(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
OK, This is all mentions of Garchomp in all Pokemon in the OU tier. Link, set, paragraph, and line are given.
In Blissey's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, second paragraph, first line. It is also mentioned in the first set, fourth paragraph, second line.
In Conkeldurr's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, first paragraph, sixth line. It is also mentioned in the third set, second paragraph, fourth line.
In Gengar's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the third set, fourth paragraph, first line. It is also mentioned in the third set, fourth paragraph, second line. It is also mentioned in the first set, first paragraph, sixth line.
In Hippodown's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, second paragraph, fourth line. It is also mentioned in the first set, fourth paragraph, sixth line. It is also mentioned in Other Options, second line.
In Lucario's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the It is also mentioned in the third set, second paragraph, first line. It is also mentioned in the third set, third paragraph, third line. It is also mentioned in the fifth set, second paragraph, fourth line. It is also mentioned in Dream World, first paragraph, third line.
In Vaporeon's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, second paragraph second line.
In Whimsicott's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, fifth paragraph, eleventh line.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Also, Weavile's first set(standard weasel) don't have moves
==
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/weavile

Also, on the Victini analysis:

This can be a strategic boon if used properly, but keep in mind that you only get one shot, and if Victini misses its target, or uses it as a Ghost-type switches in, you are left without a Victini. Still, this set can disrupt the synergy of any good team by forcing your opponent to choose which Pokemon they want to sacrifice, and create just the right opening for another dangerous team member.
According to Bulbapedia (and current PO mechanics) If a ghost switches on Final Gambit, the move just fails and you don't faint.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
OK, This is all mentions of Garchomp in all Pokemon in the BL and UU tier. Link, set, paragraph, and line are given.
In Chansey's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the second set, first paragraph, fourth line.
In Jolteon's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the Overview, fifth line. It is also mentioned in the first set, fourth paragraph, eighth line. It's also mentioned in the second set, fourth paragraph, seventh line. It's also mentioned in Checks and Counters, second line, as well as the seventh line.
In Victini's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the fourth set, first paragraph, third line.
In Xatu's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, furth paragraph, fifth line. It's also mentioned in the second set, first paragraph, first line.
In Espeon's analysis, Garchomp is mentioned in the first set, second paragraph, third line.

screw XKs

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fixed the chomp mentions pointed out in lady salamence's last two posts (including an overlap with amarillo's post), as well as that issue with final gambit.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
More nitpicks:

Gengar
Common walls such as Ferrothorn and Blissey, who rely on one attacking move to deal with Gengar,find themselves in a very tight position after their move has been Disabled.
Needs a space there

Infernape

Swords Dance set is missing its set comments

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OK, since 5th gen dex came out, I am abandoning my "read every 4th gen article on site" project, and starting fresh on the 5th gen analyses. These are what I have left over from 4th gen:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/magneton

-- In the Steel Killer set, fourth paragraph, it says:

Magneton can then Magnet Rise before Torterra has the opportunity to Earthquake, leaving Torterra's only offensive options Stone Edge and Wood Hammer, both of which Magneton resists.
The middle clause is worded weirdly. I think this sounds better:

Magneton can then Magnet Rise before Torterra has the opportunity to Earthquake, leaving Stone Edge and Wood Hammer as Torterra's only offensive options, both of which Magneton resists.
-- In the same set, fifth paragraph, it says:

Mismagius pairs excellently with Magneton due to its immunity to Fighting- and Ground-type attacks;
The word "to" should be added where I bolded it.

-- In the Choice Specs set, directly before the damage calculations, it says:

Here are some damage calculations to exhibit Magneton's power:

Below are some calculations to show how powerful Magneton's attacks are against some common threats.

*calcs*
These sentences are redundant, and one of them should be removed.

-- In the UU Other Options section, it says:

Discharge is another option for an Electric attack that has the added bonus of paralyzing the opponent 30% of the time, as opposed to Thunderbolts 10% at the cost of 15 Base Power.
"Thunderbolts" should have an apostrophe, since it is possessive.

