1st Annual BSS Secret Santa

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Approved by cant say and the gang

Building Deadline: January 1

How to join: So, I'm pretty sure that most of you know what the concept of Secret Santa is, it's basically anonymous gift giving; in our case all the gifts are all replaced with Pokemon teams, think of it as a Teambuilding Workshop only everyone asks for and contributes teams, and it's all anonymous (until the very end). If you'd like to join in on the fun, make sure to send me a private message on Smogon writing about what core you'd like somebody to build around and a simple reply to this message. Please feel free to drop a post saying anything here in this thread to let others know that you will be participating, just remember if you don't send me that PM I'll pretend you don't exist! Sending in a request also means that you'll be building around someone else's core as well, so please don't sign up if you're not going to actually be able to finish the team, because you're just making things less enjoyable for others as well as making things more difficult for me. So please, don't do that! Anyways, once we reach the sign up deadline you'll get a PM from me containing the core you'll need to build around, which upon completion you'll need to send back to me. Yup, it's as simple as that!

General Rules:-The request/finished team must be sent via forum PM to me,Broken Phobias-Letting me know on Discord/IRC/ won't do the trick!

-Do NOT tell anybody what request you got, or what request you sent - Please don't do this it's called Secret Santa for a reason

-You may change your request at any time, until sign ups deadline - So you don't have to tear your hair out thinking of something. However, Once the deadline for sign ups has transpired, it'll be too late for any changes!

-Get your team done!!! - As I've already said, don't join if you can't actually finish your team in time. there is someone else trying hard to finish the the team that you have requested, so try to respect their effort as well as the person whose request you received.

-If you want to be really awesome and cover up for any stupid slackers feel free to send me a PM!

-Just so everyone knows a BSS core is made up 3 Pokemon no more than that though.

-And please don't be afraid to join in, if you don't think your team building skills are good enough, I'm always there to help, so send me updates when you feel like it.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
Signups are over and I will be PMing everyone their cores to build around within the next 24 hours. Once you have finished building your said team reply below and make sure to tag who its for.

You must submit teams by January 2nd or we will all be sad :(

When Doing so you need the following:an Importable Version, a Brief description, Replay's are encouraged but optional

Hey Megazard, i'm ur Secret Santa! here's the team around Strength Sap Jumpluff you requested, its honestly pretty fun.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Strength Sap

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Leftovers
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Revelation Dance

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast / Toxic Spikes

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt

Had a couple of issues initially trying to find good partners to build a core for a starting point but I wanted to capitalise on its ability to beat Ferroseed 1v1 and then I realised Oricorio-Pom Pom is a cheerleader too so I had to go with that. Next I wanted a real Fighting check since both Jumpluff and Pom Pom are kinda iffy and don't like Stone Edge/Ice Punch etc so I went with Weezing as it does the job well and can also check Stone Edge Archeops which troubled the core. Also, the last move on Weezing was a bit of a toss up between Fire Blast, TSpikes and Tbolt but I opted to go with Fire Blast because I wasn't too keen on having Jumpluff as my only measure for Ferroseed but I guess it's down to preference. After that I knew Jynx was a huge issue too so I went with Metang as the rocker because it offers a great Ice resist as well as being a decent Normal and Psychic check. Clefairy was added since it works great against Magmortar and other Fire Types as well as against Drampa which can absorb Jumpluff's Leech Seeds. Lastly, I was weak to things like Belly Drum Zangoose and Shell Smash Carracosta and I was also without a Z-Move so I thought Alolan Persian would be a great fit since Z-Parting Shot is great for healing up Weezing and Metang and it can check the two previously mentioned threats with Foul Play. Overall, the aim of the team is to Toxic everything and make Jumpluff super annoying to deal with, here is some replays were it kinda works:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673047508
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673048887
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673053000

Hope you enjoy the team and Merry Christmas!

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyways, once we reach the sign up deadline you'll get a PM from me containing the core you'll need to build around, which upon completion you'll need to send back to me.
Once you have finished building your said team reply below and make sure to tag who its for.
I'm a little confused... do we PM you the teams once we're done, or post them here? Or both?

But wouldn't people then know who made what team? Isn't the point of a secret santa that no one knows who did what?
I second this point. I clearly understand the instructions Broken Phobias posted, but it is supposed to be a surprise. The core I recieved I could easily crank out a good team for by the weekend, and it would kill the surprise tbh.

So then couldn't everyone PM their team to Broken Phobias and then he can make a post with all of them and what we said? I feel like if everyone has it done by a certain date then a big post with all the teams would be the best way to go about this, keeping the secret part a secret and still letting everyone access other teams as well

edit: I'm pretty sure in secret santa that you eventually find out who got you your gift. I don't like the idea that we should keep who made the teams a secret, because after all this is some hard work for us and credit is nice where credit is due

BP

Beers and Steers
To be honest I am totally okay with whatever you guys would like to do since it's your project! I'm willing to compile all the descriptions and posts together into one big post if that's what you really want but of course I do agree with Dog Knees and I feel it is certainly easier to build a team and just post it in this thread. If it's a team you can crank out then why not go into a little more depth with your description like a threat list and usage tips. This is just a suggestion and I will remain open with whatever you guys think is best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)