Honko
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Are you the guy responsible to the DamageCalc? If so, could you add a feature that makes it so that you could easily calculate the damage 2 different moves could do when used over the course of 2 turns or smth (like how much would heatrans magma storm(that dies on turn 1 after landot kills + ferrothorns power whip (on turn2) do to defensive landot that is holding leftovers)? sorry if explained poorly
    Yo Honko. I'm adding you to the PS credits. Do you want your real name there? If so, what is it?
    Honko
    Honko
    Just list me as Honko, please. Thanks!
    yo, when are you haxing me :p

I'm east coast US. Can play probably late night on tuesday, thursday, friday or on weekend.
    Honko
    Honko
    I'm sad I missed the chance to hax whatever crazy team you would have brought. We should fight for fun sometime.
    Bughouse
    Bughouse
    i think it was like regiking twave spam with sd licki and pinsir and a camerupt and i don't remember the 6th but the team was bad
    dpp nu cup, when can you play ?
    Honko
    Honko
    I'm gmt-7. Can you play Wednesday afternoon, say around 1pm my time?
    Ranshiin
    Ranshiin
    I think yes
    Ranshiin
    Ranshiin
    I'm on in smogtours and ruin of alphs with ranshiin
    why is medicham allowed in dpp nu fuck this thing
    Honko
    Honko
    easily countered by ___
    Disjunction
    Disjunction
    easily countered by switching in haunter on a predicted hjk
    Honko
    Honko
    there you go. balanced.
    if oglemi can't play today i'm subbing myself in over him hmu when ur around so we can see if we can get matchas done
    Just so you know, I'm absolutely willing to explain and discuss changes you find questionable through PM.
    When do you wanna play for this? I'm free at around 7:15 AM and 6-7 PM GMT -5 most weekdays.
    Heysup
    Heysup
    i may be able to find some time around 11:00 AM today on a break if you're around but otherwise that should be OK.
    Heysup
    Heysup
    I will actually be here for the next few hours if you can get on between 9:30 and 11:00 AM.
    Heysup
    Heysup
    Alright, I'm here whenever you're ready.
    wanna do now or soon
    Honko
    Honko
    Oh sorry, can you do in a few hours? Like 2pm gmt-7 (3.5 hours from now)?
    bruno
    bruno
    sure
    Honko
    Honko
    Alright, I'm back now and ready whenever.
    hi we have to play for nupl, when are you avaible? im gmt +2 and i guess weekend would work best for me.
    Honko
    Honko
    Weekend's best for me too this week. I'm gmt-7. Definitely free Sunday, and probably Saturday as well but I need to double-check.
    Honko
    Honko
    It's gonna have to be Sunday. Does 11am my time / 8pm your time work for you?
    amber lamps
    amber lamps
    yea it does
    Your opponent for ADV PU is Z strats, I accidentally misread RivalET's post as a winpost and thus put him in R2 first.
    Yo when adv pu? i'm cest/gmt+2
    RivalET
    RivalET
    is something like 10 pm my time, 1 pm your time on saturday good then? My sunday evenings are a lil' tight u see
    Honko
    Honko
    Yeah, that should work.
    Honko
    Honko
    Could you do a bit earlier on Saturday? Something like 7pm your time, 10am my time?
    hey just a question. in the damage calc why would a move like dual chop have the same % shown as dragon claw despite 2 40 hits =\= 1 80 hit cuz of damage rolls. shouldn't it run the calc for 2 40s instead
    Honko
    Honko
    iirc the summary shows total damage of all hits combined since that's what you usually care about, and the exact rolls for a single hit are shown in parentheses below that for when you want to know the exact numbers. If it's not working correctly talk to Austin, he does all of the development on the calc now.
    Hi Honko! I'm currently writing code for a damage calculator for our school's Computer Science Fair and I have a couple of questions (given that you developed the BW Damage Calculator. What language did you use to write it and how did you catergorize the Pokemon by type so the formulas know what to calculate? Thanks Honko!
    AlbertoZ
    AlbertoZ
    Yeah sorry, it was a bit confusing. I'll try to reword it lol. Currently, I'm asking the user to input the attacker's type, defender's type, and the stats/other modifiers that would factor into the damage. I'm looking to change the code to where it is like the current Showdown calculator where the user simply picks the Pokemon and inputs EVs and IVs along with any items or weather. How did you pull the Pokemon's typing/stats from the dex? I'm not looking to copy your work but rather get an idea of what you did so I have a basis. Here's a link to a screenshot of what I currently have. Thanks again! http://imgur.com/a/3NDD5
    AlbertoZ
    AlbertoZ
    Possibly making a separate javascript file with the Pokemon's stats and typing and then pulling those stats/typing from that file and incorporating it into my javascript file that runs the calculation itself. Not sure if that would work though.
    Honko
    Honko
    I wrote a separate script that makes requests to the same APIs that the dex pages use to populate their data, and then transforms the responses into the data that the calc needs and writes that to files. The calc then uses those files. You can see what those files look like here: https://github.com/Zarel/honko-damagecalc/tree/master/js/data
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…