Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Is there any possibility that we could see the damage calculator in mobile form as an app or something like that? As it is, it's pretty difficult to use on a mobile device, and it'd be nice to have it in your hand as you're battling so you aren't constantly switching between windows in your browser. It'd also be nice if you're teambuilding away from your computer: Like, if I'm early to class, I can sit for like ten minutes and teambuild until class starts without having to be at my computer. A downloadable version of the calculator (that just tries to auto-update itself with new sets/information on launch maybe?) would just make life easier.

Obviously this isn't like an important bug or anything that absolutely needs to be fixed right now immediately, so it's not high priority, but it'd be nice to have eventually? :] I have no idea how hard that would be on your end to make though, so I'm sorry if this is a silly request.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update:
I added non-damaging moves to the calc to help with knowing exactly what moves a Pokemon has for their common move set
Any chance we're going to get only the damaging moves listed like the nuggetbridge calc? I don't think people are interested to see how much damage Calm Mind is going to do to an opponent and having 4 common damaging moves greatly reduces the amount of times we have to input a move that's not on the set. Thanks!

Any chance we're going to get only the damaging moves listed like the nuggetbridge calc? I don't think people are interested to see how much damage Calm Mind is going to do to an opponent and having 4 common damaging moves greatly reduces the amount of times we have to input a move that's not on the set. Thanks!
I mean, I'd rather see what the common set carries so that I can avoid being Thunder Waved if the rest of the game depends on my being able to outspeed. It's also useful in being able to figure out what common set they are: If you're going quickly and want to see what moves Swords Dance Gliscor is likely to carry (Does it usually have Roost? Or is it Taunt?), then seeing which status moves it carries is much more valuable than seeing what, say, Aerial Ace from that probably 1% of Gliscor does. Because we break each mon down into multiple sets, all you have to do is change which set you're looking at to see what a different move does.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I mean, I'd rather see what the common set carries so that I can avoid being Thunder Waved if the rest of the game depends on my being able to outspeed. It's also useful in being able to figure out what common set they are: If you're going quickly and want to see what moves Swords Dance Gliscor is likely to carry (Does it usually have Roost? Or is it Taunt?), then seeing which status moves it carries is much more valuable than seeing what, say, Aerial Ace from that probably 1% of Gliscor does. Because we break each mon down into multiple sets, all you have to do is change which set you're looking at to see what a different move does.
Sorry to say this but if you're looking at the calc to find common sets, you're not going to have a great time. A lot of sets in there are really outdated. Not to mention you're not going to look at a mon and say "oh yeah, that's a twave set!" before it reveals anything about its set, so in the end you're not getting anything out of it. SD Gliscor is also a terrible example since both taunt and roost are common with it. How is a calculator going to help you in this instance? I just checked to see which one it displays, and it turns out SD Gliscor isn't even on there LOL. But yeah let's just pretend like there is, for conversation's sake and it displays Roost. Are you just going to take the calculator's word for it? Yeah, no.

Meanwhile, there are sets like Tail Glow + 3 Attack (that's the set name in the calc) Manaphy, which usually run Tail Glow and Scald and two of Psychic, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam. But oh no I need to know that Manaphy runs Tail Glow! No. Put Scald, Psychic, Energy Ball, and Ice Beam, so that a lot of us don't need to bother inputting what isn't there (which is apparently Psychic).

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to say this but if you're looking at the calc to find common sets, you're not going to have a great time. A lot of sets in there are really outdated.
There are a decent amount of pokemon that have exactly what sets they have on smogon on the calc. From when I first started working on the sets for the calc (around September) I added whatever updated sets that got uploaded to smogon to the calc, Twitter helped a lot with this. There are over 700 pokemon and updating them all is quite a lot of work, but if you have any pokemon that you think desperately need a set update feel free to pm me

I haven't checked to see if this has been suggested, but for the mass calc modes, would it eventually be possible to use custom lists? Like if I were to create a list for a custom meta I could import that list into the calculator and only see those pokemon/sets and use that to find EV benchmarks and what not. Even for standard metas it could be really handy if you decide that relying on the smogon sets that have been imported isn't quite what you're after.

idk, just an idea, something I've been thinking about for a while now lol

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I know the thread specifically mentions 6th gen calculator, but since it supports all gens I don't see a better place to post about this.

