DOU 2017 Doubles Invitational Top 16

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

Welcome to the 2017 Doubles Invitationals.

This the conclusion of the Doubles Circuit where the Top 16 players throughout the year duke it out in one final event to crown a new Circuit Champion​

Doubles Invitational Top 16
(below playoff art by Blazenix)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_Frania_vs_miltankmilk_animated.gif

(1) Frania vs miltankmilk (16)

Doubles_Invitational_R1_Stax_vs_qsns_animated.gif

(2) stax vs qsns (15)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_Demantoid_vs_Level51_animated.gif

(3) Demantoid vs Level 51 (14)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_Majorbowman_vs_Akaru_kokuyo_animated.gif

(4) MajorBowman vs Akaru Kokuyo (13)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_SMB_vs_Matt_animated.gif

(5) SMB vs Matt (12)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_Croven_vs_Yellow_Paint_animated.gif

(6) Croven vs Yellow Paint (11)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_Marilli_vs_nvakna_animated.gif

(7) marilli vs nvakna (10)
Doubles_Invitational_R1_Z_Strats_vs_AuraRayquaza_animated.gif

(8) Z strats vs AuraRayquaza (9)

The bracket is also available here http://challonge.com/douinvites17

Should go without saying but dont forget to post replays as usual like all of our circuit events you have played in

Also be sure to post match times here so we can watch games live!

The Invitational will be played under Single Elimination Best of 3 USUM Doubles OU

Deadline: Sunday 12/17 11:59pm EST (GMT -5)

Last edited:
Predictions

(2)stax vs qsns(15)
tough call here, both great players but I think qsns' determination to use mons below tier 4 might cost him.
(3)Demantoid vs Level 51(14)
I will rarely pick against Demantoid, but this is the set I'm most excited for because of the teams we'll see out of it.
(4)MajorBowman vs Akaru Kokuyo(13)
Jake's one of the best around and he wields meta(gamedefining)gross as well as anyone.
(5)SMB vs Matt(12)
If SMB is able to identify the 3rd most likely pokemon to have a Band or Specs, then realize its the one actually holding them, he should be able to win.
(6)Croven vs Yellow Paint(11)
(7)marilli vs nvakna(10)
marilli is in a self-proclaimed rut at the moment. He's as good as anyone here but if he's in one of those tilted phases of the game, nvakna should be able to capitalize
Croven is a very consistent player and once he has the handle on a meta he's tough to stop, his winrate in circuit was also wild
(8)Z strats vs AuraRayquaza(9)
Auraray is one of the most dedicated players in our community as far as building and playing, been very consistent lately and I expect him to win.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I've set up a predictions bracket for the tournament! Fill in your predictions here. The highest-scoring user who owns a copy of SM or USUM will win a Gold Bottle Cap :)

To players: please leave a couple days for everyone to fill in their predictions! I'll be closing the form after the first battle is played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)