2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City spent £50m on a right back, £50m on a left back, and now £27m on a backup right back to sit on the bench! At what point does football become so detached from reality that people just stop watching it?

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
€180m is a risk, but one worth taking IMO. Mbappe is arguably the most promising young striker since El Fenomeno and has tons of upside - not to mention he's only 18. Considering Madrid won a double last season and is off-loading deadweight, overpaying is the least of their worries.

Meanwhile Barca is reportedly looking to buy a washed out Brazillian player playing in China (Paulinho) and Coutinho, - a good player in his own right but not at all the type of CM we need - as a last ditch effort to convince Neymar to stay. Absolutely pathetic Barca has stooped to that level.

Perez is running circles around Barca's inept board, which is truly a shame considering the club has been gifted the best player of all-time in the prime of his career.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
im hearing that mbappe is going to madrid for 180m euro, what the fuck football
Due to some shitty Spanish law regarding Monaco and some other tax havens, Monaco would have to pay 19% (44 million) of the price to the Tax Agency, so there are rumors that Real Madrid would actually have to pay the tax instead.

money talks bro, he's taking home £500k a week after tax is what i heard
Yeah but he's hardly on peanuts at Barca. What is an extra 200k per week going to add to his already wealthy self? Going to play in a one team league (Monaco doesn't count since they just sold half their team) is hardly challenging at this stage of his career.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Arsene Wenger on Sanchez - "My decision is clear - he will stay and he will respect that."

Do you think it's worth it for Arsenal to hang on to Sanchez, and let him leave for free in a year, or is it better to pocket ~£50m now, and try and replace him with that money?

MSN had more end product tho.

Back to Neymar, while he is great, his decision-making on the pitch still leaves much to be desired especially when he is desperate to score. Lost count of the number of times he killed attacks by poor decisions.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Arsene Wenger on Sanchez - "My decision is clear - he will stay and he will respect that."

Do you think it's worth it for Arsenal to hang on to Sanchez, and let him leave for free in a year, or is it better to pocket ~£50m now, and try and replace him with that money?
With that money it is highly unlikely that Arsenal will be able to get a player as good as Sanchez that can take them to the Champions League this season, which is their objective. Being part of the Champions League is the main way of attracting top players, so if having Sanchez will help Arsenal return to the CL for next year, then it will be worth it. If not... they'll just have to rebuild long term by getting lesser known players, so the loss of money shouldn't matter that much. It feels like they just need to take this risk.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is anyone interested in doing a Smogon Fantasy Football draft league? I can set one up and we can have the draft somepoint this week, like weds/thurs evening or something - if you can't make the draft you can still put preferences of who you want so it will pick the right ones for you

Is anyone interested in doing a Smogon Fantasy Football draft league? I can set one up and we can have the draft somepoint this week, like weds/thurs evening or something - if you can't make the draft you can still put preferences of who you want so it will pick the right ones for you
If you set it up, I'm in.

Rowan

The professor?
tagging people who may be interested (sorry :toast:)
sassyaccident phalanx No Luck Involved fitzy72 shade

draft leagues won't show up on your reg leagues, so you don't have to ruin your street cred by being in a smogon league, looking at you shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)