Other Metagames Adapting to the Surge - A Balanced Hackmons RMT

Adapting to the Surge

|
|
|
|
|

Introduction

Hello folks! I'm Pzfer and this is a BH RMT for a team I've recently had a lot of success with. For the ones who don't know, Balanced Hackmons is a metagame where all 807 805 pokemon join hands to defeat one common foe. That's right, you guessed it.

The IMPOSTER
i1.jpg

Well, that and a few other stuff. This team isn't essentially a hardcore anti-imposter ( I gave up on trying to make the perfect improof team). I prefer to call it anti-defense instead of hyper offense, because of the remarkable success it has got me against the bulkiest of teams (and sometimes succumbed pathetically to random Simple-smash ;-; ). The main thing that differentiates my team from a standard offensive BH team is that there no set-up mons!!! Well I do have a Contrary user, but tbh I got tired of Spectral Thief and Unaware everywhere, not to mention Imposter, and decided to rely more on brute force to get the job done. I didn't get much higher than 1700, but here's an interesting time when I had 3 alts ranked 13th, 14th andd15th on the ladder XD, so I guess I could say I have enough experience in the ladder.

pokemon.JPG

Anyway, without further ado, here's the team.

The Team

Blaziken-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer

There's more to this pseudo PrimalDon chicken than meets the eye. First and foremost, Desolate land V-create needs no introduction, mostly OHKOing roasting standard walls like Mega Audino and Dialga. It also leaves quite an unexpected dent on standard Giratina and the rare Mega Slowbro, doing nearly 35-40%, which might allow me to clean up later. Mostly though, this U-turns first turn to scout the opponent's lead/ presence of flash fire mons, since people pretty much expect only one move from this. Close combat is pretty handy for killing Flash Fire Registeel/Solgaleo/Celesteela. Ice Hammer solely for ZyGod, who pretty much walls this, though I rarely stay to one. The primary use of this is for killing unboosted MMy/MMx late in the game or U-turn out to the tanks. Since this happens to be my fastest mon, I mostly try to keep this till the end.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- Trick
- Volt Switch

The beginning of the MewThree. This is my alternate lead which mostly volt switches to its macho brothers, or in the unfortunate event of the opponent not having a dark/steel type, decides to nuke anything with Psycho Boost. Photon Geyser solely for Sheddy, whose usage has kinda dropped these days due to this very move. Trick is a nice option for crippling tons of stuff who think they can resist this. No Moongeist Beam primarily for not letting Chansey hit me hard. The key role of MMy, as I said, is simply set the terrain, which keeps away -Ate Extremespeeds and also sets the stage for the incredible hulk, who's up next.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn

I won't even bother going into the descriptions of this. The inhuman power of this should be evident from the calcs.
252 Atk Choice Band Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete in Psychic Terrain: 412-488 (64.7 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Psychic Terrain: 418-492 (82.9 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 402-474 (98 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solgaleo: 360-424 (75.3 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 318-376 (79.8 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And most importantly,
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mewtwo-Mega-X Photon Geyser vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Croagunk in Psychic Terrain: 5304-6248 (2237.9 - 2636.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

All these are mons who think of MMx as a shell smasher, and stay back to spectral thief it. The outrageous power of Adaptability boosted Photon in PsyTerrain is something that catches most people off guard. Even Imposter Chansey with eviolite takes a fair chunk of damage switching in. Apart from the ones listed, Aegislash, and the rare Mega Sableye (which happens to wall 5/6th of my team), anything that has tried switching into this has been wandering in oblivion ever since. Even Mega Eye takes 50% from Sunsteel (again for Sheddi mainly), and the unfortunate MMy trying to resist both my STABs takes a whopping 77-90% from a RESISTED Photon Geyser.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Beam

This is the set that gets all dem Imposters. 90% of the time, Imposter users absolutely love switching in to MMx. Their joy knows no bounds when they see its a contrary set, and they happily think they can sweep using my boosts. Well, it does me a world of good that they always think so. I've had countless ragequits as MMx evolves to MMy, and proceeds to nuke Imposter with a +2 Psycho boost. Even if imposter is scarfed, MMy is bulky enough to take a +2 boost in terrain. This is assuming, of course, Terrain is up, and I'm at least at +2 and imposter has taken some prior damage, which is easy with me Volt-Turning initially. Otherwise I just switch out to my tanks to deal with imposter. Someone pointed out that this set is garbage once I mega evolve, but fact is, I don't need to mega unless imposter comes- superpower+boost by itself is pretty scary, and if I can take out Imposter, this doesn't have any purpose in life. Ice Beam is a nice surprise for ZyGod, who also fancies switching into MMx.

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Haze
- Destiny Bond

The first of my two tanks, Registeel does its job excellently as a shock-absorber. Stealth Rock had to be somewhere to deal with irritating teams of 6 focus sashes. Haze is the most effective of the lot, shutting down shell-smashers. U-turn gives a lovely chance for MMx / Mega Blaze to come in as the opponent sends out a Magic Bounce mon to regi. Prankster D-Bond really needs to explanation- I can make a team without setup mons, but not without this, owing to the countless number of times this has saved me. I know many will have noticed the lack of recovery, and it's mainly to keep imposter from healing itself while I u-turn to a nuke.

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Destiny Bond
- Haze
- Defog

Priority D-Bond V2.0. NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE expects a priority d-bond from the great wall. This popular opinion is particularly handy for using this as a suicide bomber against imposter MMx, or Contrary sweeper. The moveset is pretty similar to Regi, except for Defog, which is very useful against Sticky/ SPikey teams. Again, no recovery hurts at times, but as I pointed out, its purpose mainly is take out something dangerous with D-Bond, and to not let Imposter heal itself. Safety Goggles on both tanks to avoid Spore abusers.

Conclusion

That's pretty much it. As I said, this team works better against defensive teams. For offensive ones, I need to seriously consider which two I should take out with D-bond, and if that fails, forfeit and crie ;-; Among the weaknesses, it's pretty evident that Flash Fire Aegislash and Mega Sableye pretty much wall my team. However, they mostly fear a moongeist beam somewhere, and this allows me to chip away before they're in range for killing. Anything with base speed 140 or above hurts, since only Mega Blaze has a chance of standing up to it. Mega Zam/Aero can hurt if used properly. MMy of course, doesn't have many counters, and I mostly need to sack a prankster for it. I mostly manage to deal with Imposter, but it still is cancer, and will remain that way for eternity.

That said, this is a very good team if used properly, and it can defeat the strongest of walls with some good prediction. I'll leave the the importable team for those who want to use this. And last but not the least, any suggestion/ feedback (including "this team is gay") is always welcome.

Cheers!

Blaziken-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Desolate Land
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Hasty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Contrary
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Beam

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Haze
- Destiny Bond

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Destiny Bond
- Haze
- Defog

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)