The import team feature only works for ORAS, for my SPL RSE games I still do the old thing of keeping 6 tabs open with the spread and moveset of each of my pokemons, would be very handy to be able to use the import team feature.

For RSE, for some reason the text output doesn't show the EV spread and nature of the attacking and defending mons (looks like GSC). This is a huge annoyance when doing calcs for other people, or when someone pastes a calc for you.

It looks like this:
Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. Swampert: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. Swampert: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 84.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And it should look like this:
252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 84.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tagging Honko :3

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can we have the amount of recoil damage dealt to the user by attacks like Double Edge? It'd be really useful.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
in my spl game vs. earthworm the other day, i did an attack vs exeggutor that registered as 17% damage. on the PS! damage calc, said attack said it'd deal a maximum of 16.7% damage. however if exeggutor uses HP fire, 17% becomes a roll that you can hit.

Nidoking Earthquake vs. Exeggutor: 56-66 (14.2 - 16.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery (regular egg)
Nidoking Earthquake vs. Exeggutor: 58-69 (15.7 - 18.6%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery (hp fire egg)

it'd be cool to have some mouseover option on the calc that says "displays as 14%-17%". i played with the assumption that the opposing exeggutor was hp fire until its moveset was revealed.

(also please implement the old gamut-calc feature where DVs are automatically set for hidden powers)

Hi, I just have a small request. Could the damage calc account for an automatic -2 stat drop from a move, such as Draco Meteor or Leaf Storm? For example:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 204-242 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

is not a clean 2HKO. Not a huge issue and can be figured out manually, doing a -2 stat drop myself etc, but it would be helpful especially in situation to see if a Latios Draco Meteor 2HKOs X threat after SR, when adding Leftovers recovery, etc. I think this has been done before, I wanna say the gamut calc did it, but it's no big deal if it would be too tough to do.

Can someone working on the Damage Calc Please add in the Field area a Button for Dark and Fairy Aura and Aura Break... It's impossibly to see the damage of a Mega Houndoom's Dark Pulse on the field with both Groudon and Yveltal without it. and I'm sure there are other scenarios in which it's needed on the field like Adaptability knock off on Crawdaunt where the opposing mon's ability is nessesary in the damage calc like Fur coat. so can the Aura abilities please have an in field button?

Low-priority but presumably simple request:

Can you add support for Soul Dew on Mega Latias and Mega Latios? Obviously impossible in standard play, but the Soul Dew boost for the Megas reflects (hacked) in-game behavior and it becomes relevant for OMs like Balanced Hackmons and the current Leader's Choice OM, Megamons. Currently you can imitate the boost by manually putting Special Attack and Special Defense at +1, but it would still be nice to correctly support the item.

Thanks c:

Discovered a bug: the calculator doesn't account for Dry Skin recovery in heavy rain, nor does it account for the damage taken while Desolate Land is active.

First time posting, hope this is in the right area. It appears that the damage calculator is no longer working properly (specifically, it is not recalculating Special Atk and Spe when switching from choice specs to c. scarf for porygon-Z builds). I have noticed this for several days (sometimes is works properly, sometimes not). See my snapshots below. I discovered this while running some calculations for the Flash Clash. I wanted to find out if my Haxorus could beat a Porygon-Z if it were to use either its Specs or Scarfed set. Since the numbers did not recalculate, this made my task very difficult. Perhaps I am using the damage calc. wrong? Either way, a fix to the problem or some pointers on how to use it correctly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
pk2.PNG
pk1.PNG

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
T.U.C., you're in the right place. In those screenshots it looks to me like the calc is working just fine though. The damage is boosted appropriately for Specs compared to Scarf. The stats themselves don't change in the display, but that's always been the case and it's intentional. Different items have their boosts applied at different points in the damage formula, so showing the boosts being applied to the stats themselves would not always be accurate to how damage is calculated.