-- In the UU Checks and Counters section, third paragraph, it says:

Gastrodon can use Recover to heal itself of damage, while Quagsire is forced to use the less reliable Rest + Sleep Talk.
Quagsire also learns Recover, and is in no way forced to use Rest + Sleep Talk.

-- In the same section, last sentence of the last paragraph, it says:

Hard-hitting Fighting-types with good Special Defense, such as Hitmontop and Hitmonlee, can absorb one or two Thunderbolts and threaten Magneton with Close Combat or Mach Punch.
There should be a comma where I bolded and colored it.

-- In the OU Checks and Counters section, last paragraph, it says:

Dugtrio can trap and OHKO Choice Scarf Magneton that is locked into Thunderbolt. Opposing Magneton and Magnezone can also trap and KO Magneton that is not using Hidden Power Fire or Hidden Power Ground.
All instances of "is" should be changed to "are" for subject-verb agreement purposes.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/magnezone

-- In the SubSalac set, second paragraph, it says:

You can replace Thunderbolt with Flash Cannon, giving you coverage against Tyranitar, but leaving you walled by Swampert.
Won't Swampert wall it with either Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon?

-- In the Choice Specs set, second paragraph, it says:

84 Speed EVs is recommended to outpace minimum Speed Skarmory and Metagross, and the leftover HP EVs allows Magnezone to make better use of its defenses and typing.
"allows" should be "allow".

-- In the Uber Choice Scarf set, second paragraph, it says:

It also allows Magnezone to check non-Choice Scarf Garchomp and Swords Dance Rayquaza, as Magnezone can outspeed and OHKO both with Hidden Power Ice(Magnezone also resists ExtremeSpeed in Rayquaza's case).
There needs to be a space between the beginning of the parenthetical phrase and "Hidden Power Ice".

-- In the Uber Other Options section, first sentence, it says:

Magnezone does have some other moves available to it.
"have" should be added where I bolded it.

That's all I have for now.

alex 67: pupitar has shed skin as its regular and dw ability, so it should be there twice.
someone might have fixed it, but there wasn't a space there

superjocke: I can't fix that with SCMS it's a database error, sorry.

In the Cloyster analysis, there is a period missing at the end of the analysis of Cloyster's only set.

Finally, rain helps Cloyster getting past Steel-types such as Jirachi, Metagross, and Bronzong, which means Politoed is a great teammate for its ability to summon it
There should be a period at the end of the sentence, after the bolded "it."

Minor mistake on the Defiant page.

It states that "Braviary and Primeape both have access to Close Combat, but Defiant isn't triggered by self-inflicted stat drops, so this makes the entire ability slightly worse.". This is only half true. Primeape has access to Close Combat, but Braviary does not. It does, however, get Superpower, which I assume is what was being thought of when the page was being written. My suggestion is; "Braviary has access to Superpower, and Primeape has access to Close Combat, but Defiant isn't triggered by self-inflicted stat drops, so this makes the entire ability slightly worse."

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/infernape

Under Swords Dance:
"The recommended EVs are very straightforward: maximum Attack and Speed investments maximize Infernape's offensive potential, and the remaining 4 EVs are thrown into HP."

The spread listed is 4 SpD EVs, not 4 HP.

Under Mixed Attacker:
"four-move -slot"

I'm not sure if it's moveslot (as I've seen it stylized) or move-slot, but the extra space should go.
Fixed both.

Also under MixApe:
"maximizes Infernape's Speed stat , allowing it to"
Extra space before the comma.
Okay Fixed.

@above: Sorry, that was Nasty Plot. Not MixApe.
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/vaporeon

Checks and Counters:
as he can use Leech Seed which, in conjunction with Vaporeon's massive HP stat, will heal huge amounts of damage he may have taken.

I think there should be a comma there.
I think this is wrong actually but I'm rather unsure so I won't touch it.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/giratina

Boosting Tank section:

"After a Calm Mind, it is practically impossible to OHKO Giratina with any attack; even a Choice Band-boosted Outrage from Adamant Zekrom) fails to do so due to its sheer base defensive stats."

There is a lone parenthesis after Zekrom that should be removed.
Fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)