Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
When they are stuck by CLU’s evil plan and it seems the odds are against him, the son Sam goes a separate way without a clear plan and the father Kevin calls him on his classic Indy ploy:

Kevin Flynn: Wait, what’s your plan?
Sam Flynn: I’m a user, I’ll improvise.

In this scene, there’s an element of free will versus determinism, of human being able to freely choose their path versus having it pre-determined for them. For a world full of Programs who can only act within the constraints of their programmers, Users are powerful indeed. But there’s also a commentary of what role we play in creating the world we want to participate in. We can either participate as people who know they have limitless potential to change their environment or programs that have limited abilities.

The truth is that each of us can choose which to be. “Tron” is the name of a good program that has been re-programmed by the evil CLU. He was completely changed by CLU but at the end of the movie, Tron overcomes his programming and turns on CLU to allow Kevin and Sam to escape. “I fight for the users” is Tron’s original program and he eventually shatters his constraints put on him by CLU. Even for Programs, they can overcome bad programming.

I think this is more explicit n the French translation of Tron Legacy, because the line is different:
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
In the French version, they translated this line to something with this meaning “I’m a designer, I’ll improvise” which I find much more eloquent and powerful, than just “I’m a user” because it suggests the ability to create. In comparison, the English version seems a little weak, but it’s still ok. My brother suggested they put “I’m a mac user” to make more impact :p, I suggested “I’m a beta tester”, “I’m an early adopter”, “I’ll improvise!”. We should ask users to improvise now. Here is the code. Improvise!
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
lmao fuck that vid is so good

I love when people use hack in different contexts