SV OU 1st attempt on a team by Xoomama.

First and foremost, I just want to say thank you to Mimikyu Stardust for letting me use some of their team members. I am grateful to them for allowing me to finally make a, albeit, a small mark on the Smogon community.

AND LET US START
Teambuilding process (to help people with their own teambuilding processes as well.)
:Skeledirge:I was thinking on an SVOU HO team centered around Skeledirge and was heavily unsure whether on my choices, I chose Skeledirge because it was a personal favourite and has capabilities to wall fighting and other attackers.

:Garganacl: I needed a defensive pivot and I went with Garg because of Salt Cure and its bulk.

:Glimmora: I needed a good lead and went back to Mimikyu's HO RMT. Specifically the 120% Potential one. Glimmora is an excellent lead and why Mimikyu chose it is because of access to Toxic Debris and Stealth Rock. It has good special attack but it is very frail. I pasted Mimikyu's Glimmora onto my team as I chose the next mon.

:Hatterene: Again, another mon that belongs to Mimikyu that I shamelessly put on my team, but I needed a way to break some fat, especially Dondozo and other bulky mons, so I ran Mimikyu's build on Hattrene.

:Ogerpon-Wellspring: I added Ogerpon because I wanted to have a Physical sweeper to maybe set the playing field for the last pokemon on this team. I ran the Swords Dance set on Smogon's Competitive Dex.

AND LASTLY, THE DARK LORD ARISES FROM THE SHADOWS

:Kingambit: Kingambit is, objectively, the best end-game pokemon there is. I added it as a contingency if the others fall. Also, I find it quite silly and affection won me over. This is the last pokemon I borrowed from Mimikyu.

:Skeledirge::Garganacl::Glimmora::Hatterene::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Kingambit: COMPLETE!

Team Overview

Skeledirge
Role

Skeledirge is the Special Sweeper in the team. I used it on Ubers against Koraidon and other staples of the meta. It can threaten Rillaboom and Slowking-Galar, while being bulky enough to survive potentially killing moves, in conjunction with Assault Vest. You could use Hyper Voice instead of Tera Blast, but that instead means that you can't hit Dark types. The build used is from Smogon, so credits to them.
BUILD
Tortillachos (Skeledirge) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball

Garganacl
Role

I chose this to absorb some attacks and deal damage to Water and Steel types. It has impressive bulk which can be doubled with Iron Defense. Salt Cure can threaten Water and Steel types. I put on recover to regain health and Body Press to deal serious damage. Tera Water negates all its weaknesses except Fighting and Grass. I considered Assault Vest but I ran with leftovers instead.
Senshi (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

Glimmora
Role
I noticed Glimmora seems to perform well in the current metagame as a suicide lead, because of Toxic Debris, Bulk and Speed, I picked this as my lead and copy pasted this Glimmora build as I felt it was the most viable one. Focus Sash allows Glimmora to set up 2 Toxic Debris on physical attackers while Power Gem and Earth Power is really good. Power Gem hits Lando-T for neutral damage paired with its good Sp.Atk, can lower it down to red. For Steel-types with a immunity to Mortal Spin, Earth Power is a really good coverage move for it.​

down under (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

Hatterene
Role
Hatterene is my go-to fatbreaker way before I read Mimikyu's RMT. Athough I hope that Draining Kiss is buffed, It's damage is pretty solid when paired with 2x SpA. Hatterene is sufficiently bulky, on the physical side, and its damage output really hurts some mons with decent to terrible SpD, even without 2x SpA from C-Mind it can remove frail threats such as Cinderace, Clodsire(Psyshock), and in some cases, Dondozo.

sponge (Hatterene) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Ogerpon-Wellspring
Role
I wanted a physical sweeper that I just went with this. It actually is really good, even without utility like encore, it threatens Lando-T, Great Tusk and Iron Treads, and more. Ogerpon-Wellspring's Embody Aspect makes it less frail when tera, Horn Leech makes it stay longer, with Ivy Cudgel being its best move. Its still decent even though it's intimidated, doing decent damage just enough ko some frail to decent defensive mons. Play Rough then hits some dangerous foes like Walking Wake and etc.(i cant trust myself with building ogerpon it suffers from 4 move syndrome, i think.)
tears of joy (Ogerpon-Wellspring) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Play Rough /Horn Leech

Kingambit
Role
The last stand. Its pretty frail, but what makes up for it, is Sucker Punch, Swords Dance and Leftovers. Tera Fighting+Low Kick makes some crazy damage if the other mons are all fainted. Its good against Deoxys-S, Corviknight(boosted stats+fallen:5+tera fighting low kick) and Ogerpon-Wellspring(boosted stats+fallen:5, iron head) Combining all these factors, Kingambit is sure to be a threat against whatever is in its way.
NOSLEEPTILBROOKLYN (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Threats
Since this team is VERY similar to Mimikyu Stardust's(dont worry i asked him) There are some similar threats. one of which are these two.
:skeledirge: :toxapex:
Best way to counter these two is Garganacle, but I cant be sure against Toxapex.

thats all for now, this team is very experimental right now and this is all subject to change. stay tuned for a 2.0!

Replays:file:///C:/Users/Franchesco%20Pagobo/Downloads/Gen9OU-2024-04-25-armandoestasilla-akaryuen.html
Team:https://pokepast.es/2a7cb71f37c6090e

(shout out to mimikyu for reaching out)

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Yo, crazy team you have here!
Building hyper offense around a slow pokemon is pretty unorthodox and I wonder if you might be better off going with more bulky offense or switching up your HO to something like trick room.

Click the teams to get the paste for imports

Option 1: Bulky offense :Skeledirge::Skarmory::Great Tusk::Hatterene::Ogerpon-Wellspring::Kingambit:
Skeledirge is now a more defensive set but can still deal damage while soaking hits. Garganacl has been swapped out for Skarmory. Still helps against the same stuff as before but also gives spikes and is immune to spikes. Glimmora has been replaced with Great Tusk so it can come in more than once, but is still a solid lead. The rest stays the same

Option 2: Trick Room :Skeledirge::Glimmora::Hatterene::Ursaluna::Kingambit::Cresselia:
Here is a more for-fun team that uses your idea of offensive Skeledirge. Trick room hatterene and Cresselia with healing wish and Lunar Blessing allow for your slow strong pokemon to have a couple chances to sweep. Glimmora is still your hazard lead but if you face opposing hazards try to keep it alive to spin or use hatterene to block. This team will be unusual to play but could be very cool

I hope you try these out and enjoy them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)