Smogon Forums

Pikachu315111
Pikachu315111
*Shrugs*. GF tends to be on and off mixing different cultures within a region. Unova and Alola had other cultures mixed in with their basis of New York and Hawaii, respectively. However Kalos and Galar stuck pretty strongly to being focused on France and UK, respectively.
Pikachu315111
Pikachu315111
If they made a California region I guess if they decide to stick with the basis or try to mix in other cultures would all depend if GF could find enough interesting places & themes in California or does it need to fill in gaps here and there. Heck, honestly I would be surprised if they wouldn't shrink down all of California into one region, its major cities each being a town/city.
Mova
Mova
i was thinking kantofornia for the pun lol
Mova
Mova
But seriously, I find it interesting that the American regions take influence from more stuff, while the European ones are more like themselves.
Pikachu315111
Pikachu315111
Kantofornia is a good pun, yes. :blobnom: Then again, do we really need more Kanto? As for the American regionshaving more influences than the European, well for Unova and Alola both have their own reasons.
Pikachu315111
Pikachu315111
Unova was meant to be a "melting pot" region, meanwhile Alola has a lot of Japanese influence as a lot of Japanese do live in Hawaii. Now a California region could also have this excuse if they focus on the technology importance it had via Silicon Valley.
Mova
Mova
When i said Kantofornia, the pandering could've been focused on Hoenn, rather than mostly Kanto. But I could imagine something like that having artificial types that humans indirectly made, such as Oil, Elastic, Silicon, Soap, etc.
Mova
Mova