Art for Articles

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow thanks Bummer just updating to know that I'll be gone for one more week and then I'll be able to upload this. Thank you man

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
uploaded everything thanks :) i'll update the OP at some point this week when i have a functional computer

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
anto said I should post this here, so... I'd like to reserve these articles, if that's all right (I've included a basic idea of what I wanted to illustrate them with as well):

Pokemon XD Orre Colosseum Guide
I wanted to illustrate this article with an image of Cipher Admin Lovrina with two of her Pokemon (double battle), such as Misdreavus and Milotic, in the Orre Colosseum.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness In-Game Tiers
For this one, I wanted to do an Eevee with an Espeon "shadow" behind it.

Pokemon Colosseum In-Game Tiers
For this one, I wanted to draw the Espeon & Umbreon duo.

EDIT: Here's a rough idea of the 2nd one. I don't like it though. Will probably redo.
eevee.png

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Hello esteemed artists, I am here to propose the next big project on this site:
The Smogon University House System/Player Personality Test
BEFORE I BEGIN I WANT TO REQUEST that you keep this project on the DL because it is not ready to open to public yet.
TLDR: The pokemon version of A) Harry Potter sorting hat + B) Brigs-Myers personality test developed by myself, ABR, and various competitive players + TDs.

UPDATE: standing requests - we need a banner for the project overall, something like "Smogon Houses & Competitive Playstyle Test" at the very top of the post

Thanks to all the artists helping out all other requests have been fulfilled.

Next we need introduction/description art for each of the houses
Here are the rough descriptions of each house:
SPOILERS: if you want to take the test without ANY information of the Houses just PM me! And don't open the Hide tag (it doesn't spoil much tho)

The premise of the project is diversity, so we would ideally like to appoint 1 artist for each of the "Houses": Abraccus, D'Mater, and Victorium.
(UPDATE: LifeisDANK has taken the Victorium house, Bummer has taken Abraccus, and MamOwOswine has taken D'Mater)
ALL REQUESTS FILLED FOR HOUSES

Abraccus: Features mascot Alakazam (ik the other one said abra but we decided Zam looks cooler, so we'll use abra on the crest)
features typings psychic and steel, features house colors pink and metallic grey (need a checkered banner too which is easy just a checkered rectangle), and features secondary mascot Metagross (mega) and any other psychics/steels at your artistic discretion

D'Mater: Features mascot Kangaskhan, and typings normal and fighting, features house colors beige and crimson, and features secondary mascot Lopunny (Mega) and any other normals/fights at your artistic discretion (oh please include Riolu)

Victorium: Features mascot Victini, and typings fire and dark, features house colors orange and midnight, and features secondary mascot Houndoom (Mega) and any other fires/darks at your artistic discretion

Exercise your artistic vision, contact me or ABR for details.

Next, we need crests for each of the houses. These are the models we are going for:
(UPDATE: At least one of the 3 crests has been taken up by brightobject ) ONE CREST AVAILABLE

For the crest, the Houses are as follows:
Abraccus has Alakazam as the mascot. House motif should be metal/silver spoon/spoons. The overall color scheme imo should be metallic/silverish (or include 1 more color)? somethin like that
D'Mater has Kangaskhan as the mascot. House motif should be ropes, and color scheme imo is crimson? or two colors beige and crimson
Victorium has Victini, house motif should be a golden chalice/chalices (w sapphire embedded? idk) Color scheme should be gold or black maybe?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That ends the most exciting part which is the House system. Now we move on to Smogon Majors, the personality test part (for competitive players).
In order not to spoil i will just give the capital letters to each category, and these should be relatively simple
(UPDATE: The coins have been taken up by rozes )
A circular icon with a mon inside should suffice (also include the letter somewhere in the icon), and I need these ones:
Category 1: N / C - N: Bisharp, C: Magearna
Category 2: X / V - X: Landorus-Therian, V: Ditto
Category 3: P / R - P: Keldeo, R: Wobbuffet
Category 4: E / O - U: Solgaleo , O: Lunala

And as for how the icons will look for each letter category they can just be simple like the Smogon front page ones below
But style them so they are more monochromatic so that they have more of a "coin" like property

That should about conclude this project! It would be great if we can get it done by the end of the month, though the schedule can be a bit more flexible
(Update: the test itself in its 2 parts has been completed)

PM myself or ABR for information or if you are interested, commissions are on the table. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD because we think this project is going to be a huge hit in the community, and who doesn't like gorgeous artwork.

