Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I was playing a randoms match and had a toxic boost Zangoose with Facade. However, in addition to receiving a 50% boost to the attack stat, Facade's power (140 after considering toxic status) was also boosted by 50% to 210. I researched the ability: two sources I trust said the attack is boosted, a third said the power of physical moves is, but none said both get a 50% boost. Can somebody explain the mechanics of this, or should I report this as a bug?

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I was playing a randoms match and had a toxic boost Zangoose with Facade. However, in addition to receiving a 50% boost to the attack stat, Facade's power (140 after considering toxic status) was also boosted by 50% to 210. I researched the ability: two sources I trust said the attack is boosted, a third said the power of physical moves is, but none said both get a 50% boost. Can somebody explain the mechanics of this, or should I report this as a bug?
210 is the correct effective base power of Facade when used by a Zangoose with Toxic Boost that's poisoned. Toxic Boost increases the power of all physical moves by 1.5x. This is separate from Facade's effect of doubling its base power when statused, so Facade's boost and Toxic Boost stack on top of each other, resulting in an effective base power of 210. It's not a bug.

EDIT: Sorry. Ignore this; I was misunderstanding the question.

Last edited:
210 is the correct effective base power of Facade when used by a Zangoose with Toxic Boost that's poisoned. Toxic Boost increases the power of all physical moves by 1.5x. This is separate from Facade's effect of doubling its base power when statused, so Facade's boost and Toxic Boost stack on top of each other, resulting in an effective base power of 210. It's not a bug.
The issue he's saying is that toxic boost boosted the BP of the attack and the attack stat itself: I just tested and was able to recreat it. Luckily, it's a visual glitch: The damage done
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-580589557 matches 252+ Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 216-255 (56.8 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
http://imgur.com/a/0cjww is how it looks on client

The server code boosts the move's power, so assuming this is correct, then the client's display of the attack stat is incorrect.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
1 more question, is it possible to remove some of the meta on my rank page? its filled with old metas that i dont play anymore and its annoying that i have to look at those whenever i do /rank. Is there a way to remove them or am i stuck with them? thx

Hi, sorry for my english
i wanna know if If there was an increase in the score range to find an opponent in SM OU.
Lately I often get to the opponent with 150-200 points less
Thanks for help

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If the matchmaking system is taking a longer time to find you a partner, it will increase the score range, which is likely what happened here.

Is it possible to create custom Pokemon that I can battle with on Pokemon showdown? Or can I change the base stats of Pokemon on showdown?

i can´t close the combat and the opponent has disconnected maybe 10 minutes ago i click in "stop timer" and i don't know what can i do?

i can´t close the combat and the opponent has disconnected maybe 10 minutes ago i click in "stop timer" and i don't know what can i do?
Maybe a week ago there was a bug with the timer button. I thought that was fixed, but if not: Try typing "/timer on" into the battle chat

Opera currently bug on the simulator. Is there anyway I can access my teams without using the team builder so I can port them over to a different browser.

Opera currently bug on the simulator. Is there anyway I can access my teams without using the team builder so I can port them over to a different browser.
You can type /debug extractteams into the chat. This will give you the teams as a JSON Object, provided the crash isn't earlier in the line than this.

Last I heard, doing navigator.storage.persist() even on the console crashes opera. That sounds like it's pretty early in the chain, so you might be out of luck if your team storage can't even be accessed.
Maybe somebody with a tech background who has the same problem can find an alternative method of accessing the storage in opera.

You can type /debug extractteams into the chat. This will give you the teams as a JSON Object, provided the crash isn't earlier in the line than this.

Last I heard, doing navigator.storage.persist() even on the console crashes opera. That sounds like it's pretty early in the chain, so you might be out of luck if your team storage can't even be accessed.
Maybe somebody with a tech background who has the same problem can find an alternative method of accessing the storage in opera.
So /debug extractteams worked and I think I got the JSON Object. How do I put that into a browser so I can get my teams.

Edit:At least it can find the teams I care about now. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
So /debug extractteams worked and I think I got the JSON Object. How do I put that into a browser so I can get my teams.
That's hard to do in an automated way unless somebody can find the code that does it in the PS repository for you.

For now, use https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to format it and make the JSON object a bit more readable. If you really need one specific team, you should be able to understand the JSON code and input it into the teambuilder by looking at it.

Code:
[ 
  { 
  "name":"SPL Stall [Unknown]",
  "format":"gen7ou",
  "team":"|clefable|leftovers|H|moonblast,healbell,wish,protect|Bold|248,,252,,,8|F|,0,,,,|||]|chansey|eviolite||seismictoss,toxic,stealthrock,softboiled|Bold|240,,252,,,16||,0,,,,|||]|dugtrio|groundiumz|1|earthquake,screech,toxic,substitute|Jolly|,252,4,,,252|||||]|skarmory|shedshell|1|counter,defog,spikes,roost|Bold|248,,244,,,16||,0,,,,|||]|sableyemega|sablenite|prankster|protect,willowisp,knockoff,recover|Careful|248,,156,,100,4|F||||]|toxapex|leftovers|H|haze,scald,toxicspikes,recover|Bold|248,,204,,56,|F|,0,,,,30|||",
  "folder":"",
  "iconCache":""
  },
  { 
  "name":"Untitled 137",
  "format":"gen7lastwill",
  "team":"|dragonite|choiceband|H|extremespeed,firepunch,earthquake,outrage|Adamant|,252,4,,,252|||||]|slaking|choiceband||gigaimpact,earthquake,shadowclaw,flail|Jolly|,252,,,4,252|||||]|exploud|choicespecs|H|focusblast,fireblast,surf,boomburst|Modest|,,,252,248,8||,0,,,,|||]|celesteela|leftovers||leechseed,substitute,flamethrower,heavyslam|Sassy|252,,4,,252,|||||]|heatran|leftovers||substitute,flashcannon,earthpower,lavaplume|Timid|4,,,252,,252||,0,,,,|||]|victini|choicescarf||finalgambit,glaciate,energyball,vcreate|Naive|,252,,4,,252|||||",
  "folder":"",
  "iconCache":""
  }
]

Last edited:
Why is that when i try to use the custap berry it said it's unreleased its not you got from a shiny entai event back in 2011 for black and white 2 and you can grow them

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why is that when i try to use the custap berry it said it's unreleased its not you got from a shiny entai event back in 2011 for black and white 2 and you can grow them
You can't transfer items into Sun and Moon from past generation games. Any items distributed via past generation events are irrelevant for the current generation.

How does ladder decay work? RBY has accumulated a metric fuckton of dead alts over the years, they block 80 spots on the top 500. Will they vanish someday or will the RBY top 500 eventually only consist of 1499 and 1500 ratings?

So basically these alts remain forever? 1500 seems like an unusually high threshold considering there are currently only 28 alts above that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)