NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no computer still so I'm not going to do the big post I thought I was.

But looking over the thread, in almost every way leet is far townier, wether it be poisoning gp like proph suggested (and thereby denying a chance to mislynch them) or in the leet v twin lynch where of the votes on leet. 3/5 were comfirmed scum, then haruno and ms. I can't see the mafia going this all out on a lynch between 2 mafia member and hell, during the event MS pulls out the ideal scum play, lynch someone not leet or twin and prolong that dispute.

Combined with objectively shadier game play, lynch metal sonic (okay, mobile isn't letting me bold that ?.? But that's my offical vote)

Hitmonleet congrats for not dying d1 and making it until end game where you've won either way now

Either way, thanks to everyone for making my first real game on Smogon a pleasant one.

Unsure if I'll be back given that the activity level was so inconsistent but I had a pretty fun time playing this game. Would honestly rank it as one of my top 5-10 town performances given that I copped one scum and vigged another.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I came down on the scum!leet side after thinking it over but in fairness to former all three of them had legitimate reasons to be town

Scum won for two reasons, having 6 members in a 20 player game (not saying it's unbalanced, just that it was a contributing factor to the win) and a large portion of the town going inactive

People have an irritating tendency to stop caring once it looks like a core group has figured out the game. They figure they don't need to contribute not realizing or not caring that by actively engaging with the game they give the game solvers the means to be more sure of their alignment and funnel towards the scum. If Haruno and Bluedoom specifically were more engaged with the game, especially Haruno given he literally had a cop clear, then they never got mislynched and town wins.

In any case, gg to mafia, town as a whole obviously didn't play well enough to win but there's a portion of town that can be proud of the fact that they played very well to the point of hitting scum 4(?) Days in a row

I don't understand why people thought it was a good idea to take people who didn't post to the end of the game and decide to start by lynching the most active of the inactives (bloodyrain). that was by far the most questionable decision for me

Yeah, the triple scum bus was very /odd/ but clearly it worked out for them

I was assuming that it was five scum, and I got NK'd before you guys lynched Earlio, so I am not sure how I would have played those last couple of Days out. I would probably just be internally screaming or something :P

CAN'T HAVE EVIDENCE FOR BEING LYNCHED IF YOU DON'T POST

I came down on the scum!leet side after thinking it over but in fairness to former all three of them had legitimate reasons to be town

Scum won for two reasons, having 6 members in a 20 player game (not saying it's unbalanced, just that it was a contributing factor to the win) and a large portion of the town going inactive

People have an irritating tendency to stop caring once it looks like a core group has figured out the game. They figure they don't need to contribute not realizing or not caring that by actively engaging with the game they give the game solvers the means to be more sure of their alignment and funnel towards the scum. If Haruno and Bluedoom specifically were more engaged with the game, especially Haruno given he literally had a cop clear, then they never got mislynched and town wins.

In any case, gg to mafia, town as a whole obviously didn't play well enough to win but there's a portion of town that can be proud of the fact that they played very well to the point of hitting scum 4(?) Days in a row
IMO mafia was pretty screwed just based on the format. A lot of our abilities were fairly synergistic (Earlio, Douser and Igniter on different people) in a game with a very outnumbered amount of abilities, against a town with a ton of protective and Investigative abilities. Not to mention Acid taking away Gun Booth and not even giving us a replacement. Also mafia not getting deadchat isn't a point in our favor.

Also, I spent the longest time puzzling over killing you or former after you claimed to have the commute. It was... stressful.

Hitmonleet might as well have hard claimed mafia on the last page

how
:>

The whole thing with the wagoning was something I was very against, but our hands ended up tied in the matter, unfortunately. We had planned to bus me (of which I was really opposed to) and somehow it went the other way.

This was very fun, as well as very stressful. I'm glad to have finally not screwed up an endgame.

acidphoenix postgame y/n? Also, will you reveal the remaining roles?

Dear Former Hope,

You are Anna, the Town Shopkeeper JOAT.

Money is very important to you. If the school is burned down, the students will stop buying your products, and that would be a TRAVESTY. YOU CANNOT ALLOW THIS.

ABILITIES

Gold Dealer - Give a player a Gold item. When Gold is passed to a recipient with 1 item, the item will be stolen by the passer.

Douse - Target a player to douse them. The “Ignite” ability will kill all doused players.

BPV Vendor - Give a player a BPV item. A BPV item prevents one kill, then is consumed.
my role, except I had renamed Gold Dealer to Gold Digger

"
Dear Hitmonleet,
You are Kira, the Mafia Assassin JOAT.

You’re addicted to killing, and you’re good at it. Siding with the innocents was never an option for you and you’ve been waiting for this day for a long time.

ABILITIES
Poison - Target a player to poison them. Poisoned players will die at the end of the next day.
Ninja - Prevent your actions from being shown to roles that see action use.
Ignite - Kill all doused players. This kill bypasses standard protection."

Mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)