Thank you to the art community, keep up the good work whether you want to/end up getting to working on this project or not.

- Goatc

Last edited:
Hey we already have people doing the 8 coins + the crests so let us know if you'd like to do the house art, thanks in advance

edit: LifeisDANK has taken the victorium house
edit2: MamOwOswine has taken d'mater

Last edited:

LifeisDANK

Bird Enthusiast
is a Top Artistis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Hey we already have people doing the 8 coins + the crests so let us know if you'd like to do the house art, thanks in advance
Victorium: Features mascot Victini, and typings fire and dark, features house colors orange and midnight, and features secondary mascot Houndoom (Mega) and any other fires/darks at your artistic discretion

wouldnt mind taking up this one, whens this needed by?

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Might wanna edit the big post then ;;>_>
Done. Would you like to consider doing one of the houses or crests? We still need a banner for the entire project (Smogon Houses + Smogon Majors) or just environmental art supplementary to the project, anything is fine (huge fan)

Last edited:
Hello esteemed artists, I am here to propose the next big project on this site:
The Smogon University House System/Player Personality Test
BEFORE I BEGIN I WANT TO REQUEST that you keep this project on the DL because it is not ready to open to public yet.
TLDR: The pokemon version of A) Harry Potter sorting hat + B) Brigs-Myers personality test developed by myself, ABR, and various competitive players + TDs.

UPDATE: standing requests - we need a banner for the project overall, something like "Smogon Houses & Competitive Playstyle Test" at the very top of the post

Thanks to all the artists helping out all other requests have been fulfilled.

Next we need introduction/description art for each of the houses
Here are the rough descriptions of each house:
SPOILERS: if you want to take the test without ANY information of the Houses just PM me! And don't open the Hide tag (it doesn't spoil much tho)

The premise of the project is diversity, so we would ideally like to appoint 1 artist for each of the "Houses": Abraccus, D'Mater, and Victorium.
(UPDATE: LifeisDANK has taken the Victorium house, Bummer has taken Abraccus, and MamOwOswine has taken D'Mater)
ALL REQUESTS FILLED FOR HOUSES

Abraccus: Features mascot Alakazam (ik the other one said abra but we decided Zam looks cooler, so we'll use abra on the crest)
features typings psychic and steel, features house colors pink and metallic grey (need a checkered banner too which is easy just a checkered rectangle), and features secondary mascot Metagross (mega) and any other psychics/steels at your artistic discretion

D'Mater: Features mascot Kangaskhan, and typings normal and fighting, features house colors beige and crimson, and features secondary mascot Lopunny (Mega) and any other normals/fights at your artistic discretion (oh please include Riolu)

Exercise your artistic vision, contact me or ABR for details.

Next, we need crests for each of the houses. These are the models we are going for:
(UPDATE: At least one of the 3 crests has been taken up by brightobject ) ONE CREST AVAILABLE

For the crest, the Houses are as follows:
Abraccus has Alakazam as the mascot. House motif should be metal/silver spoon/spoons. The overall color scheme imo should be metallic/silverish (or include 1 more color)? somethin like that
D'Mater has Kangaskhan as the mascot. House motif should be ropes, and color scheme imo is crimson? or two colors beige and crimson
Victorium has Victini, house motif should be a golden chalice/chalices (w sapphire embedded? idk) Color scheme should be gold or black maybe?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That ends the most exciting part which is the House system. Now we move on to Smogon Majors, the personality test part (for competitive players).
In order not to spoil i will just give the capital letters to each category, and these should be relatively simple
(UPDATE: The coins have been taken up by rozes )
A circular icon with a mon inside should suffice (also include the letter somewhere in the icon), and I need these ones:
Category 1: N / C - N: Bisharp, C: Magearna
Category 2: X / V - X: Landorus-Therian, V: Ditto
Category 3: P / R - P: Keldeo, R: Wobbuffet
Category 4: E / O - U: Solgaleo , O: Lunala

And as for how the icons will look for each letter category they can just be simple like the Smogon front page ones below
But style them so they are more monochromatic so that they have more of a "coin" like property

That should about conclude this project! It would be great if we can get it done by the end of the month, though the schedule can be a bit more flexible
(Update: the test itself in its 2 parts has been completed)

PM myself or ABR for information or if you are interested, commissions are on the table. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD because we think this project is going to be a huge hit in the community, and who doesn't like gorgeous artwork.

Thank you to the art community, keep up the good work whether you want to/end up getting to working on this project or not.

- Goatc
I'll do the project banner :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)