evs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
nature: Impish

Moves
========
  • Heavy Slam does hefty damage due to Aggron's chub and STAB
  • Earthquake is good, reliable coverage
  • Stealth Rock can be reliably set up and is very useful
  • Roar phazes out set-up sweepers and other threats
  • Alternatively, Toxic can be used to touch bulky waters that Aggron otherwise can't touch.

Set Details
========
  • EVs in SpD because Def is already really high = most efficient
  • Impish because natures are multiplicative = most efficient
  • Filter allows M-Aggron to take low damage even from SE hits
  • Aggronite because mandatory

Usage Tips
========
  • Don't blindly click Mega-evolve, as rock adds resistances
  • Try to predict switch-ins and phaze them away to add hazard damage
  • Keep M-Aggron healthy if there are still things you need to wall
  • Don't take too many special hits, even with full investment they hurt a lot
  • Roar can be used to deny spinners upon switch-in

Team Options
========
  • Works very well with Wish Passers for recovery, especially Florges
  • Works well with sweepers who appreciate hazard damage like Sharpedo and Mienshao
  • Weaknesses are covered well by Slowbro, Florges, Qwilfish, Mew, and others.
Curse RestTalk set vetoed by Meru. Keeping it in hide tags for now just in case.
Curse RestTalk
########
name: Curse RestTalk
move 1: Curse
move 2: Rest
move 3: Sleep Talk
move 4: Iron Head / Heavy Slam
ability: Sturdy --> Filter
item: Aggronite
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
nature: Careful

Moves
========
  • Curse lets you boost your Defense to ridiculous levels while increasing your damage output and letting Aggron become a win condition for stall teams
  • Rest is the most reliable recovery Aggron has
  • Sleep Talk for boosting and doing damage while ZZZ'ing
  • Iron Head is preferable due to PP

Set Details
========
  • Max SpD because Defense will be boosted through Curse
  • Same goes for Careful > Impish, even though it's less efficient
  • Aggronite because mandatory
Usage Tips
========
  • Only bring in when nothing can break you (read: no special fires/fighting type moves, no banded Hera/Mien, no phazers)
  • Has surprise value, so you can bluff the standard set

Team Options
========
  • Works great with stall teams as a late-game wincon
  • Works well with a cleric to be able to use throughout game
  • Has good defensive pairing with bulky waters and fires
  • Make sure you have a strong special wall and something to take out special pokes

Other Options
########
  • Banded Aggron can be decent, but it's mostly outclassed
  • If you really need a defensive wall, you can fully invest in defense on the standard Tank set
  • Rest without Sleep Talk can be used combined with a Cleric
  • Thunder Wave can be used to cripple offensive poke, but Roar is usually preferable.
  • A dedicated RestTalk phazing set can be used.
  • RestTalk Curse Mega-Aggron is also an option.

Checks & Counters
########
  • Bulky Waters take very little from offensive moves and can do good damage in return
  • Mega-Blastoise is especially threatening and can spin away hazards
  • Forretress doesn't care about offensive moves and can spin away hazards and set up its own
  • Special attacks (especially Fire + Fighting + Ground duh) fuck Aggron over as it's not very specially bulky.

Overview
########

Mega Aggron shines in the tier as the bulkiest available Mega Evolution. With sky-high Attack and Defense stats, Mega Aggron can tank UU's strongest physical hits while dealing out serious damage in return. Like all Mega Evolutions, however, Mega Aggron loses out on an item slot, which means it loses out on the passive recovery that Leftovers provides for other defensive Pokemon. This, combined with its relatively low HP and Special Defense, means that Mega Aggron isn't quite as overpowered as it first appears. Still, Mega Aggron's access to support moves like Stealth Rock and Roar and extra bulk due to Filter make it an outstanding and reliable tank.

