Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
It was intentional.
Zarel said:
Update color correction algorithm
The new algorithm is significantly more accurate to how lightness actually works.

Overall, colors should be a bit darker now.

This has two advantages:
- Better readability for light colors in light mode
- Less eyesore in dark mode

Also people were complaining about reds being too bright in the last change, which this change fixes.
https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client/commit/9b6a9a7a5559b507e5194a20b892bff687a60c9f

Any way to remove being locked? I have genuinely done nothing but I accidentally gave my pass to someone who has a locked IP. Is there any way for me to unlock it? Like changing password so he can't access it? Idk.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Any way to remove being locked? I have genuinely done nothing but I accidentally gave my pass to someone who has a locked IP. Is there any way for me to unlock it? Like changing password so he can't access it? Idk.
Giving your password to a locked person (or to anyone in general) is rather recommended against, but you can indeed change your password to prevent non-trustworthy friends from accessing your account. If you want to appeal your lock or know how many time left you have before getting unlocked, feel free to contact any Global Staff member (@ and above in the Help room).

Does anyone know how interpret the usage stats properly? What's the difference between "raw" and "real" data, and why doesn't the usage stat multiply with the total battles stat to create either of the raw or real values?

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Good afternoon !

Is the /ionext command supposed to be permanent, and if so, would it be possible to make something like a /alwaysionext (I guess you will see what I mean) for test series and the likes ?

Thanks by advance and have a nice day !

I can't log in to Pokemon Showdown, do you use the same password that you use for the forums or a different one? I've been changing my password because of this and it still doesn't work.

Ceteris Paribus

I am inevitable.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't log in to Pokemon Showdown, do you use the same password that you use for the forums or a different one? I've been changing my password because of this and it still doesn't work.
No, the accounts you use on smogon and PS aren't linked in anyway, the password you used on PS should be the one you used when you first registered your account on the site.

I have two technical questions:

1) On the PS Github, in learnset.js I understand the L, M, T, E syntax is for moves learnt by respectively Level-up, TM/HM, Tutor, Egg. Then there is S that seems to be for events. But then there are 6 instances of moves classified as C as referenced here (only "3C" and "4C" appear):
machamp:bulletpunch,"4C"
hitmontop:foresight,"4C"
gliscor:batonpass,"4C"
cloyster:rapidspin,"3C"
hitmontop:machpunch,"3C"
masquerain:hydropump,"3C"
What are those for? Some seem to be egg moves and some seem to be pre-evolution moves, but it's not clear, and I don't understand why this syntax exists.

2) Where are the learnsets for Gen I? I find them for all Gens in their respective mods folder, but Gen I seems to have none...

Edit: Added details to 1) and typo

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Question: Why are ROs unable to promote to RO as well. If it's to avoid ''abuse'' wouldn't the RO that abuses be technically not suited for RO anyways?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Room Owners are the leaders and role models of a room, to the point that all public room owners must have global voice. So, we (the global staff team) review all RO nominations from any public room before they get promoted, to ensure they are a "good user" across the simulator. We don't want a RO who is great in one room, but awful in others or anything like that.

By the pokemon's tier.

Code:
let levelScale = {
            LC: 87,
            'LC Uber': 86,
            NFE: 84,
            PU: 83,
            BL4: 82,
            NU: 81,
            BL3: 80,
            RU: 79,
            BL2: 78,
            UU: 77,
            BL: 76,
            OU: 75,
            Uber: 73,
            AG: 71,
        };
How were these levels decided?
These are special entries for moves which are chain bred. They are a valid father for another Pokémon's egg move, but the father doesn't directly learn the move.
How are these moves requiring chain breeding? Machamp can know bullet punch from Hitmonchan. Gliscor can know baton pass from Ledyba, Ninjask, and Scolipede. Hitmonchan can learn mach punch by level up. Masquerain can know hydro pump from a lot of possible parents.

Last edited:
To reply to my own question from above, I found the document, globals.ts, which contains the info I asked. There are the categories, including also D for Dream World, and V for Virtual Console that I didn't mention.

Nevertheless I'd like to know, as sumwun asked why these 4 moves are classified as such when there seem to be no need for chain breeding for them?

And more generally:
1) what's the point anyway of storing the fact that it is chain bred and not just bred? (Because they can give the move to a child anyway)?
2) it seems odd to me that those would be the only 4 moves you can only obtain through chain breeding, so there should be others classified as such no?
Tagging The Immortal as suggested above.

Pretty sure he meant tag me for the Random Battle question. Well it was arbitrary in the beginning but through experience and modifying it over generations, we ended up with these, which are meant to be balanced.

Sorry about that :) well at least the other question got answered!
I saw you were the second biggest contributor to Showdown on the GitHub, so that's why I assumed there'd be a chance you'd know the answer to the chain breeding tag thingy, but I guess everyone has their specific areas where they're good in so I'll wait for someone else to answer that other question :)

How are these moves requiring chain breeding? Machamp can know bullet punch from Hitmonchan. Gliscor can know baton pass from Ledyba, Ninjask, and Scolipede. Masquerain can know hydro pump from a lot of possible parents.
Which is as I said: the father doesn't directly learn the move. It needs to be bred on to the father, and then on to the egg. Thus it's a chain...
Hitmonchan can learn mach punch by level up.
While it's true that Hitmonchan learns Mach Punch by level up in Gen 7, this is no use when you're validating battles in previous gens.

Which is as I said: the father doesn't directly learn the move. It needs to be bred on to the father, and then on to the egg. Thus it's a chain...
Hitmonchan directly learns bullet punch and can be Machop's father. Ledyba, Ninjask, and Scolipede can directly learn baton pass and be Gligar's father.

Notwithstanding the point of sumwun , I still may be missing something but as I also asked: what is the purpose of storing it in the 'C' category instead of just 'E' (egg move)? Maybe a concrete example? (Does it have to do with team-validator.js? Some moves would go through that shouldn't?)

And also then, IF there is a purpose in that, then there should be other moves classified as such no? Because it seems to me that there aren't only 4 moves across 7 generations that require chain breeding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)