A Game Of Thrones (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner

Source

Round 2
  • Each bracket will be decided in a best of 3. Changes to the team may only be made by the winner once the round has been completed.
  • Only the winners of each bracket will move onward to the next round.
  • The winner must be able to prove their victories with a battle video code (or their opponent's confirmation, if the code is unavailable).
The absolute deadline for this round is once again in two weeks (6th November). It is encouraged to plan and complete the battles early, to avoid last minute delays.
Standard Rules:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Users currently on the Wi-Fi Blacklist aren't allowed to participate.
  • The complete set of Tournament Rules can be found here.
Specific Rules:
  • The battles are 6on6, and will be played at level 50.
  • The battles fall under the Kalos Rules, which means that no ORAS exclusive introductions are allowed.
  • The King: Every player is required to run a Tangrowth on their team. The set is up to them, and can be changed after each round.
  • The Pawns: The other five slots are limited to Pokemon from NU and below (EXCEPTIONS: Mega Audino and Cosplay Pikachu are banned, due to the Kalos Rules). They can be changed after each round. All NU clauses and bans (Baton Pass, Drizzle, etc.) are in place for these slots.
  • Once a player's King is knocked out, that player automatically loses. Whatever happens subsequently in the battle doesn't influence the outcome, so either player may forfeit the battle immediately after.
Tournament procedure:
  • Match-ups will be randomly generated for each round.
  • The battles are best of 3. Changes to the team may only be made once the round has been completed.
  • This is a single elimination tournament, so only the winners may proceed to the next round.
  • In the case of a disconnection, the player who disconnected will forfeit the match, unless the winner grants a replay.
Prizes:
  • The winner of this tournament may request a custom banner drawn by either FellFromtheSky or me (Cretacerus).
  • The second place may request for a custom banner drawn by the other artist.
Abomasnow
Aggron
Archeops
Audino (Mega) Banned by Kalos Rules
Aurorus
Barbaracle
Charizard
Claydol
Combusken
Cradily
Electivire
Ferroseed
Garbodor
Gastrodon
Golurk
Gurdurr
Hariyama
Haunter
Hitmonchan
Jynx
Kabutops
Kangaskhan
Kecleon
Klinklang
Lanturn
Liepard
Lilligant
Ludicolo
Magmortar
Malamar
Manectric
Mantine
Mesprit
Miltank
Mismagius
Musharna
Omastar
Piloswine
Pinsir
Poliwrath
Primeape
Pyroar
Quagsire
Regirock
Rhydon
Rotom
Samurott
Sandslash
Scyther
Shiftry
Skuntank
Steelix
Swellow
Tauros
Torterra
Trevenant
Vileplume
Vivillon
Weezing
Xatu
Zangoose

Round 1 Extensions:
[Bracket 1]: locoghoul vs Shad0wBlazze

Round 2 Brackets:
Mattapod vs Nelson Tangela
Loki669 vs si.tole
Winterclaw vs xxxasaruxxx
locoghoul vs Cretacerus

Last edited:
it's time for me to say goodbye to GOT Tournament, lost to Loki669 in the good battle (2-0). For the battle-video loki669 can provided it. at least i moved to the second round. i hope i can follow the next tournament

I do not have the battle videos for my win agianst si.tole
Because every round was won by disconnect round one dc 1-0
Second round dc i offered to have another battle or to push our fight untill the next day for hopefully a better connection but si.tole said this was the best night for him so we did another round
Round 3 was dc 2-0 and si.stole called it in my favor saying his internet wouldnt be getting better
If any proof is needed it is on my profile we only talked threw comments

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
So locoghoul and I had some fun matches on Halloween. His team was really scary to face, and was able to pressure me offensively to the extend where I wasn't able to set up Stealth Rocks in any of the matches (as far as I recall). Aurorus and Magmortar seemed to be his Kryptonite in this match-up, though, and ultimately managed to pull me through. ^^

Game 1: Cretacerus - Was quite surprised that Specs Mesprit had the potential to OHKO/2HKO everything on my team including AV Magmortar, and I was basically saved by a low roll on the second hit.
Game 2: locoghoul - I got disconnected mid-battle, but at that point was at such a disadvantage that he would have probably won either way.
Game 3: Cretacerus - The game changer was Hitmonchan staying in against Mesprit and weakening it sufficiently while it set up Stealth Rocks.

Didn't get the chance to save the replays, unfortunately, since I was playing on my Y version, so hopefully locoghoul will be able to provide them. Here are the two teams anyway:

vs.

Last edited:
Won against 2-0 xxxasaruxxx.
Fun games, thanks for battles mate!

1st game; 6THW-WWWW-WW54-VA67 Good overall game, Didnt expect my Slash do this better.
2nd game; ZEWG-WWWW-WW54-VA8J Miltank really shine in this match took 4 of enemy team. Maybe beacuse i didnt use her on 1st match :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)