**a job for an artist**

Since it sounds like the koffing idea may need some revising, I'll mess with it a bit and post some more results.

Glad you like it, though!

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thats an awesome koffing you got there, but i really think 3 "waves" would look better than 2 (its usually displayed that way)

but yeah wicked concept dude very original

fixes/changes:

"A dressed-up Koffing."

i really think 3 "waves" would look better than 2 (its usually displayed that way)
Well, take a look and tell me what you think:

"Three-wave Koffing"

Also, my other idea seems to have suffered a bit in shrinking to the requested size, but here it is anyway:

"Electivire as a conduit for trades."
It made more sense conceptually, (since Electabuzz evolves in D/P when traded) but... I probably didn't pull it off as well as the other one.

I gave this image (as well as the first Koffing design) a logo treatment, (one color palette, attempted simpler shapes) since I assumed they would be coupled with big title text. However, that treatment doesn't seem like that was what we're looking for here, so if we need to see a spruced-up Electivire, no problem.

nice shit zracknel; i think that the first dressed up koffing would work best. the three-wave one looks a bit busy, and the electrivire one looks great but i don't think it would work well for this purpose, or match the site's look well. you're a great artist though, i like your style dude. keep it up.

Both of those are pretty awesome; the idea behind Electivire is great but I think that Wifi Koffing's sheer coolness wins me over in the end.

Weezing is two(ish) Koffings connected together, right? Perhaps it could be used for another good Wifi picture. Just an idea.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh wow, reading Bayou's post, i just had a great idea.

What if the two heads of Weezing, facing opposite directions, sent wireless emissions, while the links between them were link cables?

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Make the "waves" of the 3-wave one about as big as the one with the 2 waves and you're set.

edit: it's also cool to finally see someone making use of illustrator instead of ps here.
edit2: i also like the "simpler version" more than the one with the extra shading

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
i like the shaded one. 3 wave koffing is good

electivire is a great concept and you did a good job with it but i dont think it would work on the page

I belive To add to the Koffing you could try to show that you can link to countries all over the world, because to an outsider they may think it is just like a 10M wireless link play. (Providing that they just see the image.)

What I liked about the first one was how all the colors were shades of purple (aside from the white in the eyes). I'd like to see that applied, perhaps, to the skull-and-crossbones, and re-applied to the mouth. I also feel that the outline and additional pores around the skull-and-crossbones take away from the simplicity of the first design, which was a big part of what made it so... y'know... delightful, and such.

err, I'm still working on mine... it's really simple though, it's nothing more than a youngster on a computer. Unless you see such simplicity better than Zracknel's koffing, and I really doubt you do, go with it.

I like the Koffing, but the Electivire just kicks ass in the wrong place. It would look beastly if it would for example show up when waiting for internet connection :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)