Honko can you implement Psywave when you have the chance? It's a really niche move, but it actually sees use on Bronzong sometimes and it'd be nice to be able to calc it as it is difficult to do manually.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about showing what a Pokémon's stats would be after a boost? That way for example, I could know how many Speed EVs I'd need to run on Aggron to outpace Floatzel after a Rock Polish?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about showing what a Pokémon's stats would be after a boost? That way for example, I could know how many Speed EVs I'd need to run on Aggron to outpace Floatzel after a Rock Polish?
Look 2 posts before yours. I think Honko actually addressed this already, if I'm understanding your request correctly. Apparently, the damage calc does not show stat changes by design. I would still appreciate having a calc that was able to show stat changes from items and boosts. That would make some research much easier and quicker than doing it manually. Plus I like the idea of a one-stop-shop: being able to use the PS damage calc for everything. But, you can't always get what you want. lol.

Last edited:
Would it be too much of a hassle to implement a Wonder Room option. I know it seems like a gimmick but I thought it'd be worth asking because the calc already has Foresight, Gravity, and all the terrains which people also don't use very often, if at all. When I was using a mon with wonder room to switch things up, I had to switch up the stats manually, and it become a very tedious task, so that's why I'm asking. I can understand if it won't be implemented though.

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know the thread specifically mentions 6th gen calculator, but since it supports all gens I don't see a better place to post about this.

The import team feature only works for ORAS, for my SPL RSE games I still do the old thing of keeping 6 tabs open with the spread and moveset of each of my pokemons, would be very handy to be able to use the import team feature.

For RSE, for some reason the text output doesn't show the EV spread and nature of the attacking and defending mons (looks like GSC). This is a huge annoyance when doing calcs for other people, or when someone pastes a calc for you.

It looks like this:
Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. Swampert: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. Swampert: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 84.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And it should look like this:
252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 143-169 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- 84.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tagging Honko :3
Geeze I did this all the way back in February when you asked but just remembered, anyway did

speaking of damage calculators, can we expect to have a gen7 calc integrated into the current one (the one that gets linked by doing /calc from ps)? Currently the only one I know of is this one http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/ and its a real pain to use because it is automatically set to doubles, and every mon is level 50 unless you change it, and the automatic sets are doubles sets. Its just a real pain, especially when you need the other calc as well for non-gen7 tiers.

Austin

Schismatic
speaking of damage calculators, can we expect to have a gen7 calc integrated into the current one (the one that gets linked by doing /calc from ps)? Currently the only one I know of is this one http://jake-white.github.io/VGC-Damage-Calculator/ and its a real pain to use because it is automatically set to doubles, and every mon is level 50 unless you change it, and the automatic sets are doubles sets. Its just a real pain, especially when you need the other calc as well for non-gen7 tiers.
This has been done for a while (besides Z moves, because I've been very busy)
Edit: the version is probably live you can check if it's a cache issue by opening the calc in an incognito tab or by clearing your cache.

If you still see the old calc, you need to delete your browser cache. (Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + R in most browsers).

Had a post typed but it got deleted, so i'll be brief

- Alolan Muk is missing, I noticed other Alolan mons, idk if anything else is missing
- Z-Moves please! A button that you can press to see the z-move damage rather than regular damage seems like an ok way to implement these. Data is already on the simulator, maybe that can be transferred to the calc?
- If I highlight a move by clicking on it and it isn't the strongest move (which gets auto-highlighted), I want it to stay on the move I clicked if I change an EV or something like that (currently it keeps switching back to the friggin strongest attack, which I usually don't give a shit about). Really a pain in the butt to have to keep reclicking for the detailed info when I am figuring out spreads, and I know this bothers other people too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)