Other Metagames Armarouge The King (STABmons)

So, i wanted to give armarouge a try and it's really underrated!

Here's the team:

Armarouge @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Esper Wing
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Weak armor + esper wing makes it only really weak to dark types and water with priority moves, torch song is for rising the sp. Attack, aura sphere instead of focus blast because it's doesn't miss, and dark pulse for coverage.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Memento

Grimmsnarl is the typical screens setter and i gave it memento to keep up with the Momentum, taunt of course is to stop possibly hazards and or potencial sweepers.

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Tera Type: Ground
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

My physical wall pairs really well with my tyranitar, body press is for chip, u-turn for Momentum, roost and defog for keeping it health and utiliy for it's team.

Ability: Disguise
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Magical Torque

Mimikyu is my physical sweeper with swords dances, shadow sneak for priority, drain punch for recovery and hitting normal and dark types, magical torque for a nice coverage too.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Astral Barrage
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Dragapult serves as my fast special attacker with moves like dragon energy for hitting hard neutral resistentes, and the rest is coverage for other pokemons for exemple skeledirge, meowscarada and Rotom-Wash.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Stone Axe
- Knock Off
- Ceaseless Edge

Ttar is my special wall with moves like salt cure for doing solid dmg in water and steel types, stone axe and ceaseless edge for hazard while doing dmg and knock off for its utility, and it's pairs really well with corviknight.

Things might change as i play more games with this team.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Gonna be honest here, your team is a mess in regards to what it wants to be, can't decide if it wants to be HO or not and is using some anti-syngery elements to top it all off.

First, Armarouge, it's okay, I don't necessarily agree with you running weak armour AND esper wing but in theory it should work, Psystrike would probably serve you better.

Now the big points to pay attention too, your team is confused, HO is a all or nothing playstyle not something you can tepidly dip your toes into and hoping it works. This is the reason that the archetype is even able to run suicide leads / screens with memento sets which for a normal team is simply you sacking a team slot and making it a 5v6 for yourself. HO needs win cons on top of win cons, with each win con having a different matchup to a another member of the team (example having something that can setup on X but loses to Y, you'd build your HO team to abuse this weakness to Y by having another setup sweeper or powerhouse that can wreck havoc afterwards and hopefully snowball into a win, and repeat this with the new mon, in short you build fail-safes).

Tyranitar is by all accounts not built to be used on an HO team (the set itself is also extremely flawed outside of it), the reason it doesn't fit is that is built to be a hazard setup poke but that is a momentum sapping choice that does not fit into HO. The set itself is also extremely flawed, AV Tyranitar is not viable when you can simply run Covert Cloak or Lefties and run Shore Up for reliable recovery immensely boosting the longevity of Tyranitar. Moreover, Tyranitar brings some anti-syngergistic aspects such as the fact that Sand Stream would break your sash on Armarouge. Tyranitar if it isn't being run as a setup sweeper simply consumes all momentum and should not be on an HO team in this scenario.

Next... pretty simple one, Dragapult is banned. So is Astral Barrage.

Mimiyuku could work (you are missing an item I recommend Covert Cloak) but you are losing out on the potential abuse of another move, Rage Fist, which disguises first hit does boost thus being at minimum 100 BP Ghost stab, when paired versus a Toxapex it you can accrue multiple boosts easily and break things you'd normally be hardpressed to break.

Corviknight is like Tyranitar but worse, worse because it isn't very good in Stabmons and is terrible on HO.

Grimmsnarl is only usable on HO, and sacking a Pokemon for such little gain is silly when the team can't properly take advantage of the screens uptime.

Honestly, I suggest going back to the drawing board and either building a balance team (thus getting rid of Grimmsnarl) and consulting the Banlist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)