Smogon Forums

GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
In a place of war, ares is probably stronger. But otherwise doomsday is stronger but still beatable by wonder woman (at least in comics she can bop superman, which you can extrapolate). But idk in DCEU. And lul thats a good question xd.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
That whole climax was just too ridiculous lol. I actually found it somewhat cringeworthy, like I felt embarrassed there in the theater. So many weird cliches being thrown out. Kind of a CGI mess too, but I understand Patty Jenkins doesn't have the same visual style Zack Snyder does.

It was so weird though for a movie that had such tightly written dialogue throughout. TBH they could have just done small contained fight, like just a sword duel or something. No need for all that armor and lightning and stuff lol. Civil War was a recent film that showed you don't really need an over-the-top climax for people to like you. Or even something like The Dark Knight.

IDK why it bugs me so much because usually I am so lenient with things but the climax of Wonder Woman almost ruins the entire thing for me
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
respond tho cuz I really wanna talk about this
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I dunno! I know it was a cliche CGI fight but I really didn't mind it. I think about it in the sense that this god has just spent 3000 years hiding from everybody without a time to show off his powers. And he's the god of war no less! so now he wants to blow stuff up and show diana how powerful he is. His overall goal was to get her on his side, right?

There were other moments I disliked more. Yeah it was a cliche scene but I really didn't find it that damning.