meme my friends and I got out of it was "Death...by Exile."

kinda wonder why that one didn't take on as much though I guess it was more straightforwardly funny rather than ironically meme-funny
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Well I got invited to see The Dark Knight Rises so that's why. also back then I wasn't able to see a lot of movies
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    so not as much of a cinemaphile as now?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    probably not. not sure when I became one, maybe 2016. hard to tell because pretty much everyone likes movies so looking at them on a deeper level just happened over time I guess

maybe after I started reading TVTropes these things stuck out to me
    dude lol Lord and Miller bailed on the Han Solo movie. Even though it's already like halfway through shooting like lol. has this ever happened before? this is lookin really bad. Honestly a Han Solo movie sounded awful to me and honestly I was only willing to give it a chance because they have such a proven track record. but with them gone like, lol.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    what if Bale wanted to fire one of the directors but the other could stay. like Azula.

also apparently there are only 3 weeks of shooting left. like what.

also so I take it you're not happy about Joss Whedon doing reshoots for Justice League? You know he dropped Junkie XL for Danny Elfman? I have no idea how that's going to play out, Junkie has been there since the beginning
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Wheedon was given specific instructions so I'm not worried. Different circumstance . But HOW DARE HE d drop jxl. That's just fucking rude
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    yeah I wasn't worried about Whedon either until this. changing up the score entirely is a DRASTIC decision.
    dude the "BLAMO" sound effect that is really just a guy saying it has been flashing through my head for the past 2 or 3 days

I could never remember where it was from, all I could think of was the derrickcomedy vid where guns make weird noises but I knew it wasn't it

but now that I have rewatched The Dark Knight I REALIZED IT WAS FROM THE /TV/ DUB
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    oh the KABLAHHM?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    yeah it is Kablam but in my mind it was blamo

also this scene has kind of ruined the original scene for me because I now notice how silly their voices are. like they're just a tiny step away from actually being the /tv/ voices

except for all the british ones. i had no idea there were so many british 4channers. guess the UK's got scum too
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    yeah there's a lot of anglos on both this and the bane dub
    The Joker was setting up Batman to be in a Trolley Problem, except it was a quality vs. quantity thing, both one person, just one Bruce valued more

that's why he says "killing is making a choice" just like how in the Trolley Problem you implicate yourself and are therefore responsible for killing
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    what
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    the trolley is about to kill two people and you get to save one. If batman did nothing then both would die. So in reality the joker still killed them
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yes that is the point. From the point of view of The Joker though (and the Trolley Problem) if you make a choice, you are then responsible. The Joker is responsible yeah just like the "trolley" is responsible. But it's also interesting how he sees himself just as a force of nature and not really one with a plan. Just an "agent of chaos" as if he was as innocent as a trolley losing its breaks.

The only way to not implicate yourself at all is to do nothing (from your point of view as you've said before) and let them both die. Otherwise you are making a moral choice that one should be saved, over the other.

It's kind of more muddied area because Batman is implicated no matter what, as this was just another part of the big crime war he's involved in. And if you think that the Joker was a response to Batman. Whereas the Trolley is just a freak accident and the beginning of the dilemma.
    My hobby is thinking what if movies were really realistic so people messed up more often?

Like what if The Joker really struggled to snap that pool stick in half and it was really embarrassing

Things that clash really tonally
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    would anybody enjoy that if it happened all the time tho?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    no which is why I'm glad it never happens. but I can't help but imagine how it would go if it did
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    another moment like this: when the black dude throws the detonator out of the window, what if he missed
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    apparently they are very protective of their brand because they do not allow FanFiction.net users to post fanfiction of them. I think I said this before tho
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    LOL AND OTHER BRANDS DO??? I wasn't aware you needed the blessing of the company to write fanfic
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    You don't, but FF.net doesn't want any trouble so if peeps request it they just honor it
    this is the worst meme you've created
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    the funny thing is I first thought it up 4 years ago, when i didnt allow myself to entertain such fantasies due to my no avatar rules
    I accidentally rewatched the ending of Half-Life 2 Episode 2

what a colossal mistake that was. fuck. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    same dude. it was so top tier. the story was so great and I loved how the game/story both worked as "what are we going to do RIGHT NOW" and also in terms of seeing the bigger picture as both important.