Tank
########
name: Tank
move 1: Heavy Slam
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Roar / Toxic
ability: Sturdy --> Filter
evs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD

Moves
========

With this set, Mega Aggron becomes a utility-based Pokemon that can also dish out some serious damage. Heavy Slam draws power from Mega Aggron's high weight to provide a strong STAB attack. Earthquake provides great coverage to hit Pokemon who are less susceptible to Heavy Slam and still deals significant damage due to Mega Aggron's high Attack. Because of Mega Aggron's all-around good bulk, it can set Stealth Rock up reliably. Finally, either Roar or Toxic will add extra utility for the last slot. Roar allows Mega Aggron to become an effective phazer, racking up damage from its own hazards as well as thwarting the efforts of set up sweepers like Slowbro. Toxic, on the other hand, can be used to cripple Pokemon such as Swampert, Slowbro, and Alomomola who are otherwise resistant to Mega Aggron's moves.

Set Details
========

Although Mega Aggron's main purpose is to tank physical hits, it's important to have a fair amount of investment in its low Special Defense stat. In a pinch, Mega Aggron may have to take some special attacks, and the nature of EVs makes it overall more efficient to invest in lower base stats. An Impish nature makes Mega Aggron more tanky. Sturdy is the only relevant ability for this set for Mega Aggron's base form, but it's the ability it has as Mega Aggron that really helps it out. Filter, which makes Mega Aggron take only 75% of the damage from super effective attacks, further augments its tankiness on both the physical and special sides.

Usage Tips
========

While this set does capitalize on Mega Aggron's insane bulk, remember that its base form is more useful in some cases. For instance, if you're facing off against a Victini, it might be a good idea to hold off on Mega Evolving—Aggron's Rock typing makes Fire-type attacks neutral instead of super effective. Also, be careful against special attackers; Mega Aggron has great overall bulk, but it doesn't enjoy taking special hits that it doesn't have to. If you choose to run Roar, use it to predict switches into offensive counters or spinners in order to keep hazards on the field and continue racking up damage.

Team Options
========

Mega Aggron benefits from Wish passers such as Alomomola, Blissey, Aromatisse, and Florges, who can all make up for its lack of Leftovers and keep it in play for longer. Blissey is a wonderful partner, as it makes up for Mega Aggron's relatively low special bulk and covers threats like Chandelure, Mega Blastoise, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen. Florges and Aromatisse can do this to a lesser extent, but they accept a weakness to Nidoking and Nidoqueen in exchange for better physical bulk. Finally, Alomomola creates a strong defensive core with Aggron by taking the few powerful Fighting-, Fire-, and Ground-type physical moves that Mega Aggron struggles against. Mega Aggron's access to hazards and phazing also makes it a great partner for offensive sweepers like Sharpedo and Mienshao that rely on hazard damage to nab crucial KOs. Mega Aggron's weaknesses are also covered defensively by Pokemon like Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Mew.

Other Options
########

Choice Band Aggron is viable purely because of its surprise factor, but it's mostly outclassed by other bulky Choice Band users such as Rhyperior. Mega Aggron can run sets that incorporate Rest and Sleep Talk—its one source of recovery, but these aren't optimal. This move combination can either be paired with Curse and Iron Head to provide an alternate win condition for stall teams or with Roar and Heavy Slam to become a tanky dedicated phazer. Rest can be used without Sleep Talk in the main set in place of Roar or Toxic, but this strategy quickly loses momentum for the rest of the team, making alternate solutions like Wish passing more viable solutions for Mega Aggron's lack of recovery. In terms of EVs, putting all of the EVs into either Defense or Special Defense is certainly viable and can be tailored to what your team needs, but a balanced spread is usually the best option.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Attackers**: Pokemon like Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Hydreigon that carry dangerous, super effective special attacks pose a serious threat to Mega-Aggron.

**Mew**: Defensive Mew walks all over Mega Aggron, burning it with Will-O-Wisp and removing its hazards with Defog, while also absorbing any reduced damage and healing it back up with Roost.

**Fire-types**: While physical Fire-types like Victini, Darmanitan, and Entei are certainly threatening, they can't reliably OHKO Mega Aggron and are extremely susceptible to Earthquake. The main threat comes in the form of special attackers like special Infernape and Chandelure, who can easily OHKO Mega Aggron with boosting items or moves. Rotom-H deserves a special mention for its resistance or immunity to both of Mega Aggron's attacks while also threatening it offensively.

**Fighting-types**: Similarly to physical Fire-types, strong physical Fighting-types such as Mienshao can deal hefty damage to Mega Aggron. Special Fighting-type coverage like that of Lucario, Mega Blastoise, and Alakazam is extremely threatening as well.

