Bad Luck You've Had So Far

The DexNav can be rage-inducing sometimes. I was chaining Eevees to get the HP/SpD one I wanted (for Vaporeon). Get up to a chain of 15 Eevees, then see a 16th one that has one perfect IV, is Level 18, and got Detect as an egg move.

It ran away at no fault of my own. Rage mode activated.
Well, I know what's coming up on BuzzNav...

The RNG hates my Haxekiss set in the Maison that runs paraflinch with Dazzling Gleam and Nasty Plot, holding Brightpowder. Doesn't stop Swampert from avoiding flinching and hitting 70% accurate Stone Edge 2/3 times.

Oh, and I lost that same battle because Chesnaught3 landed Focus Blast on my Mega Kanga on the first try, OHKOing it and leaving me with nothing to stop the Manectric that came in.

My latest two defeats at Battle Tree were really nasty:

- The battle begins: Mimikyu vs Jolteon.
- Jolteon uses Confuse Ray.
- After setting up Swords Dance, Mimikyu decides it's a good time to hit itself in confusion twice in a row. Fortunately, Jolteon is the one that breaks the Disguise with Thunderbolt, and uses Thunder Wave in the second hit.

[FAST FORWARD]

- My Mega Salamence falls to a Wishiwashi's Ice Beam thanks to it not letting me set up. Thankfully, I managed to have it eat its Sitrus Berry, so just one hit and it's down.
- I send out Aegislash, previously paralyzed by Jolteon. 1 Pokemon left on each team.
- Aegislash loses its turn due to paralysis three times in a row, not even being able to use King's Shield to weaken the Wishiwashi's Waterfall. Result: Aegislash goes down without moving. Defeat.

- Battle #20, vs Dexio.
- The battle goes on pretty fine until his Alolan Ninetales KOs my Staraptor with Freeze-Dry. (I had no choice but to sacrifice it, as it had no more use)
- With Marowak also being down, we end up 1v1, Toxapex vs Ninetales. Thanks to Toxapex's bulk, it can tank Freeze-Dry and Toxic stall Ninetales to get the win.
- So... what happens? Pretty simple. Ninetales uses Freeze-Dry and Toxapex ends up frozen.
- I have to change plans, so I use Scald to thaw out. My plan is to Recover and use Toxic, hoping Scald doesn't burn.
- Scald burns Ninetales (making stalling pretty much impossible).
- Oh, but it does not end here: Freeze-Dry hits Toxapex and freezes it again. Naturally, I cannot thaw out before getting hit again and losing the battle.

Even though bottle caps exist in gen 7 to alleviate the pain and frustration of getting 'flawless' 'mons, I am among those who prefer to avoid using them as much as possible. I much more prefer having my 'mons be truly flawless, rather than 'patching' the flaws. So to that, I've set up a Smeargle to soft-reset Lunala (and Solgaleo) and have been soft-resetting on and off for almost one and a half weeks now.

Near the end of the first week, I managed to snag what looked like an almost flawless Lunala: Timid, with 232/117/119/172/119/140 stats which looks like a few points off having a 0 in attack and being overall flawless. The actual IVs, however, came out to be 31/4/31/31/30/30. Normally in this generation, that would be a flawless Lunala; after all, the only thing I'd need to do is use a bottle cap on speed and maybe special defense.

However, that is not a flawless Lunala in my eyes. Even though I did keep it, I'm still SRing in the hopes that I'll get that flawless Lunala one day.

But that cutscene after capturing it! Why must you do this to us, GF! Why!

I suffered a really embarassing loss to a Bannette in the Battle Tree. I've got my Mimikyu out with a disguise up, so I think I'm safe to throw up a swords dance. The Bannette uses Nasty Plot. That should have been my warning, but instead I play the boost game and use Swords Dance again. It pops my disguise with a Shadow Ball. If I was paying more attention, I would have noticed that the Bannette moved first before my Jolly Mimikyu with max speed. Warning #2.

Knowing Bannette is super slow, I go for a Shadow Claw instead of a Shadow Sneak. Bannette goes first and kills me with Shadow Ball. Wait, what!? HOW IS IT SO FAST?!

It then proceeds to kill my Tapu Lele with another Shadow Ball and my Celesteela with a VERY unexpected flamethrower. I thought Bannette couldn't learn flamethrower! AND I'M RIGHT ABOUT THAT!

While I never got a hit on it to know for sure, it's more than likely I was dealing with a Zoroark using Illusion to fake being a Bannette. Course I'll never be certain.

Well, that's the point. Banette cannot learn Nasty Plot, so that gave away it's a Zoroark.

I could be wrong, but in Battle Tree, Nasty Plot is an instant giveaway that it's a Zoroark, even if the Pokemon it's copying can learn the move.

Well, that's the point. Banette cannot learn Nasty Plot, so that gave away it's a Zoroark.

I could be wrong, but in Battle Tree, Nasty Plot is an instant giveaway that it's a Zoroark, even if the Pokemon it's copying can learn the move.
I'm not going to lie, I wasn't playing my best at that point (besides Nasty Plot, there was also outspeeding Mimikyu/Tapu Lele, and the flamethrower that Banette also can't learn. All signs I proceeded to ignore).

If I caught on sooner Mimikyu could have used Z-move Twinkle Tackle to one-shot Zoroark before the trainwreck happened, but I didn't figure it out until it was too late.

Plus I'm still getting used to the Battle Tree, I just barely got my first team all bred and trained up. I swapped out Mimikyu because it kept attracting status moves (and I really couldn't afford swapping the Fairy Z-crystal for a Lum Berry due to Play Rough's shaky accuracy). Been having a better time with Shell Smash Minior.