why was it abandoned though was there ever an official statement

I think the only thing I found was some "fan theory" that it could never live up to expectations so they are not even trying
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    yeah valve has gotten burned sometimes...like there's plenty of people out there who love the universe like us and really love the game at heart, and there's also people that would just meme that it's HL3 and it's not as good as HL2 or something, but the game industry has changed in ways that would probably make an HL2 style game not be that favorably reviewed these days.

And like did you know that somebody leaked the entire HL2 alpha build? So everybody found out the plot like 2 years before the game was made, but it was just a rough build and a lot of plot elements got changed around.

And valve's corporate structure (the only people that work on stuff are people that want to) means that maybe 1 guy wants to work on HL3 but he cant make it himself. Everybody else at the company is too busy becoming millionaires drawing CSGO skins. You half feel sorry for the creators of HL and half just want to rage at how the rest of the company is throwing this away.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Do reviews really matter that much though. I guess I don't really know how badly people want it or if they've already forgotten about it. Gaming sure has changed since 2004 but like games in this same vein such as Portal have been doing well. I'm just not so sure.

Anyway even if they don't do the game I want to know what happens. Like they could finish the story in a comic series or novels or something. I assume they DID plan the story out at least to leave us on such a cliffhanger.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    oh I see. I've only seen the first and third in their entirety. First one is the best 3rd one is kind of like the Return of the Jedi of the series except worse because nothing of real consequence happens
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    i've actually seen the third from them hijacking the train until the end when i was like 6, so i was curious what it was for a long time
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    it is a kind of disappointing ending. they go back in time like 100 years so it's a little too disconnected from everything else in the series
    I was on YouTube in this comment thread about casting Catwoman for the DCEU and why certain choices were good/bad and one guy unironically was like "What about Kylie Jenner for Catwoman? I don't think many people would be upset with that" like totally unironic
    As pointed out by BuzzFeed, a photo has surfaced on Imgur of Gadot and her husband Yaron Versano. In the picture, he's wearing shirt that expresses a very simple message.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah but they enraged me with how dumb they were

this one is dumb but harmless, like it has no angle it literally is just explaining the obvious
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Truth
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    some people got upset that it was putting down other people's wives though. I can kinda understand that
    real question: if the election was rigged/hacked by Russia, isn't that a failure of the Obama administration for not getting it
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    yeah, that's the whole shtick. Not sure why rightwingers are so loudly clamoring that THER IS NO INVESTIGATION LALALALALA HILLARY WANTED TO GO TO WAR WITH RUSSIA when all the intelligences said day 1 that there was evidence the leak was done by people in russia (whether they had help from the state remains unknown)

The trump investigation into russian dealings mixes in but is sort of different. And "trump" is not under investigation, so JAMES COMEY JUST SAID TRUMP WASNT BEING INVESTIGATED! CELEBRATE! FAKE NEWS1! is really true, but the entire campaign is being investigated because mike flynn basically was blackmailed by the russians among other things. The investigation continues.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    But also they didn't "hack" or "rig" the election, it would be an "influence"
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Nice
    CHEER ?! BOII ! girls cheering will only distract these supirior men in battle . with their titties bouncing n shit while they could be washing dishes ! us chicks should only open our disgusting diseaze ritten mouths when something is asked or for blowjobs #peace
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    c'mon bro , you tellin me you werent turned on while watching alien ? bro i dont even have to touch myself during this movie ! it just squirts out by itself
    GatoDelFuego
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    the comment it was replying to was deleted so idk either
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…