**Bulky Water-types**: Bulky Water-types such as Slowbro, Swampert, and Mega Blastoise can laugh off Mega Aggron's offensive moves and force it out. Mega Blastoise deserves a special mention for its ability to remove Mega Aggron's hazards while also threatening it offensively.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types such as Hippowdon fear nothing from Mega Aggron's attacks and can spam Earthquake to take advantage of Mega Aggron's lack of recovery.

**Rapid Spinners**: Like Mega Blastoise, some other Rapid Spinners like Forretress or Donphan can remove Mega Aggron's hazards without fearing much from its attacks.

Last edited:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think Dragon Tail should be slashed with roar, or at least mentioned in oo since it bypasses taunt

Yeah, Aggron threatens the fuck out of Fairies and its Dragon Tail is pretty strong, so it doesn't have many drawbacks.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i dont really like all that spdef on the first set since aggron isn't really fit for taking special hits at all. you could get a lot more mileage by putting 96 or 136 evs into defense to take strong hits better or even move them to attack so aggron can hit harder with heavy slam. i'd also like to see toxic slashed since aggron tends to lure in water and ground types like shit lures in flies

also it doesnt learn gyro ball

Epikhairz

Anything goes
Thunder Wave > Roar on the first set imo. Mega Aggron is one of the best at spreading paralysis and that comes in very handy when a physical attacker needs to be stopped, or to just simply shuffle it around while forcing switches. The fact that Thunder Wave isn't even mentioned is not great. Somewhere in Set Comments or OO, a parashuffling set (Roar/Dragon Tail and Thunder Wave) could be mentioned

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I think Dragon Tail should be slashed with roar, or at least mentioned in oo since it bypasses taunt
Yeah, Aggron threatens the fuck out of Fairies and its Dragon Tail is pretty strong, so it doesn't have many drawbacks.
fairies aren't the problem. The problem is first and foremost that dragon tail doesn't go through protect, and roar does. As you said, aggron threatens the fuck out of florges i mean fairies, so it can switch in when it tries to wish and roar it out safely. the mindgame is even more severe than it is with empoleon because heavy slam does real damage, whereas scald does not (e.g. they're forced to protect essentially). Secondly, roar goes through substitute so it bones set-up sweepers a lot more. Finally, roar can't miss. Nothing worse than having one chance to phaze out a +2 gorebyss or something and completely missing. I'm hesitant to even slash dragon tail honestly as it's just not reliable.

i dont really like all that spdef on the first set since aggron isn't really fit for taking special hits at all. you could get a lot more mileage by putting 96 or 136 evs into defense to take strong hits better or even move them to attack so aggron can hit harder with heavy slam. i'd also like to see toxic slashed since aggron tends to lure in water and ground types like shit lures in flies

also it doesnt learn gyro ball
whoops @ gyro ball fuck up sorry

yeah I shifted some of the EVs over. I still think it's worth keeping some SpD for certain mixed threats and the ability to stay in on certain special attackers. I'll move toxic from OO to slashed with roar.

Thunder Wave > Roar on the first set imo. Mega Aggron is one of the best at spreading paralysis and that comes in very handy when a physical attacker needs to be stopped, or to just simply shuffle it around while forcing switches. The fact that Thunder Wave isn't even mentioned is not great. Somewhere in Set Comments or OO, a parashuffling set (Roar/Dragon Tail and Thunder Wave) could be mentioned
I'm really not a fan of TWave > roar. not only does it make you set up bait to a ton of shit that you otherwise wouldn't be (bulky subcm cress, curselax, slowbro, curse quag), the ability to phaze is really quite key on mega-aggron as it allows him to weaken the opposing team's defensive structure and force misplays that can cost crucial members. i don't see thunder wave as doing all that much because everything that stays in on aggron either gives 0 shits about status (ground types and defensive stuff and sub stuff) or can kill it anyway. I don't really see a whole lot of merit in running a parashuffler set on a mon with no reliable recovery (unless you're suggesting rest talk dragon tail thunder wave which is even worse). I mentioned it in OO though.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
In regards to the Checks and Counters portion, I think you could include Pokemon that can dish out strong special attacking moves. Moves like Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Earth Power or Flamethrower on a Mega Aggron. Pokemon like Chandelure and Mega Houndoom are deadly against Mega Aggron because of its lower SpDef.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is Blame Truth's Metal Burst set any good? Click here for the video, where he goes through the set. I think that it at least deserves an OO mention.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Blame Truth's Metal Burst set any good? Click here for the video, where he goes through the set. I think that it at least deserves an OO mention.
It's better to test it out for yourself and offering results and opinions rather than just lay something out and make more work, especially if it's a YouTube video (the guy didn't even post replays).

