Smogon Forums

GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Reading the comments here honestly made me just unsub from cinemasins. Ppl are given evidence and just toss it off as it's funnnnnnnnny!!!

like lets not kid ourselves. We watch this for free movie content. Not for funnies. I'm done with it tbh
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Dude you've been redpilled af

Yeah CinemaSins sucks now. TBH I agree, there was a point where I just watched them as a quick rundown/summary of the film with some commentary. I think in a sense they even intend that, like they have to find a sin for every X minutes so that they can show the entire continuity of the film.

And it's so dumb 'cause people can just watch that video instead of the actual movie. And they take everything at face value.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I don't know if I told you this story before or if it was just someone else, but I was watching Star Trek Beyond with my brother at home when my uncle's family came over to bring my grandfather some bleach and toilet paper or something. IDK that's not important.

Anyway so my cousin who was 13 at the time saw we were watching the movie. It was a scene where Kirk and the new character Jayla go off a cliff on a motorcycle and get beamed back onto the ship while they're in the air.

And he was like "I saw this on CinemaSins and he said that when they get beamed onto the ship, they should still keep going in the direction they were going."

So I thought about it a bit and I said "maybe beaming technology in Star Trek has a way of stopping your momentum when you get beamed." I don't know if that's true in canon or not, it was just pure speculation on my part. Just using some critical thinking to propose a solution.

And then he just like...freezes. His face is totally neutral and his eyes are darting left and right. Like he's just stunned, he can't say anything. I think he mustered an "ok" or something soft.

The thing is like this wasn't even intended to be a "gotcha!" moment or anything like that, I was straight up just making conversation or theory like I do with you all the time. But he just repeats the shit he sees on CinemaSins and can't even grasp it.

This is literally 11 y/o me saying "I don't like Obama because my dad told me not to"
brightobject
brightobject
we get it hula ur smarter than a13 yr old
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
can you stop being a sarcastic bitch. that isn't the point. I even gave an example of something stupid I said once

i'm just saying it's a bad influence on kids ok
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
on another note you responded to this quite quickly I was surprised. it's like 5 messages down and it's not even 5 mins old yet
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
but you're right in one way, I guess kids will always be influenced by SOMETHING easily that's just how they are

but cinemasins does suck though
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
fucking bitch brightobject how dare you hit and run me
brightobject
brightobject
its like i keep the carrot forever out of reach
Hulavuta
brightobject
brightobject
l how tf do u remember this shit. also look at rotompoison right under that thred
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I agree, btw you've told me that star trek story before.

What convinced me was a vid I saw a few weeks ago of a guy breaking down a cinemasins video and showing how they do interject snarky opinions from their "serious" movie channel reviews into the sins videos. So they lose credibility of being just for funnies xdddd
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I never took it as just a joke anyway. I don't see how you can just point out a supposed plot hole and say "oh that was just a joke". That's not how jokes work.

Also BO I have a pretty good memory. Also I thought that joke was really funny too.
brightobject
brightobject
it is pretty godo, hit holds up. i like how u kept using it on this Xen guy
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
yeah I couldn't break character lol