Smogon Forums

IskairDahose
IskairDahose
this gouging fire set is super cheese the normal one is probably better but i really like this. you switch in on eq from lando/tusk then get a free burn on uturn/rapidspin/ice spinner and set up to +6 on a burned mon. i feel like the team has enough strong mons that mono attacking actually works fine on this team.
tera water is sick, fire kills anything that beats you and water beats most things that stop fire.
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
a lot of time i burn the tusk/lando just to switch back out to my own tusk and save my balloon for later
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
im gonna try out your updated bolt set tho. youre right about volt switch i usually go for it and wish i could have done something else instead, and you have to predict the scor to not take an eq
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
one last thing, the val change was HUGE. again it might just be because i'm bad but i get a ton of wins with the val. there are just a ton of dragons running around right now and people seem to have forgotten about val and arent running very good checks. tera electric owns goldengo (and thunderclap) and thats a lot of people's answer to val atm
Jokler
Jokler
The problem I have with replacing Tail is that the team becomes too weak to opposing Fairies, and Ground types. Otherwise Val is a pretty good mon to add on any team.
Jokler
Jokler
Also that Gouging Fire set seems pretty matchup fishy for my liking but I can't deny, it's incredibly strong vs teams whose answer is Headlong Rush Tusk which would be admittedly be a decent amount of teams . The problem I have is that it's walled by mons like Raging Bolt, Kyurem etc. which it destroyed before.
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
True i think the team has enough other answers for bolt and kyurem tho. and it is SUPER fishy but in my use the teams it doesnt work against get destroyed by the rest of the team. val helps with kyurem and bolt especially. the fairy weakness you mentioned is real, but one good tera (tusk or bolt) and youre good. the balloon helps with ground, and like i said you can get a burn on them when they go to pop it.
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
gouge set is definitely for fun haha, it puts in work though. it helps make up for the defense lost by switching out scream. i kept getting set up on with scream and either couldnt get the encore off or couldnt always take advantage of it. either way the team is sick. i might try out the banded set gouge you posted on the val version as well.
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
most people see the balloon and assume you're a set up sweeper (especially since you get proto speed) not bulwark. since bulwark would usually do better with boots or lefties, then it catches them off guard
IskairDahose
IskairDahose
i started a new alt to see what i can do with it so far 7/0 i'll get back to you if i get to a decent rank. if i dont, assume im ass and couldnt do it LOL
IskairDahose
IskairDahose