That being said, Mega Aggron lacks recovery but has gigantic bulk, so just putting Metal Burst in Other Options rather than a whole set should be fine if the author desires.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's better to test it out for yourself and offering results and opinions rather than just lay something out and make more work, especially if it's a YouTube video (the guy didn't even post replays).

That being said, Mega Aggron lacks recovery but has gigantic bulk, so just putting Metal Burst in Other Options rather than a whole set should be fine if the author desires.
I only showed it as I had tested it to be at least OO material. I was wondering about others' opinions, so I felt that this was probably the best place to suggest it.

KM

slayification
the only spot I could see it going would be over roar/toxic and then you're just so vulnerable to set-up bait. Aggron is really strong anyway so there's not much point using metal burst as anything that can do lots of damage to you you either don't want to stay in on or can just bash in anyway

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
The only thing I don't like about the Tank set is that the EVs are very specific, but you don't state what they achieve. I recommend using max HP and 164 SpD EVs with the rest poured into Def with an Impish nature. With these EVs, you can live a Fire Blast from Timid Chandelure and, of course, take any physical hit.

Edit: 252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 164 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 292-343 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

KM

slayification
The only thing I don't like about the Tank set is that the EVs are very specific, but you don't state what they achieve. I recommend using max HP and 164 SpD EVs with the rest poured into Def with an Impish nature. With these EVs, you can live a Fire Blast from Timid Chandelure and, of course, take any physical hit.

Edit: 252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 164 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 292-343 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
while I agree with the sentiment of having the EVs mean something, I don't agree with this particular spread, as you really shouldn't be staying in on chandelure (even if you somehow know it's timid + not boosting item) in the first place and Earthquake doesn't even kill. Same goes for Mega-Houndoom or any other possible benchmark.

0 Atk Mega Aggron Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 210-248 (80.4 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Nice 4 EVs you have there .–. Be more specific with the team options, as Wish passers you can add Aromatisse / Alomomola and obviously Blissey to cover the Nido weakness, specifying what they bring to the table.

Other than that, I'd say you should write this once and for all

Reactions: KM
Am Check :]

Remove
Add
Comments

Overview
########

Mega Aggron barrels through the tier as the bulkiest
available mega Mega Evolution available. With sky-high Attack and Defense stats (140 and 230 respectively), Mega Aggron can tank UU's strongest physical hits while dealing out serious damage in return. Like all Mega Pokemon, however, Mega Aggron loses out on an item slot, which means it loses out on the passive recovery that Leftovers provides for other defensive Pokemon. This combined with its relatively low Hitpoints HP and Special Defense stats means that Mega Aggron isn't quite as overpowered as it first appears. That said, Mega Aggron's access to support moves like such as Stealth Rock and Roar and extra bulk due to provided by Filter make it an outstanding and reliable tank.

Tank
########
name: Tank
move 1: Heavy Slam
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Roar / Toxic
ability: Sturdy
--> Filter (The Mega Evolution's ability doesn't need to be mentioned)
evs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD

Moves
========

With
the Tank this set, Mega Aggron becomes a utility-based Pokemon who can also dish out some serious damage. Heavy Slam draws from Mega Aggron's literal bulk (it weighs almost 400.0 kg!) large weight to provide a strong STAB attack. Earthquake provides great coverage to hit the Pokemon who are less susceptible to Heavy Slam, and still deals significant damage due to Mega Aggron's high uninvested Attack. Because of Mega Aggron's all-around good bulk, Stealth Rock can reliably set up Stealth Rock is a great move on Mega Aggron, as it can be reliably set up throughout the match thanks to his all-around good bulk. Finally, Roar or Toxic both add extra utility for the last slot. Roar allows Mega Aggron to become an effective phazer, racking up damage from its own entry hazards as well as thwarting the efforts of set-up sweepers like such as Calm Mind Slowbro. Toxic, on the other hand, acts as a way to cripple Pokemon like such as Swampert, Slowbro, or and Alomomola who that are can otherwise resistant to take all of Mega Aggron's moves.

