Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO Ubers, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the past generations.
Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
example said:
Username: plus
PS! Username: youngme7o
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2007 and decided to join Smogon to get better. Since then, I've played in tournaments like WCOP 2009 and SPL 1 way back in the day. Admittedly I've had less time to burn on Pokemon since then, but I still have fair knowledge in OU / UU / NU for all generations from DPP onwards.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
  • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:
Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
: CarbonTheSecond
PO/PS! Username: CarbonTheSecond
Usual Hours of Availability: Varies, usually evenings at least.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing mons on & off since around 2009-2010 or so. I was active on PS/Smogon for a good while during XY, and primarily played Ubers during that time. I went mostly inactive during ORAS, as I didn't particularly like the new metagame at that point, and am only just getting back into the swing of things now. I've generally enjoyed SuMo Ubers so far, but need to work on metagame knowledge & so on.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
: Finding True Love
PO/PS! Username: Finding True Love
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: During the day on weekdays and on Saturday. I work nights and on Sundays. I also usually can't play Wednesday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm an experienced and competent UU player. I main ORAS UU. I am an Ubers noob but want to learn more about the tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have Discord but not Skype.

Lord Outrage agreed to tutor me. n_n

Assigned to Dominatio

Username:Huston
PO/PS! Name:HustonSmogon
Your time zone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: 4-9 cst and varied on week-ends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I have been playing for 2 years here. I have played ubers in a couple seasonals but can't build and it's hurting my results. I have also played doubles and vgc
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Assigned to Californium

Username:
Omega-Xis
PO/PS! Name: Omega-Xis
Your time zone: EST
Usual hours of availability: Mon-Fri 6-9 PM, weekends any time pretty much, it'll vary.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): Played a lot last gen in varying tiers (OU, UU, Monotype, RU) but never signed up for seasonals or anything. I haven't really touched competitive since last gen so I really don't have any idea how a lot of things work like Z moves. I'm at a loss for building anymore too since it's been half a year since I've touched anything.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Can use both but I'm on Discord a lot more.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeah.

Assigned to Level 56

Username
:Bouki
PO/PS! Username: Bouki
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime until 11Pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I Have a lot of knowledege in a lot of tier but i want to improve in Uber 7g. Actually i have 2 account around 1500 with my own Build but i want to improve myself specially in Teambuilding ( construction , Playstyle, core)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes but mainly Skype

Assigned to orch

Username
: RedzoneX
PO/PS! Username: RedzoneX
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings after 6pm, Monday and Friday mornings, variable times on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon at the beginning of XY, and have been a part of Showdown and a lurker on Smogon on and off during that time. I'm a frequently active user in the Competitive Tutoring and RMT rooms. My main tier has always been OU, but I've also developed interest in Ubers during ORAS and would like some more formal education and grounding in the tier so I can play it better and advise other players about it.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, Skype preferred

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
: AB2
PO/PS! Username: I have many but I can primarily use AB2
Your timezone: GMT - 5
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings and weekends most of the time usually after 6 PM.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played a lot of OU but I have taken a few yrs off of the game due to heavy amounts of schoolwork and loss of interest in the game. I have played since DPP OU and I have some experience playing in SPL and Wcop, but I would like to learn about sumo ubers since it has always been a tier that has interested me but I can never seem to really get into learning it. I would really like this opportunity with a more seasoned player in the tier who can help me out in this regard.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, whichever is more convenient

Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
: MeButYou82
PO/PS! Username: MeButYou82
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: 11am-10pm weekends, 5pm-10pm weekdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing LC since 2013, but I still don't think I'm anything more than a decent player, and I'm not that great of a teambuilder either. I've never really done anything outside of ladder games. I want to give something new a shot because I've never properly tried another format before.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, but preferably Discord.

assigned to Dominatio

Username
: Drew
PS! Username: drew
Usual Hours of Availability: I basically available 3:30 p.m. to around 6:30p.m. all weekdays and 8:00 p.m. to 10:00p.m. every day but Thursday. I can schedule around Saturday almost whenever as well, but I'm usually busy on Sunday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm usually an LC player, with a bit of dabbling in UU, although I have been playing a lot of Ubers lately. I mainly write analyses, and I've already written 2 for Ubers after having a ton of fun laddering, and I'd like a tutor to help me get more of a grip on battling in Ubers. I've been tutored twice, both being quite different, and yet both helping me a lot, while also being very enjoyable experiences. Since I mainly play LC, I'd like to help expand my playing to keep the game fresh for me.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, although I prefer discord.

