AG Anything Goes Community Create-A-Team

DD Mega TTar obv but I like Eleceus too so either is fine. Rest is alot of standard things I assume ppl have teams with anyway. So imo lets use sth "new" or not standard.
EDIT: so no vote for my own leaves just Eleceus for me! So CHLOE.

Not including:
Thimo's Totem Araquanid - because it's outclassed by regular araquanid, which without webs is outclassed by a lot of other viable crap.
Totem Araquanid takes less from Celesteela, which it traps with Spider Web + Rest.
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 208 Def Araquanid: 57-67 (16.8 - 19.7%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 208 Def Araquanid-Totem: 47-56 (13.8 - 16.5%) -- possible 7HKO

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Stage 1 Voting is over! Thanks to all for voting.

Chessking345: 1
Chloe: 6
Ejthewolfy: 1
GRNBLN: 7
lotiasite: 1
Megazard: 5
Pigeons: 1
Ransei: 5
Squawkerz: 1

GRNBLN's Mega Tyranitar is the set we are building around!

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Low Kick

Time to pick the second Pokémon for the team. Think about what Mega Tyranitar struggles with / what it could use help from. Nominate away!

doesnt deal with pdon nor kyogre but goth could work removing ground and fairyceus plus celesteela and giving a turn of set up. But I think we should go a different way maybe. So Id say support arceus ground.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake

beats fairy and fighting types for ttar and steel types that dont resist eq, this also outspeeds marshadow after an ultra burst. then ttar beats dark and ghost types for necromza.​

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charm
- Confide
- Rest
- Taunt

GRNBLN briefly mentioned Goth but I really think it's the perfect partner (I think from your post that you're submitting Groundceus but if you want to submit this I'll pick something else). Mega Tyranitar performs best against offensive teams where it can find setup chances against common mons like EKiller Arceus and Mega Rayquaza without Earthquake. Its shortcomings are mostly against balanced teams, where most common support Arceus forms stop it from putting in much offensive work. Gothitelle traps every relevant support Arceus form save Darkceus, which Tyranitar can set up on anyways. This particular Goth set also leaves the trapped Pokemon at -6 Attack or Special Attack, opening up chances for Tyranitar to set up. While the synergy between the two is by no means perfect (Marshadow and Defensive Zygarde remain threats) they provide a solid offensive foundation for the team that should work in a variety of matchups.

Tyranitar under Sandstorm gains a significant boost in Special Defense. However, it does not help its defense, leaving it vulnerable to physical moves such as Close Combat or Earthquake. In order to be able to set up more Dragon Dances, I suggest Scolipede, which can pass it defense and speed.

Scolipede (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 240 Def / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
- Iron Defense

In addition to being able to tank more hits, the speed that Scolipede passes allows Tyranitar to switch its nature to Adamant, since it no longer needs a speed boosting nature.

Last edited:
Ttar needs more of support and with dusk mane around and pdon/pogre weakness you will need pdon + toxic immunity and as GRNBLN mentioned support groundceus also works good and i will say that having a darkceus or poisonceus will be good to.

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Shell Smash

This thing can sweep along Tyranitar. Covering checks right now isn't the way to go, because you only have just 1 pokemon that has a ton to deal with to begin with. I think Barbaracle is nice, because Tyranitar's Sand Stream boosts its Sp. Def, which makes setup much more easy. This thing in general is nuts already and it's latest Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon addition Liquidation will boost it more. Even though we're stacking Ground, Grass and Fighting weaknesses now. We can easily build around that with 4 more slots. This offensive core breaks down a lot of things with one notable exception of defensive Zygarde. The core would appreciate setup oppurtunities and being status free so suggestions to add later on could include Wobbuffet and/or support Arceus.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Not much to say here. Pdon hard checks water types that could wreak havoc on Ttar. We are, however, compounding the ground weakness, but that can easily be built around with the addition of Pokémon such as Yveltal. I am using a specially defensive set here in order to minimize damage from support arc leads. This core would certainly benefit from a flying pokemon, or a bulky water type (maybe def pogre) in order to minimize weaknesses.

Last edited:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Not much to say here. Pdon hard checks water types that could wreak havoc on Ttar. We are, however, compounding the ground weakness, but that can easily be built around with the addition of Pokémon such as Yveltal. I am using a specially defensive set here in order to minimize damage from support arc leads. This core would certainly benefit from a flying pokemon, or a bulky steel type in order to minimize weaknesses.
“Compounding the ground weakness”
“Benefit from a bulky steel type”

>Boi if you don’t

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic/Flame Charge

This monster checks support arceus such as fairy due to its toxic immunity and even steel through the use of flame charge. It also hard walls ground arceus which can give ttar a bad headache as well as checking SD ultra necrozma. It is also able to deal with mega rays which lack v-create and can spread leech seed recovery to its teammates. Overall a very solid mon and one which helps to wear down and cripple bulky mons for ttar to easily sweep.

Last edited:
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic/Flame Charge
why would you run Flame Charge and no other attacking moves/investment? wouldn't Flamethrower be better?

0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 118-140 (30.9 - 36.7%) -- 65.8% chance to 3HKO
0- Atk Celesteela Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Steel: 56-68 (14.6 - 17.8%) -- possible 6HKO

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
why would you run Flame Charge and no other attacking moves/investment? wouldn't Flamethrower be better?

0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 118-140 (30.9 - 36.7%) -- 65.8% chance to 3HKO
0- Atk Celesteela Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Steel: 56-68 (14.6 - 17.8%) -- possible 6HKO
Flame charge allows it to gain in speed and sub leech seed stall arceus steel and other arceus better. Its not meant to be a strong attack. Actually if its running flame charge it should be impish with 31 attack IVs, thats my mistake, the celesteela I used to copy that set had toxic.

Btw this team is prob gonna need a fairy. So how about either defog arc fairy or cm arc fairy depending on what kind of mons we finally decide are on.

also we are talking cm arceus here which gain spdef so flamethrower gets worse and worse as cromagnet already set its meant to gain speed to sub tect stall better. It isnt as good vs ferrothorn but you can still beat it behind a sub. Actually like the Idea of using celesteela on this would make the team weaker against pdon tho unless it doesnt run fire STAB.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Time to vote on what member we run in the second teamslot! Post the name of the set that you want to win in a post. You can only vote for one or two submissions. You cannot vote for your own submission. Voting will end in 48 hours.
Explanations of votes are nice but not required.

You can vote for:
Exca's Ultra Necrozma
Pigeons's Gothitelle
Thimo's Barbaracle
Banana's Primal Groudon
cromagnet's Celesteela

I'm not including Scolipede, it would be a pretty subpar Baton Pass team with a Tyranitar on it. Especially considering Tyranitar cannot learn Power Trip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)