I call my worst luck when I finally got my pokemon y and AS cartridge a year and a half. When I got it, I think everything hates me. When I open my 3ds, it doesn't work. I tried every cord I can get but NO, it dosen't work. So I begged my relative from another country to buy me a new 3ds with the pokemon moon when it's release(3ds and their games are pretty expensive in my area).

Then I got it this december. But before that, I always look to the games and thought "What did i miss when Im not playing these games?" And I miss EVERYTHING! Especially the 20th Aniversary Event! (Everything would be fine if I least get that sweet Victini).

PS: It is still hurts when somebody plays pokemon without me. :(

Hunting for that beautiful Beautifly in oras, and after three or four hours, I find that shiny Wurmple. Evolves into Dustox. Did I forget to mention it's addy?

My crobat missing 8 TIMES IN A ROW with air slash while trying to faint that trainer's Lilligant in front of the battle tree.

(My crobat fainted after that because of the After you + Hydro pump set... WHICH NEVER MISSED ONCE.

:(

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Battle 143 of my best streak to date in the Subway Doubles: I'm using Little Green Yoda's TR team which he used to get 199 wins a few years back: I'm up against one of the post-Boss Waiters, among the few Trainers who can use Subway Set 2s that deep into the Subway; I lead with Dusclops/Hariyama as always, he leads with Glaceon/Snorlax; I know the sets, as they went largely unchanged when they moved to the Maison. The Glaceon set in question is largely harmless, and the Snorlax could kinda function under TR, so I prioritized taking that out.

The battle that followed was one of the laziest, sloppiest battles I've played in Subway: the majority of it was not unlucky. What was relevant here was the ending: it was down to my Escavalier versus Lickilicky2, my mon down to 55 HP and paralyzed, Lickilicky2 at +6 from Curse and at roughly three-quarters HP. I got extremely lucky one turn and landed a crit Iron Head that brought it down to the red...but then it ran out of PP the next turn, and with the power behind it proceeded to knock out Escavalier with Struggle. To rub it in my face, it took itself out in the Struggle as well.

This is the first time I've had any battle facility streak ended at the hands of Struggle. I kinda put myself in a position to lose, but with one more PP in the enemy's possession, I would have been able to pull through an awful performance on my part. Them's the breaks of not being constantly attentive in these places, though.

walrein just landed 2 sheer colds in a row at the battle tree LOL. seriously why do gamefreak have to fuck everyone over by adding thes assholes to the game EVERY TIME. lord knows how many attempts it would take for me to get it just to land once. oh well. hours down the gutter and goodbye to my 50 win streak just because the AI rely on luck to win. so sad

Raidx

Banned deucer.
I got paralyzed 5 times and critted in the battle tree to end my streak of 40 something :( i literally lose to hax everytime i try it, heres the battle video:

PGXG-WWWW-WWW5-TZGL

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Replaying Pokemon Y: Rival Battle in front of Grass Gym

Braixen uses Psybeam as I switch to Tyrunt. It's an easy 2HKO, but they use Fire Spin while I go for Rock Tomb. (95 Accuracy) I miss. They use Fire Spin again and I miss, then it happens again. After 3 Misses (which is about the odds of finding a Shiny Before Gen VI) I finally hit... and it doesn't KO... Needless to say, I'm not happy. I then go for Bite because Braixen is low enough to be KOed by it. They outspeed even after Rock Tomb's speed drop and use Psybeam, which would have KOed me four turns ago! I rage boxed Tyrunt. He's staying there. Forever.

Long Story Short, Serena is a Sadist that knows when you'll miss and Tyrunt is blinder than a deaf Zubat.

Something that just happened to a friend of mine.

He was in a hurry to get a Galvanize Geodude for the Kanto x Alola tournament, but since I could only give a Galvanize Geodude for him to breed later today (and he thought he wouldn't make it), he tried to chain one for himself.

Due the various difficulties of getting the Geodude and his limited box, he used a Trace Porygon and a Damp Poliwrath to check and stop Self-Destructs, respectively.

Before starting the SOS chain, he was confident it would never break and he'd easily get the Galvanize Geodude, to which I told him there was once chance where the chain could break: if the Galvanize Geodude used Self-Destruct when Porygon switched in.

Which is exactly what ended up happening.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
After hatching 20 Abra (why can they even have Inner Focus?), I was finally able to start breeding! I figured the first step was to get a decent Ditto, so I got a Recycle Munchlax, a Switcheroo Hypno, and a Kommo-o, and started the chain.

At around 30, the Ditto somehow ran out of PP for Recycle without restoring it using its Leppa Berry. It somehow spammed the moves other than Recycle in a suspiciously intentional manner. It then used Struggle, KO'ing itself. But of course, with Pokémon, it can always get worse...

I went to the Move Deleter and removed every move on Munchlax except Recycle. My next chain was able to get to over 50 before I had to go to sleep, the omnipresent blue light in the background.

Somehow, my 3DS completely ran out of power while I was asleep. I lost about half an hour of progress because my 3DS didn't tell me to plug it in. What a dumb thing to happen.

Last pokemon standing, Snorlax died to arcanine Z close combat crit, my dragonite got outspeed, I had my mega mawile left, use sucker punch in hope to crit since arcanine was damaged. Justified, He returned to +0... It would probably had die anyway at -1 under sun (81.5 - 96.8% (xy build))...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I learnt that Mawile could survive a fire blitz under sun from 252+ -1 under sun from a fire type (110 base atk) at full healt whit XY build.

Now I just need to learn every single damage outpout in the game.
And the speed tier.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)