Set Details
========

Although Mega Aggron's main purpose is to tank physical hits, it's important to have a fair amount of investment in its low Special Defense stat. In a pinch, Mega Aggron may have to take some hits coming from the special side, and the nature of EVs makes it more efficient to invest in lower base stats. An Impish nature makes Mega Aggron all the more
tanky bulky. Sturdy is the only relevant ability for this set for Mega Aggron's base form forme, but it's it is its ability as Mega Aggron that really helps it out, (AC) . (RP) Filter. (AP) , (RC) Filter which makes Mega Aggron take only 75% of the damage from super effective attacks, further augments augmenting its tankiness bulk on both the physical and special sides.

Usage Tips
========

While this set does capitalize on Mega Aggron's insane abilities, remember that the base
form forme is more useful in some cases. For instance, if you're facing off against a Victini, it might be a good idea to hold off on Mega Evolving—the Rock typing of Aggron makes Fire-type attacks neutral instead of super effective. Also, be careful against Special Attackers; Mega Aggron has great overall bulk, but it doesn't enjoy taking hits from the special side that it doesn't have to. If you choose to run Roar, use it to predict switches into offensive counters or spinners in order to keep entry hazards on the field and continue racking up damage.

Team Options
========

Mega Aggron benefits from Wish passers like Alomomola, Blissey, Aromatisse and Florges,
who which can all make up for its lack of Leftovers and keep him in play for longer. Blissey is a wonderful partner, as it makes up for Mega Aggron's relatively low Special bulk and covers threats like Chandelure, Mega Blastoise, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen. Florges and Aromatisse do this a lesser extent, but they exchange their weakness to Nidoking and Nidoqueen for better physical bulk. Finally, Alomomola creates a strong, purely defensive core with Mega Aggron by taking the few powerful physical Fighting-, Fire-, and Ground-type physical moves that Mega Aggron struggles against. Mega Aggron's access to hazards Stealth Rock and phazing also makes him a great partner for offensive sweepers like Sharpedo and Mienshao that rely on entry hazard damage to nab crucial kills. Mega Aggron's weaknesses are also covered defensively by Pokemon like such as Slowbro, Qwilfish, and Mew.

Other Options
########

Choice Band Aggron is viable purely because of its surprise factor, but it's mostly outclassed by other bulky Choice Banded
pokemon like Pokemon such as Rhyperior. Mega Aggron can run sets that incorporate Rest and Sleep Talk—its one source of recovery, but these aren't optimal. This move combination RestTalk can either be paired with Curse and Iron Head to provide an alternate win condition for stall teams or with Roar and Heavy Slam to become a tanky bulky dedicated phazer. Rest can be used without Sleep Talk in the main set in place of Roar or Toxic, but this strategy quickly loses momentum for the rest of the team, making alternate solutions - like such as Wish Passing - more viable to account for Mega Aggron's lack of recovery. In terms of EVs, putting all of the EVs into either Defense or Special Defense is certainly viable and can be tailored to what your team needs, but a balanced spread is usually the best option.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fire-types**: While physical Fire-types
like such as Victini, Darmanitan, and Entei are certainly threatening, they can't reliably OHKO Mega Aggron and are extremely susceptible to Earthquake. The main threat comes in the form of Special Attackers like such as special Infernape and Chandelure, who which can easily OHKO Mega Aggron with boosting items or their Fire-type moves. (boosting items don't OHKO Pokemon lol)
**Fighting-types**: Similarly to physical Fire-types, (RC) strong Strong physical Fighting-types like Mienshao can deal hefty damage to Mega Aggron. Special Fighting-type coverage like such as that of Lucario, Mega Blastoise, and Alakazam is extremely threatening as well.
**Bulky Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like such as Slowbro, Swampert, and Mega Blastoise can laugh off Mega Aggron's offensive moves and force it out. Mega Blastoise deserves a special mention for its ability to remove Mega Aggron's entry hazards while threatening it offensively.
**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types like such as Hippowdon fear nothing from Mega Aggron's attacks and can spam Earthquake to take advantage of Mega Aggron's lack of reliable recovery.