Assigned to Mr. Perry

Username:
CriticalMeme
PO/PS! Username: CriticalMeme
Your timezone: gmt-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 7pm to 1am. I can schedule pretty much whenever on Weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): These accounts are pretty new, but I have been on showdown under ChampXmaster since 2013. Ive played all official tiers since then and basically move on whenever I get bored. In Sun and Moon, I have taken to OU for the time being, but I've found ubers to be very enjoyable recently. In general, I'm hoping to refine some general skills including teambuilding, analysis writing, and gameplay so that I can really get involved as a more impactful member of the community.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both but preferably discord

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Minority

Username:
Lou
PO/PS! Username: Lou Stylinson
Your timezone: UTC -4
Usual Hours of Availability: available from 2pm/3pm - 9pm.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Hey!! I've never played Ubers tbh xD I'm too bad on it and all tiers generally.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep!

assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
:amberlamps
PO/PS! Username:amberlamps
Your timezone: gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: almost anyday usually between afternoon and evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm an avid low tiers player. I main PU/UU but I also enjoy RSE. I'm looking forward to learn Ubers as I have only little experience in that tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

lord outrage agreed to tutor me C:

assigned to Level 56

Username
: Axel™
PO/PS! Username: Acsel
Your timezone: Gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: I am available most in the evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play pokemon since the bw era but I quit the game often for inr problems and I'm return in the 2015 and now I continue playing competitive decently. I want to learn Uber because I've always been real interested in
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes

assigned to Californium

Username:
Roller Jango
PO/PS! Username: Jango Roller
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Evening after 7 p.m. Sunday all day except for 6 pm - 9 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in ORAS era, even if I took a break of some months when ORAS was ending and SM was starting. I always played OU, but I wanna learn Ubers too since I think it's a relly great tier. I tried a bit by playing some tours but usually I lost really bad. I like building team but seems like they don't work well.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have both

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Assigned to Minority

Username
: The Excadrill
PO/PS! Username: iExca
Your timezone: PST (GMT -8)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends and late night school days
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i play monotype, just got tutored in sm ou and enjoy oras the most but sm is pretty fun as well. I want to be able to play ubers better, especially sm which is why im signing up because i think its a really great tier and you get to use legendaries, which is pretty cool. I got to round 6 of last ubers seasonals and only hope to improve from there
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both

assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
: Solgaleo
PO/PS! Username: Solgaleon
Usual Hours of Availability: Around 8-10 PM on weekdays, 4-10 PM in the weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am a RU main who started in mid 2016, I played in PSPL and had a good RU seasonal run, pretty much a newcomer who learns quick
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I prefer Discord

Assigned to Arii Stella

Username
: Brawl MK
PO/PS! Username: Brawl MK
Your timezone: -4 (EDT)
Usual Hours of Availability: preferably weekend, can make times after 3 p.m. work on weekdays besides Wednesday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been using Smogon forums/PS! since 2012 (lurked on Smogon until 2015, on other accounts for PS!). I don't really play Pokemon competitively too much, but I ladder occasionally (OU, DOU, Monotype and OMs mainly in gen 6 and gen 7). I mainly just want to learn the metagame better and get help with sets.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: preferably Discord, but I can do both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

assigned to Level 56

Username
: redmaxx
PO/PS! Username: redmaxx
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: preferably weekend, but always available
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been using Smogon forums/PS! since 2015.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: preferably Discord, but I can do both.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Username: rainofhatred
PO/PS! Username: rainofhatred/nukearcher(use nukearcher to play games)
Your timezone: gmt+8
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime lol, on long term medical leave in military service for some complications irl
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): still relatively new player but i played mainly ou, been able to go over 1850+ on the ladder couple of times, only play with my self-made teams, something that i pride myself in
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord

assigned to Minority

Username
: iRKD
PO/PS! Username: iRKD
Your timezone: GMT -8
Usual Hours of Availability: Pretty much anytime since I'm on break for another month and half
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started with monotype, topped the ladder near end of ORAS then quit. Came back about a month ago with the notion to learn the tiers, so began with SM RU. Here's looking to get knowledged on a second lol
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Mhmm yes I do

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to Lord Outrage

Username
: Daunt VS
PO/PS! Username: Daunt VS
Usual Hours of Availability: Night(8pm-1am)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing ORAS PU but with meme teams, then in late ORAS I played ORAS OU but i was a bad player.In early SM I played OM and in voted in the firsts suspects form MnM and BH.After I decided to play only SM UU and SM uber in SM UU i am a better player but i love this tier and I want to start building solid teams.I have played some local tours from spanish PS room and Pokespain forum and extra smogon tours.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Level 56

Username
: Midnight Howl
PO/PS! Username: Midnight Howl
Usual Hours of Availability: 15:00 - 4:00
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have played competitive pokemon for 3 years. I have peaked #1 at LC and around 100 on ORAS ou. Now I want to learn the only tier I never played, Ubers.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both

assigned to Mr. Perry

Username
: MK007
PO/PS! Username: MK007
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: 9pm to 2am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): LC Main, former Ladder hero, now a dedicated tour player. Ive been playing really competetively since the start of this generation and im looking to patch up my weakness at Ubers. I really want to have a good run in the Ubers open and the timing couldnt be better for a tutor

assigned to Minority

Username:
ItsYaBoi1337
PO/PS! Username: ItsYaBoi1337
Your timezone: GMT -7 (PST)
Usual Hours of Availability: 9AM-5PM every weekday, weekends vary.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve been playing Pokémon since 2015. I first started by watching Marriland play XY, and then I got my first DS and started playing. My friend got me into competitive in early 2016, and I've been playing ever since. I've mainly been on 3DS for a while, and I got into PS! around 5 months ago. My favorite tiers are LC, NU, and Monotype, and I'd like some preparation for the Open I know little about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)