Data ASB and CAP Voting Polls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello denizens of ASB,

Recently there has been CAP Movepools going on with a poll recently being shut down because of the way it has turned out. I have conversed with a CAP Moderator on the matter and I have been told that there had been talk about ASBers influencing the CAP Polls. I have been concerned about ASB influences on votes for a few years now (way back to Mollux) and only now had it come to a head with campaigning in the ASB chat occurring when there were CAP Moderators in the chat. This goes against CAP rules for campaigning and I am disgusted that this has happened in #capasb and has stalled their process.

From now on (This applies to #capasb, if you do not use the channel at all, then you do not have to do this):
  • There is to be no campaigning for a specific CAP attribute in #capasb to be enforced at all times. CAP's are designed with a specific metagame in mind and ASB is not that metagame. Let's keep it that way. If you do this and I find out, you will be banned from the chat without exceptions.
  • Until further notice, discussion on CAP Voting is banned in #capasb. This may be lifted eventually but not now.
  • Basically just do not talk about unconfirmed parts of the newest CAP to not get yourself banned. Yes we might be eventually get that CAP but again, we are not the intended metagame for CAP.
I am appalled that this has happened in the chat and this is a reminder that I do not want ASBers to try and campaign for a certain attribute of CAP so it performs better in ASB in the future.

I am not saying that ASBers should not vote in CAP Polls, just that they should not be sabotaging polls by getting a bunch of ASBers to vote for a specific attribute for ASB's benefit, and I do not want to go as far as remove CAP's/stop implementing new CAP's to stop this entirely.

CAP competitive polls should be voted on based on what is best for whatever metagame it is built for, not on what is best for ASB. Let's keep it that way in the future, okay?

~Its_A_Random

Tagging Birkal so he knows about this and that if he has anything to add to this, please post it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
With the Topic Leader and TLT Nominations for the next CAP coming up, I would like to remind people who use #capasb of this and basically don't talk about things of the next CAP that aren't confirmed, including ongoing discussions and polls (and I guess, future ones). At most users will get banned for two weeks for doing such but since we have not started proper, we won't be that harsh and will be quite lax until Concept Submissions start.

I do not want a repeat of the Crucibelle Movepool submission controversy so yeah just don't do it. We are not the intended metagame so yeah.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
RE CAP Updates:

CAP have started the process of revising updating their existing CAP's. I am assuming they are going to be updating them from their previous status as generation-locked to the generation they were made to also be compatible with the new generation amongst other things. To get it out of the way, yes we will be adopting whatever change CAP makes to each of their existing CAP's, especially if they update the CAP's through to the new generation. This is because we are using their creations for this game and the only reason we had been updating CAP's each generation was because of the generation-lock and also so the CAP's are current generation compliant. It will also allow for consistency between the CAP's on Showdown and in ASB and avert questions like "Why does ASB Fidgit have Instruct and Showdown Fidgit (post-update) doesn't?". We'll handle the changes as they come but things like moves lost etc. will have refunds and changes to stats/abilities will give free nature changes and whatnot. But more on that when the updates come.

But the main point of this post is this: because this is going on, please do not discuss anything about the updates to the CAP's that are not confirmed (Nothing at the time of this post), and in the case of polls, do not campaign to get a specific option nominated for the same reasons outlined in the above two posts, especially on the ASB Discord. If I or another mod finds out, you should expect to find yourself banned from the Discord Server for a period of time. You are allowed to talk about the CAP's as they are in their current ASB-updated form (for example, what Aurumoth does in the ASB meta at the moment, how Anchor Shot has improved Cawmodore, etc), but don't talk about the CAP updates that will eventually supersede the updates we have done, at least updates that haven't been 100% confirmed.

If you see an ASB user trying to influence the outcome of a CAP Poll in the server or not following the rules, please contact me or another mod and the situation will be appropriately dealt with.

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)