**Rapid Spinners**: Similar to Mega Blastoise, (RC) some other Rapid Spinners like such as Forretress or and Donphan can remove Mega Aggron's entry hazards without fearing much from its attacks.

Great job! Just remember to use such as > like almost always, forme > form when talking about Mega Evolutions, and entry hazards. :]

Last edited:
The Checks & Counters REALLY should be changed before the final gp goes through, i mean half of the things in there are actually checked BY aggron and not the other way around.

''**Fire-types**: While physical Fire-types like Victini, Darmanitan, and Entei are certainly threatening, they can't reliably OHKO Mega Aggron and are extremely susceptible to Earthquake. The main threat comes in the form of Special Attackers like special Infernape and Chandelure, who can easily OHKO Mega Aggron with boosting items or moves.''

Victini and darmanitan arent checking aggron unless he suffers 30% of prior damage and entei can only win with a burn since otherwise it actually fails to 2hko with sacred fire, they also hate stealth rock and cant switch into earthquake, why theyre the first things mentioned in this section is beyond me.

''**Fighting-types**: Similarly to physical Fire-types, strong physical Fighting-types like Mienshao can deal hefty damage to Mega Aggron. Special Fighting-type coverage like that of Lucario, Mega Blastoise, and Alakazam is extremely threatening as well.''

No, mienshao barely does half to it with reckless boosted high jump kick while heavy slam will be ohkoing 75% of time, cb heracross can only do 65% max and will always be ohkoed by heavy slam after the defense drop, alakazam needs to hit focus blast twice in a row or else it loses (assuming its sash is still intact) which is not reliable at all, lucario has a legit shot at ohkoing with spikes support but it will lose in any other situation. Blastoise is fine.

Things that should definitely be on this list are mew (defog+will-o-wisp makes it a hard counter, this actually should be the FIRST thing on the list), rotom-h, nidoqueen and hydreigon.

KM

slayification
The Checks & Counters REALLY should be changed before the final gp goes through, i mean half of the things in there are actually checked BY aggron and not the other way around.

''**Fire-types**: While physical Fire-types like Victini, Darmanitan, and Entei are certainly threatening, they can't reliably OHKO Mega Aggron and are extremely susceptible to Earthquake. The main threat comes in the form of Special Attackers like special Infernape and Chandelure, who can easily OHKO Mega Aggron with boosting items or moves.''

Victini and darmanitan arent checking aggron unless he suffers 30% of prior damage and entei can only win with a burn since otherwise it actually fails to 2hko with sacred fire, they also hate stealth rock and cant switch into earthquake, why theyre the first things mentioned in this section is beyond me.

''**Fighting-types**: Similarly to physical Fire-types, strong physical Fighting-types like Mienshao can deal hefty damage to Mega Aggron. Special Fighting-type coverage like that of Lucario, Mega Blastoise, and Alakazam is extremely threatening as well.''

No, mienshao barely does half to it with reckless boosted high jump kick while heavy slam will be ohkoing 75% of time, cb heracross can only do 65% max and will always be ohkoed by heavy slam after the defense drop, alakazam needs to hit focus blast twice in a row or else it loses (assuming its sash is still intact) which is not reliable at all, lucario has a legit shot at ohkoing with spikes support but it will lose in any other situation. Blastoise is fine.

Things that should definitely be on this list are mew (defog+will-o-wisp makes it a hard counter, this actually should be the FIRST thing on the list), rotom-h, nidoqueen and hydreigon.
the reason I mention physical fires is in contrast with the special fire types that are more threatening, because the distinction is important. I will add rotom to fire types, and add the others as well.

re: fighting types, as aggron is obviously a defensive poke I'm focusing on things that it can't switch in to. besides, lo reckless or band reckless hjk can easily do upwards of 80/90%, and given that aggron's health isn't really a renewable resource it's not something you always want to risk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)