Research A Primitive Approach to Pokémon Tactics

I was shuffling through my files and I found this piece of my childhood: an early approach to a system of Pokémon Tactics until the 5th generation. It is totally useless for advice and very basic but it is a piece of my history with the game and someone might get a few laughs from it so I will leave it here.

Goal: To list tips for building a good team in the Pokémon game.

Tips

• Explosion is an excellent attack.
  • Have a Pokémon with Rapid Spin.
  • Have a Pokémon with Spikes / Toxic Spikes.
  • Teams with different types are better than teams of one type.
  • Placing the opponent under a status is always a good strategy.

My Team Building

1st model

You can divide the Pokémon into 3 categories :

Trickster
Tanks
Regenerator

The tricksters are those who specialize in adapting quickly to any opponent like Ditto or Mew, alter the conditions of the fight, and focus on altering their state by harming it beyond the fight itself.

I was shuffling through my files and I found one of my early approaches to Tactical Pokémon Battling. It is very primitive and it has no new ideas but it is such a

The tanks are those that have a high attack and resilience attacking without stopping until you take down the opponent.

Regenerators have a high defense and are able to heal by wearing down adversary gradually.

The regenerators have an advantage against the tanks, the tricksters against the regenerators and the tanks against the tricksters.

A balanced team of six has 2 of each category.

Examples

2nd model
  • Make a team Legendary Pokémon.
  • Complete it with the types they do not cover.

3rd model
  • Each Pokémon must have, if possible, an attack that inflicts a status change.
  • Each Pokémon must have a regeneration attack.
  • Each Pokémon must have a counter-attack for a disadvantageous type.
  • Have a Pokémon with Rapid Spin.
  • Have a Pokémon that has Stealth Rock / Spikes / Toxic Spikes.

Well, it's better than what I was thinking at that time. I just made teams on that old Marriland team builder that showed you what types your team was weak too. As a consequence of only caring about type weakness, I avoided using Pokemon with 4x weaknesses, including such sh*tmons as Scizor and Garchomp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)