Battle of ??? (you pick!) Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
"Battle of ???"

This tournament will be a single region tournament (similar to the 'Battle of Kanto'). When you sign up, post the region you would like to use. Dont forget to make sure your FC and IGN are in your post if theyre not in your signature. Whichever region wins in the voting will be the one we play with! You may vote for any of the following regions:

Johto - 3
Hoenn - 2
Sinnoh - 6
Unova - 4
Kalos - 1

Signed Up/Region Vote
MattaPod - Kalos
Shad0wBlazze - Johto
Kingdon 9162 - Sinnoh
Pink Floyd - Hoenn
Psychomew2 - Unova
GiveMeGeno - Unova
BurgieCedric - Johto
Night Fallen Wolf - Unova
Menezjul - Sinnoh
Nelson Tangela - Sinnoh
Rioan - Johto
trannel - Hoenn
Janji - Sinnoh
EtrianHero23 - Unova
Fudgeythewhale - Sinnoh
aniravjain - Sinnoh
ck49
Matchrock
BlueJello
Impact

Special Rules:
- Battles will be played in the Singles format, 6v6.
- Battles will be best 2 out of 3 and at Level 50.
- Only Pokémon from the region/gen that wins in the voting will be permitted.
- Evolutionary lines will extend cross-gen, ex: if Johto wins, Togekiss will be allowed.
- Ban List: Any Pokémon in the Ubers tier.

Standard Rules:
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- No duplicate items.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- No members who are on the Wifi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum may join.
- A Pokémon cannot use the moves Swagger/Flatter or have the ability Moody.
- Rounds will not be extended unless in the case of a substitute.
- If the battle is not completed, the more active user will move on.
- Post the battle video here in the thread afterwards.

If you have questions about the rules post them here. Please do not PM me. Approved by Mizuhime.

Hopefully locoghoul and all the other 6v6 singles guys wanna play this one :D

Last edited:
I'm assuming swapping teams isn't allowed, but it didn't specifically say in the rules, so I thought I would check to be on the safe side.

MattaPod

Since this is my first tournament and i dont know how you guys handle this stuff: Are you waiting for a certain number of entrants, or is the tournament going to start at a certain date? If so, can you tell me when this will be? :)

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
MattaPod

Since this is my first tournament and i dont know how you guys handle this stuff: Are you waiting for a certain number of entrants, or is the tournament going to start at a certain date? If so, can you tell me when this will be? :)
both of those are correct actually! im hoping for 16 signups, but if its open for a couple more days we will announce round one with the dates/bracket depending on however many people signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)