SM OU BAND BULU TEAM

Introduction

Hello everybody! I wanted to build this team around Choice Band Tapu Bulu, which is my favorite Tapu, and I want to see it hitting really hard. I've tested on the ladder and reached 1500 ELO, which is pretty fine for me, who started competitive pokemon a couple of months ago. I'm trying to improve my teambuilding skills, so I need your help. Any Pokemon change recommended is ok (except for Bulu, of course) but the moves can be changed. The only restriction is no Mythicals (except Timid Magearna) and no Heatran, as I want to build this team on my cartridge to battle my friends.

The Team

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
The main attraction on the team. I wanted to build around Choice Band Tapu Bulu. It can come on water types such as Tapu Fini, and can check a few mons like Koko, M-Swampert, Zygarde and force a switch. Adamant nature to hit as hard as possible, and under Grassy Terrain, a Wood Hammer have only a few switch ins. Horn Leech is used to get some health back. Superpower is here mainly for Heatran, who is one of the biggest threats to the team, and Zen Headbutt for M-Venusaur and Amoonguss.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
I needed a mon to check Steel types that walled Tapu Bulu, so I went with Magnezone to trap a bunch of those mons, such as Celesteela, Skarmory, Kartana and Ferrothorn. This EV spread allows to live an unboosted Sacred Sword from Kartana from full HP after Stealth Rock damage, and a Timid nature allows to outspeed Kartana (smogon profile page). Thunderbolt is here for STAB and Skarmory and Celesteela, HP Fire for Ferrothorn and Kartana. Flash Cannon is good against Tapus and other Fairy types, and Volt Switch for momentum.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
I still needed a check for flying and fire types who walled Bulu, so I went with Mega Tyranitar. It's the stealth rocker on the team, and sand Stream is very helpful against Rain teams and Mega Charizard Y. In terms of the moves, I think Stone Edge and Stealth Rock are settled, and Ice Punch is very good against Zygarde and Landorus-T. Dragon Dance is a move that I don't clicked that muck, but helped me in a few situations.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Defog
Another mon that walled Bulu is Tangrowth, so Tornadus-T is here mainly to check it and others Grass types. It's the defogger on the team, which has a good synergy with Hurricane. Flynium Z help us nuke something to open up for Bulu and Supersonic Skystrike is needed to OHKO Tangrowth. Taunt is good for setup sweepers and stall, and U-turn is here for momentum.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
From this point on, I really didn't know what to add for this team. I went with Toxapex beacuse Grassy Terrain allows it to half Earthquake and give it little more recovery. It's very good on the Sp.Def side and, Haze really helps against setup sweepers such as Hawlucha and Zygarde. Toxic is good to criple bulky mons.

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
For the final spot, I went with Scarf-Gren because I lacked speed outside Tornadus-T. It's very good for scouting and gaining information, and in the late game. U-turn is good for momentum, Ice Beam for Lando-T, Zygarde, Salamence and other dragon types. Gunk Shot is mainly for Bulu and other Fairy types, and Spikes is good against choice locked volt switchers, and to stack with the Stealth Rock.

Conclusion

So for my first ever team, I think it's pretty decent, but I really wanted some help, especially on those last two mons, and the moves (mainly on Mega-TTar and Gren). Thank you for the attention, here is one replay, around 1400 ELO.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-833559198

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)